Positive things, week 7

Traveler Vic

47 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

The only issue I see is it will be a dog fight to get him because the QB class is horrible this year. 

Looks like we may have a top 5 pick

10 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

The best positive is the game eventually ended. 

It was not as bad as Dallas. :))

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

The only issue I see is it will be a dog fight to get him because the QB class is horrible this year. 

Good thing we have the dawg mentality

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I got shot down by some Taters when I posted a thread about Cox being upset early in the year. He KNEW he and the D weren't being used properly. Nobody listened to him. They are listening now. This D is making HISTORY..... on the negative side of the street. Neither Gannon nor Siri were good hires. Lurie and Howie have crippled the franchise. Tell you what, keep your Eagle $$ in your pocket. THAT is the only way Lurie tries to actually do the right thing.

It is no secret that for years Eagles did not draft a top Safety, or placed much value on LBs. It doesn't surprise me at all that there is little talent on defense beyond the front 4. I screamed during the draft at TV every time there was a good safety available and we went in a different direction.

48 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Looks like we may have a top 5 pick

We might have two. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I got shot down by some Taters when I posted a thread about Cox being upset early in the year. He KNEW he and the D weren't being used properly. Nobody listened to him. They are listening now. This D is making HISTORY..... on the negative side of the street. Neither Gannon nor Siri were good hires. Lurie and Howie have crippled the franchise. Tell you what, keep your Eagle $$ in your pocket. THAT is the only way Lurie tries to actually do the right thing.

Did you see the Roob stat about the Eagles allowing a certain completion %? Absolutely shocking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Traveler Vic said:

It is no secret that for years Eagles did not draft a top Safety, or placed much value on LBs. It doesn't surprise me at all that there is little talent on defense beyond the front 4. I screamed during the draft at TV every time there was a good safety available and we went in a different direction.

I am talking about Gannon not knowing what he is doing- at ALL.

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

I am talking about Gannon not knowing what he is doing- at ALL.

Without going into too much of the detail..I disagree with you. Gannon has severe limitations at Linebacker, a position that Eagles ignored. Singleton had a horrible game..he was out of position to make a tackle so many times that he was almost a liability. To make things worse Karr was nearly flawless. He exposed our entire secondary. I do not think that Gannon holds all of the responsibility. Sure I would like to see more aggressiveness, and design blitzes from him...but it does not mean that Gannon is clueless.

3 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

We might have two. 

Hopefully dumbarse has enough sense to keep all 2 or 3 picks.......no trading picks, too many holes to plug.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Traveler Vic said:

Without going into too much of the detail..I disagree with you. Gannon has severe limitations at Linebacker, a position that Eagles ignored. Singleton had a horrible game..he was out of position to make a tackle so many times that he was almost a liability. To make things worse Karr was nearly flawless. He exposed our entire secondary. I do not think that Gannon holds all of the responsibility. Sure I would like to see more aggressiveness, and design blitzes from him...but it does not mean that Gannon is clueless.

I respect your point of view, even though you are wrong. ANY D coord could do better with this group of D players than Gannon is doing.

52 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

I respect your point of view, even though you are wrong. ANY D coord could do better with this group of D players than Gannon is doing.

I can think of juan or two who might not be able to do better.

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

I am talking about Commitment to the run. I am talking about seeing Boston Scott taking the field probably for the first time this season.

To me this is not just a mere RB substitution for an injured Sanders, but a change of philosophy, that was not previously working.

It may be little steps,  but steps in the right direction. Siri is learning on the job.

It will be a long season, so noticing the little positive things ..gives me some hope for the future.

It's not hard to have hope for the future. We will get out of salary cap hell, bring in a lot of young talent, maybe go through a real head-coaching process, and maybe Hurts and some other young talent we have now will improve.  

5 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Not any, but you can't help wondering what Schwarz would have done with two corners that are decent...

2 hours ago, Infam said:

Not any, but you can't help wondering what Schwarz would have done with two corners that are decent...

Now we miss Schwartz too? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Infam said:

I don't miss his sticks defense. I am sick of seeing non attacking defenses. We now have back to back, passive defensive coordinators. Sickening. Philly used to pride itself on tough, physical, attacking defenses nobody wanted to play against. Those day are long gone.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I don't miss his sticks defense. I am sick of seeing non attacking defenses. We now have back to back, passive defensive coordinators. Sickening. Philly used to pride itself on tough, physical, attacking defenses nobody wanted to play against. Those day are long gone.

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

spacer.png

Exactly. Brings tears to my eyes. These soft a_s_s coaches need to be a thing of the past. Aren't there any DC's who admire this man and at least TRY to emulate him out there? Lurie/Howie- redeem yourselves- FIND HIM.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 5:17 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It isn't learning and there's nothing impressive about it. 

You're a hard man UK.

On 10/25/2021 at 4:48 AM, Traveler Vic said:

I am talking about Commitment to the run. I am talking about seeing Boston Scott taking the field probably for the first time this season.

To me this is not just a mere RB substitution for an injured Sanders, but a change of philosophy, that was not previously working.

It may be little steps,  but steps in the right direction. Siri is learning on the job.

It will be a long season, so noticing the little positive things ..gives me some hope for the future.

Boston Scott seeing the field is not a positive.   They did show a greater commitment to the run with Sander before his injury, but then when he got hurt, we saw that Scott couldn't do much... which is usually the case, until he matches up against New York.  He'll get two big games this year again against the Gints and maybe even a 3rd against the Jets... other than that, he'll keep being the JAG he's always been.

35 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Boston Scott seeing the field is not a positive.   They did show a greater commitment to the run with Sander before his injury, but then when he got hurt, we saw that Scott couldn't do much... which is usually the case, until he matches up against New York.  He'll get two big games this year again against the Gints and maybe even a 3rd against the Jets... other than that, he'll keep being the JAG he's always been.

I don't get the decision-making when it comes to the RB rotation.  Scott is active but doesn't see the field at all first few games - Gainwell gets the touches Sanders doesn't get and flashes.  When Sanders goes down, Scott gets more snaps than Gainwell.  They really should bring Howard up from the PS and make him RB3, mixing him in with both Sanders (when healthy) and Gainwell.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I so miss those days. First when it was Buddy Ryan running it (and the rumors he was taking contracts out on certain offensive players) and then with JJ's feared defense....now its like defense doesn't even matter whatsoever anymore....

29 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I don't get the decision-making when it comes to the RB rotation.  Scott is active but doesn't see the field at all first few games - Gainwell gets the touches Sanders doesn't get and flashes.  When Sanders goes down, Scott gets more snaps than Gainwell.  They really should bring Howard up from the PS and make him RB3, mixing him in with both Sanders (when healthy) and Gainwell.  

I agree.  All 4 RB's should be on the 53.  Instead we have what, 7 dudes that call themselves linebackers when we only play 2-4 of them?

19 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

I get where you’re coming from, but if you’re going to say Gannon wasn’t give they players to run the system he wants to run (and I agree with that) then he should be smart enough not to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. 

It's a shame JJ's defenses were wasted away by not adding more WR talent earlier in McNabb's career.

Anyway, Schwartz's defenses were bad against the pass too, but at least they were good against the run.

• Like 1