Duke basketball thread - DrPhilly’s preseason pick to win it all.

The_Omega

5 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Yeah, everyone in the ACC is on the bubble except UNC and Duke

I read the ESPN update and they also had Clemson as a lock but what do they know

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

I read the ESPN update and they also had Clemson as a lock but what do they know

Yeah, maybe.  If they lose both their games this week and then the first game in the ACC Tourney though, who knows.

What minutes from Stewart and Power so far 

Stewart staying out there the entire time with Flip having two fouls. 

Yeah, if he can stay out of foul trouble, and stay in the game, he could be an enormous help going into the tournaments. 

Stewart game. Keeping Mitchell on the bench and trusting Stewart was a great decision by Scheyer. K didnt often give freshman minutes this late in the season. 

Khaman Maluach, top big man in 2024 class, commits to Duke

If Stewart and Reeves come back we could be really tough inside.

Just now, The_Omega said:

I’d imagine Power will be back too, and that kid can shoot the lights out.

Minutes will be tight but still need a true lead guard. 

I think I say this every year, probably during a Duke/Carolina game, but I can’t F’ing stand Bilas. F’er tries so hard to demonstrate that he’s not biased for Duke that he winds up spending every game sucking the other teams d’s.

What is it with Duke and scumbags who like to trip people? Bunch of low class losers in the stands AND on the court 

• 2 weeks later...

Caleb Foster out for the tournament.  We were already highly unlikely to advance too far, and this won't help.  

• 2 weeks later...

Duke and NC State meeting for the third time this month.  Have they ever met in the Tournament?

7 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

Duke and NC State meeting for the third time this month.  Have they ever met in the Tournament?

I looked it up and this is the first time these two have met in the NCAA tournament.

My brother got his engineering degree at NC State and my wife did an exchange year there as part of her Masters Degree (Architecture) so we have some skin in the game in the family today.  My skin in the game is in this thread's title :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrPhilly said:

I looked it up and this is the first time these two have met in the NCAA tournament.

My brother got his engineering degree at NC State and my wife did an exchange year there as part of her Masters Degree (Architecture) so we have some skin in the game in the family today.  My skin in the game is in this thread's title :P

I’ll be rooting for State.  My skin in the game is also the thread title.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I’ll be rooting for State.  My skin in the game is also the thread title.

I'm on your side today Moss.  No way I would ever root for Duke.  I can't think of any team I'd root for Duke against.  Maybe the Soviets.

• Like 1

Nightmare scenario for Tar Heels fans.  Either State or Duke is going to lose today.  But the other one reaches the Final 4

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Nightmare scenario for Tar Heels fans.  Either State or Duke is going to lose today.  But the other one reaches the Final 4

A fun day in the triangle.  We have a Swedish neighbor there this weekend running in the Raleigh Relays for BU.  She has commented to her parents how nutty it is with the bball stuff going on the last couple days.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

A fun day in the triangle.  We have a Swedish neighbor there this weekend running in the Raleigh Relays for BU.  She has commented to her parents how nutty it is with the bball stuff going on the last couple days.

I was at the UNC vs. Wake baseball game last night.  Lots of baby blue there.

7 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Btw, pics???

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Btw, pics???

Distance runner. Thin as a rail. Her mom is a nice MILF type though.