Would you trade Dillard?

Infam

I mean if he’s turned it around it’s hard to trade him. But has he turned it around or is it just a few week resurgence? If the Jets called and offered a first it would be hard to say no. It will likely be a top 5 pick and they’d possibly have four in the first. It’s not happening though so let’s just be hopeful that he’s straightened things out.

Unless we're getting a 1st rounder for him (which we arent) then I'd say let's ride with him and Mailata for this lost season and see what we have. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

That's a no brainer deal so yes, but Dillard would never get that much value. 

I'm not sure how you figure. Each week, he is proving to be a capable starting LT in this league. After this season, he still has 1 more year and an option year on his rookie contract. He was drafted in the 1st round of a draft he was also graded as a 1st rounder in. While I doubt teams want to offer a high 1st round pick, if he continues to play like he's playing there will be some interest from teams willing to part with a late 1st or a couple picks.

The Eagles are still committed to Lane Johnson being the RT for a couple more seasons (regardless of the uncertainty surrounding this personal matter) and have Driscoll and Dickerson that can fill in at RT at any time. So, IMO, Dillard is expendable and if the opportunity arrives to get back our draft investment in him, we should take it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

The Jets first? Umm, yeah I'd do that.

But no I have no real plans to trade Dillard.

Yeah, the Jets first could be 1/1.  There are very few Eagles  I wouldn't trade for a 1/1.

Otherwise,  it looks like he could be the starting LT until the end of the 2022 season.  Maybe.

Mailata is getting paid the big bucks and he's capable of doing a wide variety of amazing things at many positions

• Haha 1

I would trade everyone who has value.  There is no point prolonging this agony.

9 hours ago, manz2821 said:

I would trade everyone who has value.  There is no point prolonging this agony.

"We lost to the defending champs by 6, trade literally anyone with value!"

Bold strategy. 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Bold strategy. 

Well we still lost the game. Do you really think that this team can make a run in the playoffs? 

3 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Well we still lost the game. Do you really think that this team can make a run in the playoffs? 

Well our schedule does soften dramatically after this game. The only two stone-cold-lock losses on the schedule are Chargers and Cowboys. We should at least be competitive in every other game left. 10-7 or 9-8 isn't out of the question, and that might be good enough to at least have us in the hunt late in the season. That said, I was more just picking at your idea of "trading everyone with value." Just seemed like a tad bit of an overreaction to me. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Bold strategy. 

The Bucs took their foot off the gas at half time. They were on cruise control until they needed a game sealing drive near the end and then, they turned it up a little and sealed the game. The 6 point differential is a mirage.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

The Bucs took their foot off the gas at half time. They were on cruise control until they needed a game sealing drive near the end and then, they turned it up a little and sealed the game. The 6 point differential is a mirage.

Yeah, the final probably was a bit misleading. Nevertheless, we would have had a chance to win the game if we could have pulled out a stop on the final drive. Who knows what happens if we don't get the bogus unsportsmanlike call after the short gain on the first play of the Bucs last drive? The Bucs probably would have still been able to keep the ball away from us, but there's no doubt we had all the momentum at that point. That said, the point of the post was more to take issue with the idea of trading "anyone with value." Just a nutty thing to say. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Kz! said:

Yeah, the final probably was a bit misleading. Nevertheless, we would have had a chance to win the game if we could have pulled out a stop on the final drive. Who knows what happens if we don't get the bogus unsportsmanlike call after the short gain on the first play of the Bucs last drive? The Bucs probably would have still been able to keep the ball away from us, but there's no doubt we had all the momentum at that point. That said, the point of the post was more to take issue with the idea of trading "anyone with value." Just a nutty thing to say. 

The defense gave the offense a few opportunities to keep up with the BUCS but, the offense was crap once again. The defense wasn't amazing and for the most part picked apart pretty good. Even saying all that they still gave the offense a few chances when it was 1 score. 

Jets first yes. A first outside the top 10, meh. We are thin at depth in just about every position but WR. With Lane either hurt or out occasionally, its not ideal to move one of your few tackles.

I’m more on the side now that Eagles should wait to think about a trade until the off-season. Unless it’s a Day 1/Day 2 pick. I imagine if Dillard is traded in that time it’d be a conditional pick or a swapping of picks. For example if Dillard continues to play well I think a team like the Steelers would be very interested, and say if they pick at 12 and Eagles get the 1st from Indy that’s at 20, Eagles could use Dillard to trade up the 8 spots. 

But if Dillard continues to play well at LT, and Mailata starts to play well at RT. I say don’t trade at all.

I would still much rather have Mailata guarding the QBs blind side at LT, knowing that was in very safe hands...

Lane is back this week, so I hope we go back to Mailata at LT and Lane RT...that's an awesome Tackle duo! quite possibly the best Tackle duo in the league...

• Like 1

For the jets first I’ll pack his bag. 

I do think he can be a good player though. He got messed up with switching to RT and being soft, but he had the talent to be a good LT. 

22 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

For the jets first I’ll pack his bag. 

I do think he can be a good player though. He got messed up with switching to RT and being soft, but he had the talent to be a good LT. 

I'd do it but I'd say to the Jets, Dillard for your 2023 1st round pick......we already have 3 this year, go for 2 the following year!  Also because it's 2 years out, maybe the Jets are like...yeah!  #Pipedream

5 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

I'd do it but I'd say to the Jets, Dillard for your 2023 1st round pick......we already have 3 this year, go for 2 the following year!  Also because it's 2 years out, maybe the Jets are like...yeah!  #Pipedream

It’s the Jets. We could probably trade Dillard to them for this years first then trade that same pick back to them for multiple picks this year and next. 

I would trade pretty much anybody on the team for the Jets 1st round pick. 

How did the effing Jets first round pick even get brought up in this discussion? Dillard isn't snagging anyone's 2nd round pick much less a high first. :lol: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kz! said:

How did the effing Jets first round pick even get brought up in this discussion? Dillard isn't snagging anyone's 2nd round pick much less a high first. :lol: 

Just a bunch of made up scenarios that people are now arguing over. You know the usual