Where does the blame mostly go for the Eagles struggles?

wrestlevessel

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s a "collaborative effort” that has the Eagles the laughingstock of the NFL right now.

That's what he said accept he decided to list them all lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

@EazyEaglez does knowing who to blame going to change anything? Nope, so who cares especially when the main reason owns the team 

It matters if we as fans stop filling his pockets by going to games knowing this crappy style of football and drafting can’t win in the NFL. Knowing this clown he probably just moves the team though. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

It matters if we as fans stop filling his pockets by going to games knowing this crappy style of football and drafting can’t win in the NFL. Knowing this clown he probably just moves the team though. 

Fans won't stop doing that so still nope. The all mighty eagles message board accounts for 0000000.1% of eagles fans that might not still go to games lol

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's what he said accept he decided to list them all lol

Funny thing is does anyone really believe if Wentz were quarterback right now the Eagles would be more than 2-4? Nope, but they would blame everyone but the quarterback for the problems. There is no one place to put this blame other than the owner and Howie, but they have it set up so well that people want to lay the blame at the easiest movable pieces. The coaches and the quarterback. 

I blame the suckers who said they would be happy to suffer with bad football for the rest of their lives for one Super Bowl. Your deal with the devil cursed us all! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Fans won't stop doing that so still nope. The all mighty eagles message board accounts for 0000000.1% of eagles fans that might not still go to games lol

It’s happened before though. There was a time when Eagles football was constantly blacked out. Their only saving grace right now is that all the other teams suck too. 😂

28 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s a "collaborative effort” that has the Eagles the laughingstock of the NFL right now.

Agreed. As it has been the last year or so. And look some deserve a greater portion of blame than others but its still bad and everyone deserves some form of blame. 

Everyone knew that the Eagles would struggle. They knew they had a killer start to the season. They knew that this was a rebuilding year. They knew that with a young inexperienced coaching staff and a project QB that was not even named starter until 5 days before the season started, that there would be a lot of issues.

What did anyone really expect here? This team looks almost exactly like what most people predicated they would look like, with the exception that they don't run the ball.

I think the blame lies on those that actually thought this team was going to be anything more then what it is.

51 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s happened before though. There was a time when Eagles football was constantly blacked out. Their only saving grace right now is that all the other teams suck too. 😂

That hasn't been a thing since the 90's they are one of the most winningest franchises in the NFL the last 20 yrs those days are over

55 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Funny thing is does anyone really believe if Wentz were quarterback right now the Eagles would be more than 2-4? Nope, but they would blame everyone but the quarterback for the problems. There is no one place to put this blame other than the owner and Howie, but they have it set up so well that people want to lay the blame at the easiest movable pieces. The coaches and the quarterback. 

Who cares about Wentz this team sucks with any QB. A lot of people think just changing the HC and the QB again will fix it 

combination of things , the wentz debacle set the team back , aging vets , bad draft picks and contracts , coaching turnover , the FO and owner getting to cocky after the superbowl and not knowing the team needed to get younger right away.  the failure to know this team has needed BACKERS for 5 years and not addressing it. these things are hard to overcome when done at the same time. LOL

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

They’d be 1-4 going into this week, so no mathematically 2-4 would their best. And that’s with a superior Colts roster and better coach. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Who cares about Wentz this team sucks with any QB. A lot of people think just changing the HC and the QB again will fix it 

Of course they do - people are reactionary by nature. That is also why so many of them would be failures if they were in charge. Every bad game or bad weeks, then all of the sudden everyone is on the hot seat and needs to be fired. That is a great way to make sure that no head coach ever wants to coach for you and FA's don't want to sign with you to play.

This team sucks and unfortunately that was the plan. This year was a throw away year whether people want to believe that or not. It is about learning and growth and taking your lumps. I really thought they would start the year 1-6 and they are 2-4. If they can pull out a win next week against LV, which is now possible with what that team is going through, they may end up at 3-4 and that is not bad to start the year even with how ugly it has looked.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

They’d be 1-4 going into this week, so no mathematically 2-4 would their best. And that’s with a superior Colts roster and better coach. 

That’s my point. The Eagles have a lot of issues but it mostly starts up in the front office. Until the necessary changes are made there none of this stuff will matter. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NOTW said:

Lurie & Roseman. They don't know what they're doing. 

But until they figure that out .......... and that is not going to be a pleasant or easy conclusion for them to reach.

Well, I don't know what the general consensus is on firing Doug, but I didn't think it was the right time to do it. Yes, we had a horrible season in 2020. It happens. He won us our first ever Super Bowl. Give him one more year to see if he'll turn it around in 2021. If not, then maybe start looking for a replacement.

But that's just me, I never wanted them to 'pull the trigger' when it's actually been pulled. I didn't want them to trade McNabb when they did, I didn't want them to fire Andy when they did and I didn't want them to fire Doug when they did. I'll also throw Carson in there, I didn't want to see him traded when he was traded. If we get a 1st round pick out of it and that can be turned into a better franchise QB, then I reserve the right to come back and edit this post... 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That hasn't been a thing since the 90's they are one of the most winningest franchises in the NFL the last 20 yrs those days are over

That’s my point. Why are we whining about quarterbacks right now? We have an inexperienced coach and quarterback who have been given inexperienced and suspect weapons to go with an often injured offensive line. Did anyone think this would be a 10-12 win team? 😂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Wentz :ph34r:

Well if he were here instead of whining his way out of town all of the fanboys could at least be united in blaming everyone else but the quarterback again. :whistle:

Skipping to the on-the-field product, Steve Smith called this team out brutally and perfectly: the scheme is barely fit for a high school and our lack of run commitment is mind-boggling.   That rests squarely with the coach.

Going to the FO perspective, hiring an inexperienced coach is one thing, but if you’re gonna meddle in his operation, at least compel him to get experienced coordinators to keep himself in check and operate adaptive schemes.  That clearly didn’t happen.

18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

That’s my point. Why are we whining about quarterbacks right now? We have an inexperienced coach and quarterback who have been given inexperienced and suspect weapons to go with an often injured offensive line. Did anyone think this would be a 10-12 win team? 😂

I had them at 7 wins and I still think they can pull that off. 

17 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

7 is doable. I’d rather 2-15 to 4-13. Let’s try and get three top 10 picks. Even Howie can’t go 0 for 3 in the Top 10…right? :unsure:

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

7 is doable. I’d rather 2-15 to 4-13. Let’s try and get three top 10 picks. Even Howie can’t go 0 for 3 in the Top 10…right? :unsure:

Lol I rather not think about it. I don't want them tanking games on purpose. I don't want them breeding losing with all the young guys on the team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

7 might still be a lot for a team that won 4 games last year. It’s doable, because the second part of the schedule is much easier. 

41 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lol I rather not think about it. I don't want them tanking games on purpose. I don't want them breeding losing with all the young guys on the team. 

I don’t think they need to tank games. They have been playing teams that are better than they are. It feels like when the competition level is similar they are in those games. 

• Like 1