Excited for the offense

97is

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Who can "get us to the Super Bowl?” Was it Wentz, because he never won a playoff game. The irony is the only quarterback to ever win a Super Bowl here was Foles. The interesting part is that team was good! You can waste year after year chasing after "the franchise quarterback” and that guy won’t even win a playoff for you. Heck Mathew Stafford is an elite level quarterback and always has been, but he took the Lions nowhere. You need more than just a quarterback to win in the NFL, and wasting so many years trying to find "the guy” can easily turn a team into the Browns. Heck the Bucs lucked into the greatest quarterback of all time. Rather than waste picks trying to find that guy (they wasted a pick on Winston) maybe the move is to develop the roster that it become a place that a veteran quarterback ( you know when this team is legit a quarterback away from competing) might find this team appealing. Till then build the roster up. 

I'm not going to argue just for the sake of argument.  As soon as it is determined by the team that a QB has a ceiling that doesn't allow the organization to meet their goals, they need to head to the next option that may get them there. This is the same for whatever name you want to plug in.  I'd hope that the organization's goal is another SB. I'd be shocked, if it isn't.

And I agree they need to build the whole roster around someone, be that Hurts or someone else. It's just a hell of alot easier and more efficient with our picks, if Hurts can be that guy (that may be a long shot).  

6 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

And that "no scheme" comment is being taken way too literally.  You are smart enough to know that, so there is no reason to waste time on it.

I didn't believe it when he said it. But I'm being a little flippant about it now as this defense does seem to lack a scheme. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I'm not going to argue just for the sake of argument.  As soon as it is determined by the team that a QB has a ceiling that doesn't allow the organization to meet their goals, they need to head to the next option that may get them there. This is the same for whatever name you want to plug in.  I'd hope that the organization's goal is another SB. I'd be shocked, if it isn't.

And I agree they need to build the whole roster around someone, be that Hurts or someone else. It's just a hell of alot easier and more efficient with our picks, if Hurts can be that guy (that may be a long shot).  

Bottom line is they invested in Hurts and for the time being they are working to develop him so there is no point in crying about it. Support him or don’t, but as of now he’s the Eagles quarterback despite how you feel about it. 

22 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Bottom line is they invested in Hurts and for the time being they are working to develop him so there is no point in crying about it. Support him or don’t, but as of now he’s the Eagles quarterback despite how you feel about it. 

Geez!  More fiction to steer your narrative.  I feel like the Eagles need the best QB possible, whether that is Hurts or not.  Thanks for playing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I didn't believe it when he said it. But I'm being a little flippant about it now as this defense does seem to lack a scheme. 

Like you, I wish it were more clear what his planned scheme is, but that is why we are here griping on a message board and he is on the sidelines of an NFL team.

3 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Geez!  More fiction to steer your narrative.  I feel like the Eagles need the best QB possible, whether that is Hurts or not.  Thanks for playing.

There is no narrative other than Hurts is the quarterback no matter how you feel about, and all this "gotta find a SB winning quarterback” out of thin air is nonsense talk. 

14 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

There is no narrative other than Hurts is the quarterback no matter how you feel about, and all this "gotta find a SB winning quarterback” out of thin air is nonsense talk. 

What a unique take.  I thought we WOULD be trying to identify a starting QB with a SB winning ceiling...be that Hurts over a reasonable amount of time or someone else.  I have never said or insinuated that QB comes "out of thin air", nor do I care who that player is.  I just want the team to find a guy to give us another shot at a SB win.  So that I am clear, that may or may not be Jalen Hurts (although I have my doubts).

I am just going to chalk this nonsense misunderstanding up to your reading and comprehension issues and move on.   

• Like 1

18 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

He’s a bit sensitive when his man Hurts is criticized. Hurts may be the guy but I’d be shocked if he is 

2 minutes ago, It Hurts said:

He’s a bit sensitive when his man Hurts is criticized. Hurts may be the guy but I’d be shocked if he is 

Nah Hurts deserves criticism. He’s been streaky. I don’t get upset when people give Hurts the criticism he deserves unlike you Wentz loving hippies who get all in your feelings when someone dares to speak ill of your god. 😂🤣😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Nah Hurts deserves criticism. He’s been streaky. I don’t get upset when people give Hurts the criticism he deserves unlike you Wentz loving hippies who get all in your feelings when someone dares to speak ill of your god. 😂🤣😂

Show me one post where I get my undies in a bunch. It’s you who continues with it 

19 minutes ago, It Hurts said:

Show me one post where I get my undies in a bunch. It’s you who continues with it 

You basically made an account to fawn over your boy when he wasn’t even an Eagle anymore. That’s why I’m pretty sure you’re nothing more than a clone account of someone else.

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

You basically made an account to fawn over your boy when he wasn’t even an Eagle anymore. That’s why I’m pretty sure you’re nothing more than a clone account of someone else.

You keep thinking that bud 👍

1 minute ago, It Hurts said:

You keep thinking that bud 👍

Honestly you seem a little obsessed with me. If you’re not constantly reply to me (despite multiple times I’ve told you to go away) you’re posting about me. Find a new hobby bud. 

On 11/10/2021 at 9:03 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Super Bowl QB,s don't grow on trees !

6 minutes ago, rickospia said:

Super Bowl QB,s don't grow on trees !

Everyone knows which quarterback is going to win a Super Bowl before they actually do! It’s common knowledge! 🙄 I swear these guys….

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Everyone knows which quarterback is going to win a Super Bowl before they actually do! It’s common knowledge! 🙄 I swear these guys….

Nice to meet someone who can for tell the future !

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, rickospia said:

Nice to meet someone who can for tell the future !

You didn’t know posters on EMB are Miss Cleo approved psychics?  😂🤣😂

AEE095EF-3CAC-43EB-8577-B4250B51571D.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2021 at 10:05 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh I know he's going to need to but I'm not so sure he can. In fact I'm pretty certain he can't as we've seen. But hey perhaps he's able to continue to develop. 

He doesn't have a scheme... He's told us that. And whilst that may be BS he's just feeding to the media the on field stuff suggests it may be true. And if Howie gives him the pieces to run "his defense" that could have dramatic repercussions if he's not the answer... And let's be honest he's done nothing to suggest he is the answer. He's been bad, like historical bad. 

this year the Eagles are 21 in points given up per game.  Not historical bad.

On 11/11/2021 at 12:35 PM, It Hurts said:

what's this "the guy" stuff?

That's some sort of fiction that you're creating.

I just looked at Hurts, plus the first round QBs taken over the last 4 years.

Hurts is 6th out of that pile of 18,  17 first rounders plus Hurts.

I'm taking a pragmatic approach.   17 teams took a QB in the first round,  and 5 of that 17 was better than Hurts at leading their team to scoring points this year.  12 of that 17 didn't do as well as Hurts did.

Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush,  and it's the defense that needs the resources.  

I'm not a big fan of paying QBs 30 million dollars a year,  but Hurts is only getting 1 million a year or less.   I like QBs on their rookie contracts and I like offenses that could replace QBs every 2 years with a very similar QB.   Perhaps the team  could use the QBs interchangeably,  so that you know what you have.  Hurts is the starter for 2021 and 2022 and 2023.  At some point the Eagles get another Hurts type.  Perhaps Willis from Liberty falls to the 2nd,  Ridder Cincy,  Emory Jones Florida,  D'eriq King Miami.   And maybe that new guy comes on the field for plays here and there,  put him at QB,  put Hurts at RB.  Whatever the case may be,  you have him out there, seeing how well he does so that the Eagles will know what they have when they let Hurts go.  Get a new QB every 2 years.  Perhaps Tyree Jackson or Greg Ward Jr is worked into that QB rotation. 

7 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

this year the Eagles are 21 in points given up per game.  Not historical bad.

Right OK so the numbers aren't but let's be real here this defense is horrible. Its quite possibly the worst defense I've seen. The numbers are skewed by playing a terrible Lions and Falcons team. And a bad Panthers offense. 

On 11/10/2021 at 12:46 PM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

A few years is a long time to wait to determine if a marginal QB can get it done with the way the NFL works (although this team is definitely years away).  Every minute we spend developing a guy that can't get us a SB is wasted time.   Right or wrong, its different when you put that into a high 1st pick.  I hope he is "that guy", because we need to use the picks on other things.  I just have my doubts. 

If as rumored Lurie is in lust with Hurts, "a few years" seems likely.

42 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

If as rumored Lurie is in lust with Hurts, "a few years" seems likely.

If he still has that opinion, you are correct.  The only problem is that he looks like an 8 win ceiling QB (thus mid round picks).  Given that, after this year, it costs alot more in resources to get into draft position for a good QB, if he can't complete the SB journey.

6 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

If he still has that opinion, you are correct.  The only problem is that he looks like an 8 win ceiling QB (thus mid round picks).  Given that, after this year, it costs a lot more in resources to get into draft position for a good QB, if he can't complete the SB journey.

Howie will have to do what he has proven good at - moving up in the draft.

As a fan of a power running game, controlling TOP, keeping opposing offenses sidelined as much as possible and thereby helping the defense face fewer opportunities I am far happy(er) than most.  I enjoy the feeling that getting inside the red zone gives me these days.  I'm old ya know?  Like my QB under center, can remember the days when my QB didn't have to be a superstar to win championships......guess I'm on a nostalgia tour. 

What really warms my soul is that every time the offense gives the team a fighting chance on the ground, it figuratively drives a stake through Lowie's heart.

If Hurts & Siri can learn to use all the weapons through play-action at least-then with Stout & a healthy OL I can dream of 3 1st rounders on defense a little while longer.

If they can't........it's gonna be a long decade.

17 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Right OK so the numbers aren't but let's be real here this defense is horrible. Its quite possibly the worst defense I've seen. The numbers are skewed by playing a terrible Lions and Falcons team. And a bad Panthers offense. 

Disagree.   Not that bad.   All teams face good teams and bad teams and typically do better against the bad teams.  There are 11 teams that give up more points per game than the Eagles do.  Just this year.   Add more talent in the draft,  the defense should get better.