Duke basketball thread - DrPhilly’s preseason pick to win it all.

The_Omega

Given the selection committee’s anti-ACC bias they’ll probably wind up a 4 seed, at best, but given the way they’ve been playing, they should be a 2 or 3 seed, at worst.  Really surprised at how the D has come together.  Given their occasional offensive struggles I’d normally think that this team doesn’t quite have what it takes to win it all, but things tend to get a lot more physical in the NCAA tournament, and this Duke team seems to have more of that physical nature in them than most so, who knows?

What a F’ing joke. The selection committee is on drugs.

• Like 1

If Whitehead can be that spark off the bench, this team could win a title. Flip was sick yesterday so he didn't even play well. Still was the defense by Proctor and Lively that was off the bench. 

• Like 1

Duke has a good path. I wouldn't be surprised if they won it. Miami has a good path as well. 

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

Duke has a good path. I wouldn't be surprised if they won it. Miami has a good path as well. 

Miami might lose today. Only +2.5 favorites

Lost their good big in ACC tourney, 14ppg 10 rebounds 1.3blocks.

Duke has a good path? They’d have to get through Purdue who is the best team in the country. They might be able to do it but it’s about the toughest region there is.

Arizona State is my new sleeper pick. Holy cow did they look good in the play in game.  They’re going to be a tough out.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Arizona State is my new sleeper pick. Holy cow did they look good in the play in game.  They’re going to be a tough out.

I took them and Pitt today. Teams that play earlier in the week always seem to play well. 

8 hours ago, The_Omega said:

…, Purdue who is the best team in the country….

image.gif.83c20f81d11e6f32468d89b4c0b944df.gif

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

image.gif.83c20f81d11e6f32468d89b4c0b944df.gif

If duke beats Tennessee, the Purdue loss really makes you think duke might be final 4 bound

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

If duke beats Tennessee, the Purdue loss really makes you think duke might be final 4 bound

Yeah, but then they’d have to get past Fairleigh Dickinson who is clearly the best team in the country….

Just now, The_Omega said:

Yeah, but then they’d have to get past Fairleigh Dickinson who is clearly the best team in the country….

There the darlings of the tournament right now

10 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Duke has a good path? They’d have to get through Purdue who is the best team in the country. They might be able to do it but it’s about the toughest region there is.

I'll take freezing cold takes for $1000 Alex 

Duke not used to this physical play, might get ‘em an L today

Terrible body language at the end of the half. Roach and Proctor have been awful. If Scheyer doesn’t figure something out at the half this one’s over.

4 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Terrible body language at the end of the half. Roach and Proctor have been awful. If Scheyer doesn’t figure something out at the half this one’s over.

Not running anything on offense. Whitehead is the most athletic guy on the team. Attack attack attack 

15 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Not running anything on offense. Whitehead is the most athletic guy on the team. Attack attack attack 

Roach is attacking, with zero idea what to do with it leading to turnover after turnover.

It would be nice if Lively was any threat to score. They’re really missing Mitchell 

Except for Filipowski, they played like a bunch of spoiled prima Donnas who expected to win. Be interesting to see who leaves and who stays. I’d bet at least Filipowski, Roach, Lively and Whitehead leave although Filipowski might be the only one really ready for the pros.

40 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Except for Filipowski, they played like a bunch of spoiled prima Donnas who expected to win. Be interesting to see who leaves and who stays. I’d bet at least Filipowski, Roach, Lively and Whitehead leave although Filipowski might be the only one really ready for the pros.

All the talk was Flip was staying. Scheyer said he found out 5 minutes before the game Mitchell was out. Looks like it happened in practice, they missed his size and defense 

theyll probably all go, they got a nice class coming in who expects to play right off the bat, thats how it is these days, its next one and done class up, thats why its so hard to like college Bball anymore, you cant get to like a player that much cause he leaves after a year, and with the money the nba tosses around I'd leave too, and the transfer portal sucks, sucks, sucks

2 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

theyll probably all go, they got a nice class coming in who expects to play right off the bat, thats how it is these days, its next one and done class up, thats why its so hard to like college Bball anymore, you cant get to like a player that much cause he leaves after a year, and with the money the nba tosses around I'd leave too, and the transfer portal sucks, sucks, sucks

This isn't true. Mitchell and Proctor will stay. Still talk of Flip staying then with more shooting next year as well. 

Proctor shot great from the FT line so no doubt his 3P will also increase 

27 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

This isn't true. Mitchell and Proctor will stay. Still talk of Flip staying then with more shooting next year as well. 

Proctor shot great from the FT line so no doubt his 3P will also increase 

Yeah, with hard work in the offseason Proctor could be really good next year. His d was already stellar by the end of this season, and he was just a freshman who could’ve still been a HS senior.  If he adds more consistency to his outside shooting, and cuts down on the mistakes a little bit, he’s going to a handful.

Talk of DaRon Holmes transferring in from Dayton so Flip can play the 4 if he stays. Kid maybe an upgrade over Lively because he has an offensive game. 

• Like 1