Where does the blame mostly go for the Eagles struggles?

wrestlevessel

18 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

I am trying to figure out what is wrong with the Eagles. They played a lot worse than the score indicated last night.

Is Hurts really that bad? Is it a bad offensive line? Is Siriani a jobber as head coach? It is hard to tell.

This is the kind of thing that happens when a large percentage of your cap is taken up by a player who's not here, when you've got a lot of aging veterans that you haven't been able to replace, and when you've got a young QB and head coach. 

3 minutes ago, wyote said:

This is the kind of thing that happens when a large percentage of your cap is taken up by a player who's not here, when you've got a lot of aging veterans that you haven't been able to replace, and when you've got a young QB and head coach. 

Sirianni refusing to run the ball is a complete head scratcher.  It’s puts so much more pressure on that young QB who appears to be regressing as the season progresses rather than getting better.  Fix the play calling and hope it leads to a turnaround for Hurts and things wouldn’t be looking so bleak.  

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It matters if we as fans stop filling his pockets by going to games knowing this crappy style of football and drafting can’t win in the NFL. Knowing this clown he probably just moves the team though. 

They just got rid of the only damn player I liked even though it was the right move and I'm all for it. In honor of Ertz I bought his jersey lol. So there goes that theory lmao. 

Lurie is mostly to blame. He, Howie and the Analytics Department are controlling everything. Even if we fire Nick and the coaches, they will replace him with another puppet.   There's a reason why more in demand candidates are not interested in the Eagles HC jobs.  Nick is making the same kind of decisions that Doug made last year and I don't think that is a coincidence.  Going for 2 when trailing by 8 is something that I have not seen other teams do. Also, going shotgun in short yardage is the same crap we have seen last year. Going for a FG when down by 14 against the best QB of all time is another head scratcher.   It reeks of "we are smarter than everyone else" which is FO ego.  Howie and Doug got away with winning a SB with a puppet coach. So, now they feel that they have the midas touch and can repeat it and it looks like they have given the analytics guys more power the past few years with all the dumb 4th down decisions and questionable going for 2 moves.  I thought it was all on Doug last year.  Now it is obvious who is influencing on the field decisions.

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They just got rid of the only damn player I liked even though it was the right move and I'm all for it. In honor of Ertz I bought his jersey lol. So there goes that theory lmao. 

I hope they find a way to move more players. Go full rebuild. Of course the key is to actually draft talent regardless. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I hope they find a way to move more players. Go full rebuild. Of course the key is to actually draft talent regardless. 

They won't they don't have the patience and they are all morons 

10 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They won't they don't have the patience and they are all morons 

It doesn’t look good. All I can state is at the beginning of 2017 no one really knew what that team was. Maybe we get lighting in a bottle again or something. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

It doesn’t look good. All I can state is at the beginning of 2017 no one really knew what that team was. Maybe we get lighting in a bottle again or something. 

Hopefully it electrocutes the whole front office instead of going in a bottle 

• Haha 1

Currently coaching/play calling on both sides of the ball. But started with Lurie/Roseman for hiring these numbnuts.

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I had them at 7 wins and I still think they can pull that off. 

If you only replaced CAN with COULD...I would agree with you. However given Suspect coaching... I am expecting them to win 4, but previously ..prior to Kansas City game, I was hoping for 7-8 too. Every team on the schedule is not a pushover. 

• Like 1

Starts at the top.  Very easy for Batman and Robin to remind the coaches to run the ball and give Hurts some help.  He desperately needs it.  After Doug, thought Batman wanted a coach that would commit to the run and stick with iit.  Our largely backup line is doing a pretty good job too.  

This is Jeffrey Lurie's team and he can do what he wants with it. If he wants a bottom dwelling throw it all day team then that's what he shall have, because that's what he has now. If he wants more Lombardi Trophies, then he must let Howie go and hire a true GM who can build the best talent evaluation team in the league. That'll take a few years but it is still step 1.

I'm not certain Jeffrey Lurie wants more Lombardi Trophies. I think he wants to play a game with his son as they try to drive a franchise on analytics only.  What a childish mistake. Then again, that's what we should expect from Jeffrey Lurie who to his credit loves his family, and as an act of supreme folly he exalts analytics above all else.

He disregards proven concepts like human will even after seeing it in action as his crippled Eagles beat the Pats in SB52 through sheer determination and yes, will. Probabilistic calculations are an exercise in "maybe" and nothing more. I hope he accepts that fact soon and changes how this team builds and operates. If not, well, they'll stink for a long time because he's not going anywhere.

Playing hard teams instead of easy teams.  The Buccaneers, Chiefs and Cowboys in Dallas are too hard to beat, and those are 3 out of 6 games that are 3 of the 4 toughest games.  Of the 4 toughest games on the schedule - Buccaneers, Chiefs, Cowboys in Dallas, Chargers,  3 are over with, and they're all losses,  3 of the 4 losses came to 3 of the 4 toughest teams on the schedule.  Chargers will be a tough game,   Cowboys in Philly is the 5th toughest game.  Then,  a whole bunch of winnable games.

Jets and Lions - the Eagles have to be favored there.
Giants x2,  Redskins x2.   The Eagles look like the 2nd best team in the NFC East.  If we give the Cowboys a win because they're overall better and you don't want to give the Eagles any home field advantage,  you should give the Eagles 4 wins there.

That's 6 wins on top of the 2 losses.

8-6.

3 other games.

Broncos Raiders Saints.

The Broncos have 3 wins - over the Jets, Giants and Jaguars.  They're better than the worst teams.  Held to 7 by the Ravens.  I'll go Eagles here. It seems like the Raiders will collapse because of the Gruden thing.  Eagles.   Saints.  usually good. New QB. Drew Brees was very good.   I'll go with ?????   Last year the Eagles beat the Saints. 

I see 10-6 here plus a ? for the Saints game. 

Now some of those winnable games could turn out to be losses, but at this point, each of those games the Eagles should win.

19 hours ago, time2rock said:

Sirianni refusing to run the ball is a complete head scratcher.  It’s puts so much more pressure on that young QB who appears to be regressing as the season progresses rather than getting better.  Fix the play calling and hope it leads to a turnaround for Hurts and things wouldn’t be looking so bleak.  

I don't understand it at all, but I am going to withhold judgment for a while. With the current league rules, something like a 15-85 run-pass ratio might actually be optimal, especially for a team with a dual-threat QB. I don't say this because I like it -- my heart is with the "establish the run" geezers -- but the world doesn't always work the way I want it to.  

I also suspect we don't have enough talent at receiver to make it work. It's possible that we currently only have one above-average receiver on the roster (and he's a rookie), probably only two guys that would see significant playing time on a competitive team, and only three that would even be on most teams' active rosters. The QB is still inexperienced in the NFL, and the scheme is new to a lot of the guys playing around him. Maybe even the greatest offensive minds in the game today couldn't do much with this situation. Not to say that it will get better, just that at best there are many problems besides the run-pass ratio.