Duke basketball thread - DrPhilly’s preseason pick to win it all.

The_Omega

• 1 month later...

They also signed probably the two best shooters in the class. They are recruiting guys to play perfectly with Cooper. The dropoff isn't happening with Duke, Scheyer is an elite recruiter and showed good adjustments during the season last year. 

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, The_Omega said:

He was never going anywhere else

Cooper Flagg: "I model my game after Jayson Tatum, Grayson Allen" 

That isn't a casual fan if you model your game after Allen. That is crazy that loves Duke 

"Growing up, Duke was always my dream school. I always looked up to all the Duke players, watched all their games and stuff like that. I could see myself fitting in well with their play style. They have a lot of versatile guys so I think I’d fit in pretty well.”

Never saw this coming!

Cooper Flagg, the top prospect in high school basketball and the favorite to be the No. 1 pick in the 2025 NBA draft, announced his commitment to Duke on Monday.

Flagg chose the Blue Devils over UConn.

• Like 1

Might be time to change the thread title 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like they are getting a Top 10 wing as well who wants to play with Flagg, VJ Edgecombe. 

He recently canceled a visit to Bama. 

• Like 1

Season starts Monday. If we have one or two guys who they can count on to hit the 3, we’re going to be tough to beat.

:lol: you’ll never ever have to change the title again

• Like 1

My pick this year isn't looking all that great after two games :P

The nice thing is that I know Duke will eventually win again and I'll have predicted it.  I can go to my grave knowing I witnessed an Eagles SB win and also predicted a Duke NCAA basketball championship.  All thanks to @The_Omega, love you dude!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

Caleb foster saved duke tonight

Yes he did.  They've definitely got some work to do.  They need a lot more out of Roach.  A lot more.  Mitchell plays some defense and gets some rebounds but he's a reliable turnover on offense so far.  McCain is a freshman, had an off night.  Freshmen have those.  He'll bounce back.  Filipowski needs more out of Young (and Ellis if he gets in the game), right now he's being forced to do too much and is going to burn out.  Proctor needs to keep working on his outside shooting, but he's been pretty stinking good on defense and distributing the ball.  All in all not a terrible start.  They always seem to struggle to put it together early on then, sometime in mid to late January have an epiphany and become the team that they're meant to be.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If it’s me, I’m bringing Roach, Filipowski and Mitchell off the bench, at least for the next game or two, to send them a message that they need to get their heads out of their asses. They need to start acting like the team leaders. Especially Roach, he’s regressed from last year and the last play against GT was embarrassing for him.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

If it’s me, I’m bringing Roach, Filipowski and Mitchell off the bench, at least for the next game or two, to send them a message that they need to get their heads out of their asses. They need to start acting like the team leaders. Especially Roach, he’s regressed from last year and the last play against GT was embarrassing for him.

Jon needs to find some offense, and this team isnt tough, this was supposed to be a great shooting team

• 3 weeks later...

Good win against Baylor. Definitely played ‘tougher’. Roach was the Roach that we need.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite the 2nd half last night.  0-9 from 3 in the 1st half, 8-8 from 3 in the 2nd half.  From the moment the 2nd half started they looked really, really good.

Damn, Mitchell’s figured something out.

• 1 month later...

McCain open the checkbook to keep him around 

And this monster with Flagg