Excited for the offense

97is

We finally have an identity on offense and it matches our talent. Too bad it's totally incompatible with the crap show happening on defense. Siriani deserves some credit 

• Like 4

His commitment to running the ball the last 2 weeks has been quite welcome. Hopefully, it's something he'll do long term.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 97is said:

We finally have an identity on offense and it matches our talent. Too bad it's totally incompatible with the crap show happening on defense. Siriani deserves some credit 

No. You have a crappy QB who took advantage of a team missing it's two starting CB. It's a mirage because he sucks. That's who Hurts is and that's their identity as long as he is their QB.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

No. You have a crappy QB who took advantage of a team missing it's two starting CB. It's a mirage because he sucks. That's who Hurts is and that's their identity as long as he is their QB.

I thought Football is a Team sport? Because if it is a team sport..I would say our Team was competitive. You make it sound like Hurts is the Piñata, when you criticize him like that. Yes he made rookie mistakes and some off target throws..But how many interceptions did he throw in the game? How many sacks did he get due to the indecision? Maybe Hurts doesn't suck..but why I am I wasting my time talking to a Hater who's cup is half empty instead of half full? Hurts is a rookie and I support him.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MagicMoment said:

Jalen Hurts has an extremely limited skill set. Don't be fooled by the scoreboard

Theres that hope he will get better. He has all season to display it. Seriously doubt hes riding pine anytime soon.

The seasons a write off anyway. Let Hurts ride it out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Traveler Vic said:

Hurts is a rookie and I support him.

This statement if factually incorrect.  He is not a rookie.

The O looked pretty good with Hurts throwing less and playing vs the worst run D in the Chargers and the Lions' run D isn't anything great either being 4th worst in YPG and middle of the pack in YPC.  Hurts made 1st downs today with his legs, but that's not a long term sustainable answer for the O.  He left 2 TDs on the field in missed throws to Goedert and Smith. 

We'll get a good idea of what this O can do vs a good D next week in Denver.  Here's how the Broncos' D ranks:

points allowed:  2nd

yards/game:  6th

rush yards/game:  6th

YPC:  10th

pass yards/game:  8th

QBR against:  3rd

YPA:  9th

sacks:  7th

And they just went to Palpatine's Death Star and smacked around the Cowgirls and their 'elite' O.

I do like that they are running the ball more and making the O a bit easier for Hurts to play in.  Running game with play actions passes is better for him than RPOs.  But, DEN can slow our ground game and force Hurts to throw more and that usually doesn't work out well for the O.  We'll see if they've really improved and can be productive vs a top D.  After the past couple games things look better and there's some potential, but I wouldn't get too excited yet.  Should the O play well vs DEN then we can start thinking they really turned a corner.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

The O looked pretty good with Hurts throwing less and playing vs the worst run D in the Chargers and the Lions' run D isn't anything great either being 4th worst in YPG and middle of the pack in YPC.  Hurts made 1st downs today with his legs, but that's not a long term sustainable answer for the O.  He left 2 TDs

They are limiting him throwing and making decisions... Of course he is going to look better. Some how that translates differently around here

7 hours ago, MagicMoment said:

Jalen Hurts has an extremely limited skill set. Don't be fooled by the scoreboard

The scoreboard says he is 4-9 on his career and the coach is steering the offense away from him.  No one should be fooled.

Hurts should have never been starting yet......he was raw coming out of college and handed a starting spot with a rookie head coach.  He wasn't ready and coupled with Sirianni's lack of ability to utilize his skill players, it shows up on the field.

He doesn't have a "limited" skill set, that's idiotic. What he has is limited experience, with a head coach who is "learning on the job".  Hurts is making mistakes, but nothing that shouldn't be expected with someone so inexperienced.

Reagor, Sanders, Scott, Gainwell, Howard and Watkins have been brutally underutilized and Ward & JJAW have virtually disappeared.  Hurts is basically a rookie.  He's in a new offense in his 2nd year.   And he's the team's leading rusher, which is pathetic with the talent the eagles have in the backfield.

• Like 2

Passing league.  Passing Coach.  QB with very limited passing talent.  What doesn't fit here?

It is nice that Sirianni finally woke up and came to the realization that he actually needs to call some rushing plays.  A heavy run attack worked last weekend because we had a large lead for most of the game.  Yesterday I actually was thinking, "We need to throw it more."  Who'da thunk?!?!  I would like to see an overall (over the course of an entire season) pass:run ratio somewhere around 60:40 or 65:35 (that will obviously fluctuate from game-to-game).  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, time2rock said:

It is nice that Sirianni finally woke up and came to the realization that he actually needs to call some rushing plays.  A heavy run attack worked last weekend because we had a large lead for most of the game.  Yesterday I actually was thinking, "We need to throw it more."  Who'da thunk?!?!  I would like to see an overall (over the course of an entire season) run:pass ratio somewhere around 60:40 or 65:35 (that will obviously fluctuate from game-to-game).  

The offense was pretty damn efficient.   Why do we need more passing when what we're doing is perfectly effective.  Scoring quicker isn't going to help the defense 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They are limiting him throwing and making decisions... Of course he is going to look better. Some how that translates differently around here

This is exactly what they should be doing. Because of that.... the game was decided in the final few minuets, instead of being one sided. On Paper, Chargers are a better team...but Eagles competed and that is all I can ask of them this year.

9 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

I thought Football is a Team sport? Because if it is a team sport..I would say our Team was competitive. You make it sound like Hurts is the Piñata, when you criticize him like that. Yes he made rookie mistakes and some off target throws..But how many interceptions did he throw in the game? How many sacks did he get due to the indecision? Maybe Hurts doesn't suck..but why I am I wasting my time talking to a Hater who's cup is half empty instead of half full? Hurts is a rookie and I support him.

Lol 2nd year QB.

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

Lol 2nd year QB.

2020 was the year of the Global Pandemic, so forgive me for pointing out, that there were issues more important than football to Most People. Hurts is a rookie. I am perfectly content with watching Hurts Manage the game.

6 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

2020 was the year of the Global Pandemic, so forgive me for pointing out, that there were issues more important than football to Most People. Hurts is a rookie. 

Lol and that should be the end of anyone taking your knowledge seriously. 

4 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

Hurts should have never been starting yet......he was raw coming out of college and handed a starting spot with a rookie head coach.  He wasn't ready and coupled with Sirianni's lack of ability to utilize his skill players, it shows up on the field.

He doesn't have a "limited" skill set, that's idiotic. What he has is limited experience, with a head coach who is "learning on the job".  Hurts is making mistakes, but nothing that shouldn't be expected with someone so inexperienced.

Reagor, Sanders, Scott, Gainwell, Howard and Watkins have been brutally underutilized and Ward & JJAW have virtually disappeared.  Hurts is basically a rookie.  He's in a new offense in his 2nd year.   And he's the team's leading rusher, which is pathetic with the talent the eagles have in the backfield.

He SHOULDN’T be so raw at this point though. He’s 23 years old, and started three of his four years in college. It’s not like he’s a 20 year old that came out early. 

9 minutes ago, nipples said:

He SHOULDN’T be so raw at this point though. He’s 23 years old, and started three of his four years in college. It’s not like he’s a 20 year old that came out early. 

I heard that he had a different coordinator every year in college. That will make anyone RAW. Can he develop? Absolutely.

47 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Lol and that should be the end of anyone taking your knowledge seriously. 

I have no KNOWLEDGE of Hurts!!! Only a belief that he can get better given some development. 

59 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

I heard that he had a different coordinator every year in college. That will make anyone RAW. Can he develop? Absolutely.

A different coordinator isn’t going to affect his ability to throw the ball accurately, which is my #1 complaint about Hurts. 

1 hour ago, Traveler Vic said:

There are rare times when Hurts will drop back, stay in the pocket, in rhythm, set his feet and throw a nice accurate ball.  He needs to do this alot more and become a more polished passer if he wants to last in the NFL as a starter.

I love what he brings as a runner but as a passer he has much work to do.  Just not sure if the Eagles are going to give him 2, 3 years to possibly become that guy, if he even can be that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nipples said:

One of the hardest things for a college QB is playing in multiple offenses......being drafted into the NFL and then learning the offense there while trying to read pro defenses.

Hurts was not ready to start.....he's in his 2nd offense with his 2nd HC and OC.....with little time in preseason to get acclimated to his skill players....not to mention a rookie HC learning how to call plays.

Being 23 and starting in college means very little and has nothing to do with it.   He was a project coming out who was HANDED a starting spot on an offense with a lot of question marks.

Typical philly fans and media expect way too much too early......then stupid comments come out making definitive statements like "he has limited capabilities" or he "doesn't have arm strength"......which is horsesh---.  Any young QB is going to make mistakes that are really frustrating.....and Patience is really needed if he is to get better.

If you don't like him then that's your opinion......but it won't be any different with a different young QB who is drafted and not given the chance to develop to his full potential.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Hurts is a keeper.

The Eagles are 13 in the NFL in points scored.  Above average.   Hurts is on the team,  getting paid almost nothing, and there are 2 more years in addition to the rest of this one where he would be getting paid nothing

If they just stay the course with Hurts,  the Eagles have 3 first round draft picks to upgrade defense and maybe some offense, and they have $30 Million to spend on FAs, offense or defense. 

• Like 3