Positive things, week 7

Traveler Vic

I am talking about Commitment to the run. I am talking about seeing Boston Scott taking the field probably for the first time this season.

To me this is not just a mere RB substitution for an injured Sanders, but a change of philosophy, that was not previously working.

It may be little steps,  but steps in the right direction. Siri is learning on the job.

It will be a long season, so noticing the little positive things ..gives me some hope for the future.

28 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

It may be little steps,  but steps in the right direction. Siri is learning on the job.

It isn't learning and there's nothing impressive about it. They've neglected the run to the point that it was freaking ridiculous and what they have 10 days to prepare for the Raiders and there change is to run the ball a little more?

• Like 3

I'll give the OP credit for trying to find a particle of fresh air in a turd hurricane.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

The positive thing is we are now one week closer to the end of this turd in the punch bowl season. I'm more interested in college now to see if there is a QB worth drafting. Corral?

I don't want to rain on OP's parade.  Trying to find optimism is admirable.  But this game feels like 1 step forward 4 steps back.  Yes, they finally committed to the run and they somehow looked worse as a team.  I don't like to be negative, but there's nothing to be excited about right now. 

15 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

The positive thing is we are now one week closer to the end of this turd in the punch bowl season. I'm more interested in college now to see if there is a QB worth drafting. Corral?

I don't honestly know that any of these guys are R1 worthy.  I'd rather a mid-round pick on Strong or Pickett over any of the guys who will be getting R1 projections.  2023 is a much better QB class.

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I don't honestly know that any of these guys are R1 worthy.  I'd rather a mid-round pick on Strong or Pickett over any of the guys who will be getting R1 projections.  2023 is a much better QB class.

I don't think there are that many round one projections now that Rattler has fallen off a cliff. If he's smart he'd transfer and go back for another year. I think Corral is the only one right now. Which probably means someone will reach for him. 

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I don't think there are that many round one projections now that Rattler has fallen off a cliff. If he's smart he'd transfer and go back for another year. I think Corral is the only one right now. Which probably means someone will reach for him. 

Malik Willis and Ridder.  And Pickett may sneak in there. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It isn't learning and there's nothing impressive about it. They've neglected the run to the point that it was freaking ridiculous and what they have 10 days to prepare for the Raiders and there change is to run the ball a little more?

The defense made no changes. They have a defense full of veterans and they’re defense is basically being told to play scared. The offense for me stinks, but I can give them a little more of a pass. They have a young coach and coordinator to go with a bunch of young players and an injured offensive line. Meanwhile the defense lost one player, but mostly is a veteran group and they’re playing like a bunch of confused rookies. The defense should be keeping this team in games, but they’re the ones for me who are making quarterbacks look elite every time they play someone. On top of that teams are just running all through them like a hot knife through soft butter. I can already see when this season is over the FO will force coaching changes onto Sirianni in order for him to save his job. 

29 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I don't want to rain on OP's parade.  Trying to find optimism is admirable.  But this game feels like 1 step forward 4 steps back.  Yes, they finally committed to the run and they somehow looked worse as a team.  I don't like to be negative, but there's nothing to be excited about right now. 

They even made less penalties too. 

• Like 2

When's the last time our season for all intents and purposes was over in October?

Reagor went up and grabbed that catch like Drummond in the paint... that was okay to see. He was totally coasting out during that play though, and then the ball came his way. A few more of those, and maybe he will begin to learn the value of running every route like it matters 🙄

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Even the quarterbacks in the draft will be frustrating when you consider the same guy who drafted Hurts will be drafting one of those guys. On top of that the clueless guy who is coaching right now likely will be here at least one more season. The Eagles need a new direction. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

When's the last time our season for all intents and purposes was over in October?

Feels like it would be one year ago, although the division was so bad, we were mathematically alive with 4 wins until week 16. 

• Like 1

The only positives are that (a) the Dolphins lost, and (b) Wentz played 100% snaps for the Colts*.

Otherwise, I got nothing.

*Both positives are admittedly negated by the fact that Lurie & Roseman will be making those picks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

The defense made no changes. They have a defense full of veterans and they’re defense is basically being told to play scared

And i think the comments of McLeod and Cox probably reflects that doesn't it? They really don't seem supportive of this scheme and for good reason. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Feels like it would be one year ago, although the division was so bad, we were mathematically alive with 4 wins until week 16. 

Exactly. We've sucked for a few years now but the division was competitive. Dallass has already won it this year. 

8 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

I am talking about Commitment to the run. I am talking about seeing Boston Scott taking the field probably for the first time this season.

To me this is not just a mere RB substitution for an injured Sanders, but a change of philosophy, that was not previously working.

It will be a long season, so noticing the little positive things ..gives me some hope for the future.

Had Sanders not gotten injured than Scott would have never seen the field. 

27 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And i think the comments of McLeod and Cox probably reflects that doesn't it? They really don't seem supportive of this scheme and for good reason. 

I got shot down by some Taters when I posted a thread about Cox being upset early in the year. He KNEW he and the D weren't being used properly. Nobody listened to him. They are listening now. This D is making HISTORY..... on the negative side of the street. Neither Gannon nor Siri were good hires. Lurie and Howie have crippled the franchise. Tell you what, keep your Eagle $$ in your pocket. THAT is the only way Lurie tries to actually do the right thing.

3 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

I give Corral the thumbs up, he's very accurate and very mobile.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I give Corral the thumbs up, he's very accurate and very mobile.

The only issue I see is it will be a dog fight to get him because the QB class is horrible this year.