Eagles Get First Overall Pick, But Cowboys Get #1 Seed in Playoffs, Would You Do It?

gameshowfan91

Eagles Get First Overall Pick, But Cowboys Get #1 Seed in Playoffs...  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with that?

• Yes
    • No

I don’t really care about the Cowboys anymore. Theory irksome fan base is more annoying than that football team and the overall media gush fest. It might do some good for the owner to see the Cowboys winning though. Maybe that wakes him out of the spell Howie has over him and he walks away from him, this analytics department, his own meddling, and reinstalls some football people into the Eagles organization. 

Even if we get the #1 overall pick and Dallas gets the #1 seed, both teams are bound to blow it.  

Nothing in sports would be worse than Dallas or the Giants winning another Super Bowl.

My prime interests as a fan are the Eagles winning and my enemies losing. Those things are all that matters in this game.

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t really care about the Cowboys anymore. Theory irksome fan base is more annoying than that football team and the overall media gush fest. It might do some good for the owner to see the Cowboys winning though. Maybe that wakes him out of the spell Howie has over him and he walks away from him, this analytics department, his own meddling, and reinstalls some football people into the Eagles organization. 

Eh, I agreed with you for a period of time there but as long as Zeke is there the team is annoying as hell too. I’d be cool with a 15 yard penalty if someone lights his ass up when he’s doing his stupid little "eating” celebration. 

Until we get talent we will continue to not even be able to compete with Dallas.

13 minutes ago, nipples said:

Eh, I agreed with you for a period of time there but as long as Zeke is there the team is annoying as hell too. I’d be cool with a 15 yard penalty if someone lights his ass up when he’s doing his stupid little "eating” celebration. 

Zeke is annoying for sure, but I don’t have the hate for him I had for Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt, and Sanders. I just don’t have as much built up hate for the Cowboys as I used to. They’re like a loud poodle to me now. Ironically in the past I enjoyed when we would demolish that team even when they were 1-15. I have more ire now towards their fans than the actual football team. 

Ugh, I don't even want to think about this one.  

First, F the Cowboys.  And if they were so damn good they would beat us on their own, but I would give them a hell of a fight.

However, losing may not be the worst thing in the world.  If we own the worst record,  Siri's probably gone and he'd take Howie's with him (hopefully).  

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Generally I think the best approach is to do what's best for your team first, not worry about how you might hurt or help any other team.  What is in the best interest of the Eagles?

To not keep worrying about the cowboys 

14 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Your poll should of been are you ok with Cowboys winning the Super Bowl if it means Eagles get first overall pick. That’s a more polarizing question

Yeah that would be a tougher choice for sure.

4 hours ago, nipples said:

Put me in coach ... I'd be happy to ring his bell.  :flex:

I also can't stand when he does that

• Like 1

Eagles aren’t beating Dallas even if Prescott sits the game out. I’ll take the #1 pick and just pray that they don’t f it up.

A lot of people saying ignore the Cowboys and take the pick. Those people would be...

Spoiler

CORRECT!!!

On 10/25/2021 at 11:41 PM, eagle45 said:

Yes.  I don't give a crap about the Cowboys.

IMO, the hate for that franchise is overblown.  Yeah, yeah, we had to deal with hearing them called America's team in the early 90's, their outspoken owner, and their arrogant cast of stars.  Whatever.  It was 30 years ago and most Eagles fans barely remember that, if they do at all.

I'd barely care if Dallas or Baltimore won the SB.  If it's not the Eagles, it's all the same to me.  I'll take the #1 pick.

Turn in your fan card.

I voted yes because theoretically it gives us the best chance to improve the team.   But we all know there is a very good change we blow the pick and blow the draft altogether 

On 10/25/2021 at 11:41 PM, eagle45 said:

Yes.  I don't give a crap about the Cowboys.

Exactly, it's not like the Eagles will be in the playoffs so who gives a hoot.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 9:02 AM, flyerdog said:

Buccaneers might be SB champions but the Eagles are the Metrics Champions

I can't believe the Eagles make so many decisions based on analytics, you can't do a same treatment for all, you have to look at your strengths and weaknesses to see if  the analytics makes sense for your team.

It kinda reminds me of this vaccine thing, same shot for everyone regardless of you health status.......it's stoopid

I know it's never gonna happen but we need to quit putting Dallas on a pedestal.   They're nothing special.   

12 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

I know it's never gonna happen but we need to quit putting Dallas on a pedestal.   They're nothing special.   

I'm not sure if it's putting Dallas on a pedestal or irrational hatred based on something that happened years or decades ago.

I care a whole lot more about the Eagles than the Cowboys. Anyone who doesn’t should question their fandom