Simple Question: Is Sirianni Still Our HC in 2022?

time2rock

Is Sirianni Still Our HC in 2022?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Is Sirianni Still Our HC in 2022?

• Yes
    • No

I think he is.  I think lurie looks at it the same way he looked at Andy’s first year.  It’s a rebuilding process.  By definition process takes time.  We weren’t ever winning the Super Bowl overnight.  However, I do think they need to either let the OC call the plays or bring in someone they trust to do that. And secondly, for another thread, is fire Gannon because that guy is clueless and if you wanna breed accountability, then he has to go.  The players are already showing signs of not buying in. Fletch spelled it out pretty clearly.  

40 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Yeah- if every Eagles fan didn't spend one more $$ on this team until Lurie and Howie hire REAL NFL coaches, you will see change. If you don't hit Lurie in is $$$$, nothing changes.

The key term there is EVERY, when voting with the wallet.  That will never happen.

I guess he will be. Hopefully he learns how to actually coach if that's indeed the case.

Yes. He will guide us to a 2-15 season next year with a new QB and a new D coordinator. 

Sirianni doesn’t deserve another season but he certainly will get it. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s forced to bring in "new coaches and coordinators” and ultimately seeing a rehash of guys like Marty M. 

40 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

The key term there is EVERY, when voting with the wallet.  That will never happen.

Sad, but true. Except if you want an owners attention, that's the only real way. 

No. The next decade of the franchise will be defined by the offseason with likely three first round picks, two in the top 10, and a new ''franchise QB.'' They will also likely have a second round pick in the 30's so we are talking about four premium picks that can't be Fed up both in terms of talent evaluation and player development.

They can't afford to have this clown and the other clowns in this staff around for that. If Lurie had any sense he would fire Roseman as well and bring someone in to run the organization and stay out of things but we all know that isn't going to happen.

If Howie is our GM and Lurie is the owner in 2022 then yes it will be Sirianni even if it isn’t him in name. Remember this guy supposedly wowed the FO in his interview so he will be back. Him or some other yesman coach who will do the exact same stuff. 

I hope not but he will be because otherwise that is another indictment on Howie. 

I don't think Lurie has it in him to do the necessary clean house from FO to coaching staff.  Shame too because with 3 first round picks I'd imagine it would be an appealing situation for a potential GM.  

He’s probably here another year at least sadly. But I’d be good with him being fired now.

Yes, but Gannon won’t be her next year. Siri will have 2 more years unless a better, more tenured coach is available and willing to work with Howie. 

Most likely case is he is back and Gannon is not.

Less likely but more hopeful case is Lurie sees the light and fires Howie, in which case I think his chances reduce. The new GM would then make the call and may well want to go with his own guy.

15 hours ago, time2rock said:

He is obviously as raw as they come as a HC.  We are nearing the half way mark of his first season ... he does not appear to be learning anything from the mistakes he continually makes.  He can only counter with the "self assessment" talk and falling back on what the analytics says they should do in a given situation.  Accepting that holding penalty by LV when declining would have put them at 4th and 4 (and LV's punting team on the field!) is just one example in a long list of mistakes HCs should not be making.  So, does he get a second season?  

The bigger question is, do the eagles pick a new QB next season at the top of the draft ..or not. If they do draft a new QB..than Siri might be here for at least several more years. If they stick with Hurts, then Siri may be replaced..or may get another year. Lots of politics on the sinking team , and someone will have to be the scapegoat.

5 hours ago, T-1000 said:

No. The next decade of the franchise will be defined by the offseason with likely three first round picks, two in the top 10, and a new ''franchise QB.'' They will also likely have a second round pick in the 30's so we are talking about four premium picks that can't be Fed up both in terms of talent evaluation and player development.

They can't afford to have this clown and the other clowns in this staff around for that. If Lurie had any sense he would fire Roseman as well and bring someone in to run the organization and stay out of things but we all know that isn't going to happen.

Why would he fire Roseman? Roseman is doing everything that Lurie wants him to do. Killing the bagman does not change a thing.

2 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

The bigger question is, do the eagles pick a new QB next season at the top of the draft ..or not. If they do draft a new QB..than Siri might be here for at least several more years. If they stick with Hurts, then Siri may be replaced..or may get another year. Lots of politics on the sinking team , and someone will have to be the scapegoat.

I think with Lurie's meddling and Howie's ineptness they are going to try and "outsmart" everyone and end up reaching on a player or trading everything away for an established guy. 

In my hypothetical best case scenario, the team is able to trade back and get first round picks the following year (similar to what they did this year with Miami). Then use their early draft picks this year on Oline, Dline, and LBs. They really gotta get younger and more talented at those positions in a bad way. Then roll with Hurts and Gardner for next season. If they do poorly, fine the Eagles have a higher draft pick to spend on a QB group that looks to be better than this year's group. 

Either way, coaches have to change. Siri most likely stays but bring in experienced coordinators to run things for him. 

• Like 1

I am guessing yes unless another awesome candidate becomes availalble....He is still learning from his mistakes...They should have gone with DUCE STALEY.  

Most likely yes, he’ll be head coach again next year. I think he’ll reach 3 years before he’s fired without there being any improvement. 

I haven’t made my mind up on him yet. I’m not encouraged, but want to see the remaining games before I make a judgement 

Depends if Howie is still here (he likely will be). If Howie is here sirianni will be here, if Howie is gone the new GM will find another coach

When it comes to building this team there is little hope of it going right ever again.

Thanks to these two.

Dumb and Dumber | Movie fanart | fanart.tv

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 2.34.26 PM.png

• Like 1