Eagles Mock draft 10-25-2021

Ray75

Let the hurt stop, please! The Eagles are unbearable to watch. Only silver lining is our draft position. Go Miami! Don’t think it’ll happen but Sirianni could be one and done if he keeps it up.

Maybe the Eagles should flat out hand the job to Todd Bowles this time around if they show Sirianni the door instead of giving it to an up and comer with no HC experience. Maybe it’s just growing pains in combination with a lack of talent... We’ll see...

As for Howie? Get used to him being around here! He’s going nowhere! 

I want to believe so bad that Hurts is our QB of the future but every week I see practically the same. There’s no progression whatsoever. Let’s face it; the kid’s got heart I’ll give him that but simply doesn’t have a few particular traits a franchise QB definitely needs to have IMO. A set of great eyes, a blind trust in the guys around him to get open, standing in the pocket and going through your progressions etc etc. I’m rooting for the kid but these traits just don’t come natural to him and will not come overnight, maybe never... 

Well...trade deadline is approaching. Should be sellers, right?!

- Andre Dillard to the Pittsburgh Steelers for a 3rd? Why not?

- Gardner Minchew to the Broncos for a 5th? Sure...

No FA, no offseason. I’m not there yet but I do know this team needs a serious talent infusion. Their core is damaged beyond repair because some of these former building  blocks are not what they used to be. Only natural, comes with age. The problem is that we don’t have a new foundation in place to take over the mantle.

Let’s work on that in a 3 round mock!

Trade alert!

Jags offer us a 2nd and change to trade up from 5 to 2 to get their LT of the future in Evan Neal.

Lions won’t pass on Thibodeaux and I can’t see Howie taking a safety that high.

5) Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan;

No change here. Most dire need is still edge but this time I got tempted to take Karlaftis over Hutch a little but sticked with the Michigan product.

6) Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida;

Eagles take the best DB left on the board.

18) Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitts;

Almost at the halfway point, we likely agree Hurts is not the guy. Wether Sirianni sticks or is one and done, this team will be looking for their next franchise QB. Pickett’s trajectory reminds me of Burrow’s. He could be the No.1 QB who emerges in this below average class. Still believe 6th overall is a bit high for him but it is what it is. If they fall in love with a QB, they have to take him. Even if they have to overdraft him a little.

37) Brandon Joseph, S, Northwestern;

Time to invest in the safety and LB position! Daxton Hill would be a good choice here if Joseph is off the board.

38) Brandon Smith, LB, Penn State;

Was looking to take Devin Lloyd here but my guess is he might sneak into the first round so I took the next best thing at LB.

72) Zion Johnson, OG, Bosten College;

Young reinforcement for the interior of our OL.

78) Alex Pierce, WR, Cincinnati;

Eagles add a bigger outside receiver to their core.

• Like 2

Man oh man am I feeling the pain today. This team sucks. This franchise is a mess right now and there's very little to feel positive about.

Howie is going nowhere and that's the biggest crime to all of this. Somehow the guy who's compiled this utter ish pile of a roster will remain in charge to oversee the rebuild. Its pathetic. 

Anyway, look I like a lot of this draft. I'm still not in on Pickett but perhaps I need to watch more. But I do like going heavy on defense.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Man oh man am I feeling the pain today. This team sucks. This franchise is a mess right now and there's very little to feel positive about.

Howie is going nowhere and that's the biggest crime to all of this. Somehow the guy who's compiled this utter ish pile of a roster will remain in charge to oversee the rebuild. Its pathetic. 

Anyway, look I like a lot of this draft. I'm still not in on Pickett but perhaps I need to watch more. But I do like going heavy on defense.

We did go offense back to back in april so now it’s time to get some building blocks for your defense IMO.

Even if you keep BG around, you don’t have a lot at edge. No doubt in my mind Eagles take one maybe even two in this class. It’s their bread and butter and the cup is almost empty.

Same for CB, S and LB. They have to address it in next years draft.

As for the QB; yep, on the surface this isn’t an exciting class but did anyone expect Watson, Mahomes, Rodgers to become that good? Has any of the QB’s taken in the top 15 in april convinced you yet? How about Wentz and Goff taken No.1 and 2? Jackson at No.32? Draft is a crapshoot especially at QB. Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise if we can take one with one of our 3 top 20 picks and use the other two to get premium talent at other positions.

Could be a franchise altering draft!

21 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I really don't see anything elite or special there. A good QB? Sure. But nothing special. 

When was the last time you saw something speciaal in a QB?!

Personally I hardly get excited by watching QB’s but I’m looking closely at traits who could translate well. I like Pickett in that aspect. 

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

When was the last time you saw something speciaal in a QB?!

Personally I hardly get excited by watching QB’s but I’m looking closely at traits who could translate well. I like Pickett in that aspect. 

I watched the Burrows highlights at the time and that was really damn fun. I may have been hesitant about him being a one year wonder but good god the passes he was throwing all year... 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I watched the Burrows highlights at the time and that was really damn fun. I may have been hesitant about him being a one year wonder but good god the passes he was throwing all year... 

Well...you do know Pickett’s numbers are pretty identical without having a Jefferson and Chase to throw to?

The stats before the Clemson game last sunday;

Joe Burrow, 2019

79.6%

Kenny Pickett, 2021 69.8% 9.4 21 1 3

Back to your answer; you loved Burrow’s but you don’t like Pickett’s tape/highlights?

This kid is putting up identical stats without having elite receivers like Jefferson and Chase running around and you say you don’t like him. I don’t get that...

The overall feeling that this class ain’t good has clouded your vision I fear. It’s still not great but the stats these kids are putting up ain’t half as bad as people make you believe they are.

4 hours ago, Ray75 said:

This kid is putting up identical stats without having elite receivers like Jefferson and Chase running around and you say you don’t like him. I don’t get that...

Stats are one thing, what you see with the eyes can be very different. I don't see a QB that's anything like Burrow. I don't think he's as athletic and I don't think his arm is as good. And the stats show he's not as accurate and I don't think his deep ball is anywhere near as good.

Like I said he looks like a good young QB but I just don't see a great young QB. I'm allowed to have an opinion on that. I may very well be wrong but guess what? I may also be right. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Stats are one thing, what you see with the eyes can be very different. I don't see a QB that's anything like Burrow. I don't think he's as athletic and I don't think his arm is as good. And the stats show he's not as accurate and I don't think his deep ball is anywhere near as good.

Like I said he looks like a good young QB but I just don't see a great young QB. I'm allowed to have an opinion on that. I may very well be wrong but guess what? I may also be right. 

I can’t believe what I’m hearing! You clearly are not paying attention nor have you taken a good look at Pickett.

Kenny has taken the same next step as Burrow, posting similar stats with lesser receivers, athletically is no slouch running for 3 TD’s and showing good escapability in the pocket extending plays, cut down on INT’s tremendously from last year throwing just one pick and 21 TD’s in the same time span as your boy Burrow etc etc.

In a lot of ways he is exactly the Joe Burrow of this class and you still don’t like it. Is he as good as Burrow coming out? Probably not but it’s closer than you think. Don’t be surprised if he goes higher than you expect. Teams might like him more than the average fan, you know. 

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

In a lot of ways he is exactly the Joe Burrow of this class and you still don’t like it. Is he as good as Burrow coming out? Probably not but it’s closer than you think. Don’t be surprised if he goes higher than you expect. Teams might like him more than the average fan, you know. 

In my opinion I do not see a Joe Burrow type QB. I don't see a QB who throws as accurate a pass. Like I said I see a good QB but I don't see an elite QB. That's my opinion based on what I've seen. I'm not saying he's a bad QB I'm just saying I do not see a Joe Burrow QB. I'm not sure why I'm not entitled to that opinion.

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

In my opinion I do not see a Joe Burrow type QB. I don't see a QB who throws as accurate a pass. Like I said I see a good QB but I don't see an elite QB. That's my opinion based on what I've seen. I'm not saying he's a bad QB I'm just saying I do not see a Joe Burrow QB. I'm not sure why I'm not entitled to that opinion.

The stats speak otherwise. So it’s not about your or my opinion, it’s about hard data. 

You can have an opinion after watching tape of how he got to those stats. Mechanics, accuracy, touch, feet etc but the output is pretty similar to the one Burrow had in 2019.

So do with it what you want. I see a kid that has the tools and character to become a succesful starter in the NFL in the mold of Derek Carr. You see something else but the stats are the stats and you can’t argue about those because it’s hard evidence.

10 hours ago, Ray75 said:

The stats speak otherwise. So it’s not about your or my opinion, it’s about hard data. 

You can have an opinion after watching tape of how he got to those stats. Mechanics, accuracy, touch, feet etc but the output is pretty similar to the one Burrow had in 2019.

So your going to base it purely on stats? And not base it on the eye test?

40 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So your going to base it purely on stats? And not base it on the eye test?

Nope!

All I’m saying is that you should look at every aspects before you judge a prospect.

You don’t like the tape! Fine! You liked Burrow coming out though but he posted similar stats in his last year at LSU. Tell me, my friend, what exactly did you like about Burrow’s tape more? Specifics please!

Most don’t like the class and that’s a fair point but that doesn’t mean the top QB prospects are all crap. Some of these kids will fly up the board and some will eventually become quality starters in the NFL.

Eagles are likely in the market so you better do your homework instead of constantly saying you dislike Willis, Pickett, Corral etc.

One of these kids might just become the next Eagles franchise QB if Hurts doesn’t pan out and they don’t trade for a vet. Wether you like it or not... 

51 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

You don’t like the tape! Fine! You liked Burrow coming out though but he posted similar stats in his last year at LSU. Tell me, my friend, what exactly did you like about Burrow’s tape more? Specifics please!

I watched Burrow, I've watched some (though ill admit not a ton) of Pickett. And I'm saying he doesn't have the same touch the same deep ball placement and the same arm as Burrow. You can point stats at me all you want but that's what I'm seeing. 

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I watched Burrow, I've watched some (though ill admit not a ton) of Pickett. And I'm saying he doesn't have the same touch the same deep ball placement and the same arm as Burrow. You can point stats at me all you want but that's what I'm seeing. 

You’re completely missing the point but hey, some other time, okay?!

4 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

You’re completely missing the point but hey, some other time, okay?!

I'm not missing the point. I've told you why I don't see any resemblance of Burrow. You don't like that because I don't agree with your view.

Do I think there's a chance the Eagles take a QB this year? Of course I do. Any fan can see there's a good chance of it. Does that mean I have to accept it? I guess so yeah, it's likely to happen and I'm not going to change the team I follow. But do I have to like it? No. Do I have to just suddenly say "oh yeah Pickett looks great'? No. I think he's good, I think he's going to be an OK nfl QB. I don't think he's going to be great. I don't think he's going to be anywhere near Burrow.

Throw all the stats you want at me. I don't see any resemblance.

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not missing the point. I've told you why I don't see any resemblance of Burrow. You don't like that because I don't agree with your view.

Do I think there's a chance the Eagles take a QB this year? Of course I do. Any fan can see there's a good chance of it. Does that mean I have to accept it? I guess so yeah, it's likely to happen and I'm not going to change the team I follow. But do I have to like it? No. Do I have to just suddenly say "oh yeah Pickett looks great'? No. I think he's good, I think he's going to be an OK nfl QB. I don't think he's going to be great. I don't think he's going to be anywhere near Burrow.

Throw all the stats you want at me. I don't see any resemblance.

Always so negative, so stubborn, so black and white / no grey. Why man?!

The resemblance is in the trajectory, the steps he’s taken, the stats, not the player in and of itself.

No QB is worthy of a top 10, maybe not even a top 20 pick. It’s not a good group. Is it 2013 bad (E.J. Manuel and Geno Smith)? No, I don’t think so. It’s pretty mediocre with no one distinguishing himself from the pack.

Still...there are a couple of traits I like about either Corral, Ridder, Pickett, Strong and Willis. Do I think they’re better than Hurts from the get go. No, I don’t but some of these kids have traits Jalen simply does not have. Traits that make them a better fit for what a guy like Sirianni (or many NFL HC’s for that matter) wants to do on offense.

Would I use one of my 3 first round picks on a QB? Depends who’s on the board with my last first round pick I hope to receive from the Colts in that 18 to 25 range, I guess...

Do I think there is a big chance the Eagles fall in love with one of the QB’s in this class? Yes, I do! So I’m taking my time to get to know the prospects and so should you with an open mind and less negativity. Focus on the things you like, not the things you don’t for a change. Makes life easier, you know?!

That’s all I’m saying...

4 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Always so negative, so stubborn, so black and white / no grey. Why man?!

Why is it being negative to say that I think he's a good QB but I don't think he's going to be elite? I don't know why that's negative I really don't.

You've said yourself that you don't think any of these QBs are worthy of a top 10 pick. You've said yourself you don't think any are instantly better than Hurts. I mean that in itself is a red flag given how bad hurts had been overall this year. Ok I get they will be rookies and I get you think they have traits that Hurts doesn't but still. 

4 hours ago, Ray75 said:

The resemblance is in the trajectory, the steps he’s taken, the stats, not the player in and of itself.

Right so his stats are similar and so is his trajectory. But guess what? That kind of trajectory is actually usually a bit of a flag! People were concerned about Burrow as he almost came from nowhere and had 1 huge year before he was drafted. 

46 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Why is it being negative to say that I think he's a good QB but I don't think he's going to be elite? I don't know why that's negative I really don't.

You've said yourself that you don't think any of these QBs are worthy of a top 10 pick. You've said yourself you don't think any are instantly better than Hurts. I mean that in itself is a red flag given how bad hurts had been overall this year. Ok I get they will be rookies and I get you think they have traits that Hurts doesn't but still. 

Right so his stats are similar and so is his trajectory. But guess what? That kind of trajectory is actually usually a bit of a flag! People were concerned about Burrow as he almost came from nowhere and had 1 huge year before he was drafted. 

And still you like Burrow. Is that because he panned out in Cincy or because he took the next step in his final year at LSU? You’re the one calling it a bit of a red flag so I’m curious what’s your exact take on this.

My point is this; wether Sirianni is still the HC, wether he’s one and done, wether a new HC comes in, wether Lurie blows it all up by finally firing Howie Roseman, Hurts is probably not the answer and the Eagles organisation will be looking for their next franchise QB.

The question is; will they trade for one (Wilson, Rodgers), sign a vet in FA or use a draft pick on one with not 1 but 3 first round selections?

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

And still you like Burrow. Is that because he panned out in Cincy or because he took the next step in his final year at LSU? You’re the one calling it a bit of a red flag so I’m curious what’s your exact take on this.

What? I liked what I saw on Burrow his last year at LSU and yes it had worked out for him at Cincy and he's shown that he's a real nfl QB. That doesn't mean the red flag was wrong at the time. That doesn't mean Pickett will work out because Burrow did. It also doesn't mean it won't work out. 

46 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What? I liked what I saw on Burrow his last year at LSU and yes it had worked out for him at Cincy and he's shown that he's a real nfl QB. That doesn't mean the red flag was wrong at the time. That doesn't mean Pickett will work out because Burrow did. It also doesn't mean it won't work out. 

It’s hard to get through to you, man!

It’s not about the prospect at all... It’s about an evaluation process, it’s about accepting the fact this team will be looking at for a new QB, embrassing that they might find the guy in the upcoming class, being a fan of a team through good and bad times, not being so negative all the time, younger fans are too spoiled and believe everything can get turned around in a year or so.

Buckle up! We’re in it for a bumpy ride! This thing won’t be turned around in a season. It will take years to rebuild this team. Sad but true...

5 hours ago, Ray75 said:

It’s hard to get through to you, man!

It’s not about the prospect at all... It’s about an evaluation process, it’s about accepting the fact this team will be looking at for a new QB, embrassing that they might find the guy in the upcoming class, being a fan of a team through good and bad times, not being so negative all the time, younger fans are too spoiled and believe everything can get turned around in a year or so.

Buckle up! We’re in it for a bumpy ride! This thing won’t be turned around in a season. It will take years to rebuild this team. Sad but true...

So hang on... At what point did I say that I thought things would turn around in a year or so? At what point did I say that I wasn't ready for a bumpy ride?

So because I don't necessarily think they should draft Pickett I'm being a negative fan? Because I don't think this team should draft a QB who I don't think is a long term answer? And would likely set us back even further in our rebuild. 

Got you. 

13 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So hang on... At what point did I say that I thought things would turn around in a year or so? At what point did I say that I wasn't ready for a bumpy ride?

So because I don't necessarily think they should draft Pickett I'm being a negative fan? Because I don't think this team should draft a QB who I don't think is a long term answer? And would likely set us back even further in our rebuild. 

Got you. 

No you don’t! 😂

Still enjoying that SB win and have accepted the fact we’ve entered the dark ages with this team. The darker it gets, the sooner Howie gets fired.

2 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

No you don’t! 😂

Still enjoying that SB win and have accepted the fact we’ve entered the dark ages with this team. The darker it gets, the sooner Howie gets fired.

No I know I don't. It was sarcastic bud because your arguments make no sense here. 

Yes I'm still enjoying that SB win. And yes I've accepted that we are bad. Does that mean we have to be happy about it? I mean what are we even talking about here.