Would you trade Dillard?

Infam

He is a capable nfl left tackle who can be a solid back-up and maybe even a legitimate starter and he’s still on his rookie contract. You rarely get guys like that outside the first round. He’s worth a 2nd rounder and would likely net a 3rd or 4th round comp pick when he gets to FA but I wouldn't trade him for less than a conditional 2nd as he is great depth at a key position. 

I’d keep him unless we can fleece a team.

On 10/14/2021 at 6:59 PM, xxeaglesfanxx said:

I mean if he’s turned it around it’s hard to trade him. But has he turned it around or is it just a few week resurgence? If the Jets called and offered a first it would be hard to say no. It will likely be a top 5 pick and they’d possibly have four in the first. It’s not happening though so let’s just be hopeful that he’s straightened things out.

He has been playing good right now so I say no.

On 10/14/2021 at 3:32 PM, Alpha_TATEr said:

take the 6th rounder and be happy

For a LT that has proven to be reasonably competent? Jets' first probably but much less? No.

On 10/14/2021 at 5:07 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

Unless he shows he can learn to play RT then yes.

We have already invested in the better LT on the team.  Moving Mailata to RT where isn't any good kinda wastes his talent.  

I've read where Stoutland is working with Dillard learning R. Tackle. It might depend on his progress there.

8 hours ago, eglz1 said:

For a LT that has proven to be reasonably competent? Jets' first probably but much less? No.

Against the Bucs the ball was hiked and Dillard didn’t even get out his stance. Reasonably competent is a stretch for Dillard. 

41 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Against the Bucs the ball was hiked and Dillard didn’t even get out his stance. Reasonably competent is a stretch for Dillard. 

You're aware, I hope, that when the center snaps the ball and the rest of the offensive linemen don't move, it's the fault of the center rather than the other linemen. Right?

Last thing this team can afford is offloading decent players from a unit that always has season altering injuries. 

20 hours ago, eglz1 said:

we have a different idea of what reasonably competent means. either way, let me get this clear, you think the eagles can get a high draft pick for dillard ? 

Just now, Alpha_TATEr said:

we have a different idea of what reasonably competent means. either way, let me get this clear, you think the eagles can get a 1st rounder for dillard ? 

I doubt the Eagles would get a 1st rounder for Dillard. Given the injury history of the OL I'm not sure trading him would be a good idea unless a desperate team will overpay.

• Like 1

Just now, eglz1 said:

I doubt the Eagles would get a 1st rounder for Dillard. Given the injury history of the OL I'm not sure trading him would be a good idea unless a desperate team will overpay.

true, this line once again fell apart very quickly with injury. 

No. You don't trade him until the last year of his contract. Who knows what this offensive line looks like by that time. Maybe he earns a starting spot and transitions to either G or RT. I know they've tried it and it was ugly but he was a rookie and learning multiple positions. Stoutland is the GOAT

19 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

You're aware, I hope, that when the center snaps the ball and the rest of the offensive linemen don't move, it's the fault of the center rather than the other linemen. Right?

He’s the only offensive lineman who didn’t move. 😂🤣😂 You are aware that he’s also had multiple penalties for blocking downfield too right? It’s not Kelce’s fault he can’t stay focused.