Would you trade Dillard?

Infam

So we went from the competition to multiple guys saying we should unload him for a fifth if we get that much- now back to legit NFL LT.

So, is he a flash in the pan right now?

Did he rise to a starter of the future for you?

And would you trade him for the right offer? What would that be?

Say, you are the GM of the Eagles, and the Jets call you and offer their first. But it has to be done right now.. is it a yes or a no for you?

The Jets first? Umm, yeah I'd do that.

But no I have no real plans to trade Dillard.

• Like 1

Yes you do that without hesitation. At this point you're getting back more than what you gave up (because the Jets pick will be a high one). It's a no brainer really. 

Dillard has played well the last few games but he's not been outstanding. 

With the way the eagles offensive linemen miss so many game, NO, I would not trade any of them.......and nobody is giving you a 1st or even a 2nd.....LMAO at anybody even dreaming the Jets give you their 1st for anybody on the roster.  That pick will be a top 5......

3 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

With the way the eagles offensive linemen miss so many game, NO, I would not trade any of them.......and nobody is giving you a 1st or even a 2nd.....LMAO at anybody even dreaming the Jets give you their 1st for anybody on the roster.  That pick will be a top 5......

The point was not to present you with the most realistic scenario, but to find out how high people here are on him now.

So, what would it take for you to part ways?

3 minutes ago, Infam said:

The point was not to present you with the most realistic scenario, but to find out how high people here are on him now.

So, what would it take for you to part ways?

Ok, right now, if the jets called with that offer, obviously yes.

Any first round pick would have to be considered but that scenario is so far fetched its hard to even type it.....

However, if Roseman thinks this year is a lost cause, then he may take anything under a 4th......

6 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Who plays RT if Dillard is traded?

Obviously trading him right now would hurt the team. That said Driscoll has shown he can play there.

Question is at what point would a future pick be worth it. There has to be a line where you‘d just do it I‘d think..

5 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

Ok, right now, if the jets called with that offer, obviously yes.

Any first round pick would have to be considered but that scenario is so far fetched its hard to even type it.....

However, if Roseman thinks this year is a lost cause, then he may take anything under a 4th......

I think you underestimate the value of a LT in the NFL. Even one with just a few good starts.

1 hour ago, Infam said:

Say, you are the GM of the Eagles, and the Jets call you and offer their first. But it has to be done right now.. is it a yes or a no for you?

That's a no brainer deal so yes, but Dillard would never get that much value. 

Wait until the season is over.  There will be more data to know if he is good enough.  Also, Johnson is out and the back-up OTs are unproven, and injury is always an issue.  Keep him on the roster for now for future considerations.

8 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

Wait until the season is over.  There will be more data to know if he is good enough.  Also, Johnson is out and the back-up OTs are unproven, and injury is always an issue.  Keep him on the roster for now for future considerations.

That wasn't the offer though. First round pick right now, yes or no. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Who plays RT if Dillard is traded?

Driscoll played fairly well when he got play time there.  

They could also turn to Le'Raven Clark.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That wasn't the offer though. First round pick right now, yes or no. 

Technically there was no offer at all it's made up 😁

• Like 1

Unless he shows he can learn to play RT then yes.

We have already invested in the better LT on the team.  Moving Mailata to RT where isn't any good kinda wastes his talent.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Unless he shows he can learn to play RT then yes.

We have already invested in the better LT on the team.  Moving Mailata to RT where isn't any good kinda wastes his talent.  

„isn‘t any good" is too harsh!

Isn‘t as good as he is at LT I‘d agree with.

I'm not even considering trading him without getting the Jets pick or higher.  With the way our OLine goes down, we need him AND he has been very solid so far.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I'm not even considering trading him without getting the Jets pick or higher.  With the way our OLine goes down, we need him AND he has been very solid so far.

Imagine potentially having 4 1st round picks in the top 10. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Portyansky said:

Imagine potentially having 4 1st round picks in the top 10. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Imagine what Howie couldn't do with all those picks.....

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Imagine what Howie couldn't do with all those picks.....

Trade back on all 4. Gain 12 extra picks. Hit on one, who then can't stay healthy.

1 minute ago, Portyansky said:

Trade back on all 4. Gain 12 extra picks. Hit on one, who then can't stay healthy.

The Eagle Way

I think Dillard has been ludicrously victimised. Mostly by the full of rubbish Eagles media. The way they made him out to be a bust when to be honest he has always been a decent LT with injuries who just wasn't quite as good as Mailata.

But the answer is yes. If you were offered a first you take it. But otherwise he is a good LT who could be very good. I'm not taking a second at this point. 

• Like 1