Goedert on COVID IR - likely out Thursday

Hawkeye

I mean... They haven't done a lot of 12 personnel anyway so whilst I do think Goedert is a good player it'll mean Ertz gets more snaps. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean... They haven't done a lot of 12 personnel anyway so whilst I do think Goedert is a good player it'll mean Ertz gets more snaps. 

Not as much as other years but 22% of plays has been in 12 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Not as much as other years but 22% of plays has been in 12 

I'm so used to seeing "for the season" my eyes can't adjust to being out to just a game 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ertz isn't the player out of the two that should be getting more snaps.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

@Bwestbrook36 you think Ertz should be playing more over Goedert?

No, lol but all @UK_EaglesFan89 is saying is Ertz will get more snaps because Goedert isn't playing on Thursday and they don't tend to get both involved when they are both healthy. 

That's how I read it anyways. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

No, lol but all @UK_EaglesFan89 is saying is Ertz will get more snaps because Goedert isn't playing on Thursday and they don't tend to get both involved when they are both healthy. 

That’s how I read it too and I think he’s right on both scores. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

I know this may seem nuts. But I've been saying it since we knew what we got... put JJAW in as TE.

It's not totally nuts, they should try something. Not much room for him there though either. 

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yeah that's what I meant. Look I'd prefer it was Goedert out there over Ertz because that's in theory the future. But I think it'll do Ertz good (just as it would probably do Goedert good) to get the consistent snaps on the field rather than swapping in and out. 

Well our HC doesn't use him anyway. 

Goedert and Sanders should be the primary focus of offense. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Goedert has been better than Ertz but he hasn't elevated himself that much, and as much clamour as there is for Sanders to get more touches, I don't think he's been great with the touches he has had, the last two Sundays he couldn't hit a hole to save his life and running out of bounds twice when we were chewing clock on Sunday was unforgivably dumb.

10 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Goedert has been better than Ertz but he hasn't elevated himself that much, and as much clamour as there is for Sanders to get more touches, I don't think he's been great with the touches he has had, the last two Sundays he couldn't hit a hole to save his life and running out of bounds twice when we were chewing clock on Sunday was unforgivably dumb.

The O line plays a large part in that. Yeah going out of bounds was done and lucky it didn't impact the outcome. He is still an unused weapon which is the Coaches fault.

Goedert has to pass a COVID test no later than today + tomorrow (24 hours later) to be cleared to play Thursday night. It could happen?

9 hours ago, rrfierce said:

so he's not actually tested positive?

He has. He’s vaccinated. Only reason he’d be on the list is for a positive test 

12 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

I do think both of the players should be used more, but honestly I would like to see Quez get more chances too. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, toolg said:

Goedert has to pass a COVID test no later than today + tomorrow (24 hours later) to be cleared to play Thursday night. It could happen?

Basically even if he did he hasn’t practiced with the team. Even on a short week he doesn’t even know the gameplan. It might be better to assume he won’t play than hope he does. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Basically even if he did he hasn’t practiced with the team. Even on a short week he doesn’t even know the gameplan. It might be better to assume he won’t play than hope he does. 

He knows the game plan pass pass pass pass oops a run . Then pass pass oops illegal rub route pass pass pass. 

• Haha 1

Good game to showcase Ertz for the NFL, he should have 8 receptions for 110 yds and a TD, which means he’ll go 3 for 26 with zero TD’s and 2 drops and 2 penalties. 

• Like 1