Flacco traded to the Jets for a 6th

Road to Victory

18 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

What was the point in signing him in the first place ?

Signed him before they traded for Minshew

15 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Wonder if he actually feels he's in a better situation.

Well they just lost Zach Wilson for 2-4 weeks so he might be walking into a situation where he has a chance to play.  

• Like 1

Wait what? Someone traded for flacco bahahahahh.

The only solace is its close but the jets are more shittier than eagles. Thank God for jets and jags. Wait with this debacle, would have been better if we had crapped the bed and had number 1. Oh no, never mind - Howie is picking for us lol

That’s pretty good work by Howie.  No draft pick compensation to sign him since he was signed as a free agent and we get a 6th that could become a 5th for him less than a year later.  

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

What was the point in signing him in the first place ?

Have you not been paying attention to what this front office has been doing in the past?

30 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Good point but for every Quez Watkins there’s probably 5 guys who didn’t make it.

That’s the nature of the 6th round.

• Like 3

Basically tells us all we need to know. At least they got a pick for him. Watch him light it up now and get the Jets to the playoffs 😂

Wow, I would have never believed that Howie could get something for Flacco. I guess our QB factory is back up and running. No one said it had to be a good factory, right?

3 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Basically tells us all we need to know. At least they got a pick for him. Watch him light it up now and get the Jets to the playoffs 😂

That might be going a little too far … let’s just hope he plays well against Miami.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Columbus Eagle said:

Wow, I would have never believed that Howie could get something for Flacco. I guess our QB factory is back up and running. No one said it had to be a good factory, right?

They keep churning out the misses. 

44 minutes ago, Columbus Eagle said:

No one ever doubted Howie’s ability to fleece bad teams in trades. It’s mostly why he’s still around at all

• Like 3

If we were about to trade for a bigger name Qb before the deadline, and we weren’t trading one of ours….

Im not saying, I’m just saying.

So, Minshew is now breathing down Hurt's neck, even though Lurie and Howie are at fault for hiring all these idiot coaches, who would be bad coaching pee wee football.

• Thanks 1

Why Lurie and Howie drafted a QB who clearly isn't an NFL starter is a disgrace. All that damage with Wentz, and now Minshew is looking like he will be starting soon enough. Howie and Lurie are secret lovers. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

This activates Minshew. Hurts is one step closer to being benched. 

I think this is more … they signed Flacco as an insurance policy in case Hurts got injured and we were actually competitive.  Now that it is glaringly obvious we are not competitive there is no sense keeping him around (especially since he was only signed for the remainder of 2021).  Makes perfect sense to allow Minshew to bump up to backup Hurts on a cheaper contract and also under contract for another year.  

Just now, time2rock said:

I think this is more … they signed Flacco as an insurance policy in case Hurts got injured and we were actually competitive.  Now that it is glaringly obvious we are not competitive there is no sense keeping him around (especially since he was only signed for the remainder of 2021).  Makes perfect sense to allow Minshew to bump up to backup Hurts on a cheaper contract and also under contract for another year.  

And if Hurts keeps playing poorly people will demand accountability. Can’t sack the coach yet, but there will be people calling for Hurts to be benched. Now that Minshew is the backup it’s only a matter of time before the "We want” chants start showing up.

Ruh Roh Hurts. Minshew gonna be active on the sidelines just waiting to replace you. Minshew time!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

You know how far you’ve fallen when the answer to that question is likely a close call.  

The fact that this is a big story right now shows how far we've fallen

• Like 1

Getting rid of Flacco most likely is because we are about to trade for Watson, and need the room and will need the extra draft capital after we give away most of our 2023 draft for Watson. 

• Haha 1