Simple Question: Is Sirianni Still Our HC in 2022?

time2rock

Is Sirianni Still Our HC in 2022?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Is Sirianni Still Our HC in 2022?

• Yes
    • No

He is obviously as raw as they come as a HC.  We are nearing the half way mark of his first season ... he does not appear to be learning anything from the mistakes he continually makes.  He can only counter with the "self assessment" talk and falling back on what the analytics says they should do in a given situation.  Accepting that holding penalty by LV when declining would have put them at 4th and 4 (and LV's punting team on the field!) is just one example in a long list of mistakes HCs should not be making.  So, does he get a second season?  

I am guessing "YES",  because doing something else requires Howie and Lurie to admit that they failed with the selection.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Would've been better if this was a poll question :ph34r:

I was getting an error when trying to set up a poll.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, time2rock said:

I was getting an error when trying to set up a poll.  

I'll go with yes, siri is the coach next season

10 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Would've been better if this was a poll question :ph34r:

OK, fixed now.  Was having a Polish moment.  <_<

I'm not married to the idea. As of this point, it's easy to lose a team if things continue as is. If that happens, finding a replacement is a must. If this team somehow turns things around, I would imagine the opposite would be true.

I voted yes, would prefer it was no, but it is not a simple question.  He is a yes man for Lowie, he would have to be the worst coach in NFL history to get fired.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I voted yes, would prefer it was no, but it is not a simple question.  He is a yes man for Lowie, he would have to be the worst coach in NFL history to get fired.

He is definitely trending in that direction.  But I hear ya, I would guess he is still here next year too for no other reason than Lowie would look foolish for not getting it right with this hire.  Not to mention, there wasn't a lot of interest from legitimate candidates this last go round ... firing a HC after just one season will limit the pool even more.  

Too early to answer this question.  What if he adjusts and improves as a coach?  If they end up winning some games and showing progress there's no way Lurie fires him.  They will call it rookie learning, dealing with injuries and if Hurts doesn't improve blame him and get a new QB.  

Siri has to keep losing and also lose the locker room to be fired.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Too early to answer this question.  What if he adjusts and improves as a coach?  If they end up winning some games and showing progress there's no way Lurie fires him.  They will call it rookie learning, dealing with injuries and if Hurts doesn't improve blame him and get a new QB.  

Siri has to keep losing and also lose the locker room to be fired.

Yes I think Siri will and probably should get another year unless as you say he clearly loses the locker room.

Gannon is a different story. Kind of feels like he has already lost the locker room.

• Like 3

Was a dreaming or did Lurie/Howie not already put that idea to bed and say that Siri will be back next season?

Yep. There's no way that Lurie and Howie will admit they made a mistake after one season.  They will fire Gannon, maybe during the bye week.  That will be it.  Then, they will go draft or acquire "Nick's QB".  They will probably keep Hurts as the backup because Howie won't want to admit a 2nd round bust QB. Hurts will stick around like JJAW for a few years.

Yes, but Gannon may not make the week, and shouldn’t.  How do you pay Sweat and Fletch all that money for rushing the passer and  have both guys out of position?  

Gannon to Fletch " you just have to hold the double team for 3 yards backwards on a running play, then Wilson or Singleton will make the stop.”         

Fletch to Gannon " I don’t think this works, Singleton and Wilson are 5 yards behind me”   

Gannon to Fletch   " you crybaby ****, you can’t tackle the RB off the double team?”   

Fletch to Gannon  " wait what?” 

7 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Yep. There's no way that Lurie and Howie will admit they made a mistake after one season.  They will fire Gannon, maybe during the bye week.  That will be it.  Then, they will go draft or acquire "Nick's QB".  They will probably keep Hurts as the backup because Howie won't want to admit a 2nd round bust QB. Hurts will stick around like JJAW for a few years.

Geez....you really see all of that??

Just now, GeorgeM37 said:

Geez....you really see all of that??

Past behavior is the best indicator of future outcomes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

Past behavior is the best indicator of future outcomes.

I agree with that so I will be revisiting this thread nearer the end of the season....

With the lack of wins, players speaking out, and basic offense I think he could get the boot. 

32 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Yes I think Siri will and probably should get another year unless as you say he clearly loses the locker room.

Gannon is a different story. Kind of feels like he has already lost the locker room.

Yep.  And there's another scapegoat too.

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

OK, fixed now.  Was having a Pollish moment.  <_<

Fyp

• Haha 2

I wouldn't like it, but based on prior experiences I think they fire Gannon and some other lower coaches, but leave Siri in place. Then maybe they bring in some veteran guys to help him (like what they should've done this year.) I think he is terrible and way over his head, but in the past they generally give their coaches more time.

5 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I am guessing "YES",  because doing something else requires Howie and Lurie to admit that they failed with the selection.  

Yeah- if every Eagles fan didn't spend one more $$ on this team until Lurie and Howie hire REAL NFL coaches, you will see change. If you don't hit Lurie in is $$$$, nothing changes.

• Like 1