Duke basketball thread - DrPhilly’s preseason pick to win it all.

The_Omega

5 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Take some pics and post please.  Make sure you get a couple of you and Zuker.

@Dave Moss

here’s your nightmare fuel, Doc

IMG_1356.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrPhilly said:

Yeah, if you look close you can see Moss running in there and injuring Filipowski

Moss is the guy in that stupid Wake hype shirt

It wasn’t me.  Me and Zuker were drinking beers out in the parking lot by that point.

• Haha 1

I’m not sure that the fan who hit his knee did it on purpose, but others are clearly aiming for him. What happens if he trips and goes down, which could have easily happened? This ish is not right.

X is full of people saying the students should be charged or expelled from school

:rolleyes:

16 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

IMG_1365.jpeg

If you look at the bottom right of this picture there’s a cluster of security guards next to the student section and by the Duke players / bench.  They didn’t have enough folks to block a court storm though.  The students went to the other side of the baseline where regular fans sit.

Those kids didn't just rush the court it was a full blown sprint. 

And it's not like WF was the betting favorite 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Those kids didn't just rush the court it was a full blown sprint. 

And it's not like WF was the betting favorite 

Agree on both points.  However in the days leading up to the game so-called bracketologists were saying Wake didn’t deserve to be in the Tournament unless they won this game.

Absent a player going into the stands, there’s no reason for a fan to ever come into contact with the players. Many of those fans obviously did so on purpose. That borders on assault. I’m not advocating locking them up. This time. It’s time to start discussing punishments for future situations though. Loser programs whose fans will never have anything more to celebrate then a regular season win need to learn to act right.

2 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Absent a player going into the stands, there’s no reason for a fan to ever come into contact with the players. Many of those fans obviously did so on purpose. That borders on assault. I’m not advocating locking them up. This time. It’s time to start discussing punishments for future situations though. Loser programs whose fans will never have anything more to celebrate then a regular season win need to learn to act right.

Well, don’t get beat by loser programs and you don’t have to worry about it.

19 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Well, don’t get beat by loser programs and you don’t have to worry about it.

Not surprisingly people who believe in political violence, believe in fan violence against opposing teams too.

• Haha 1

You just blamed the incident on Filipowski. You’re obviously ok with it. Wtf the matter with you.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The_Omega said:

You just blamed the incident on Filipowski. You’re obviously ok with it. Wtf the matter with you.

Everyone knew the court was going to get stormed by the last minute of the game.  He stood there like a deer in headlights.  I’ve seen over a hundred court storms and usually the losing side sprints off the court to avoid the tidal wave.  That’s the first time I’ve seen someone make zero effort to get out of the way.

Also, he’ll play 36 minutes in their next game on his "injured” knee

Here’s my proposal. Don’t want to ban loser fans from loser programs from storming the court when their loser team finally breaks through and wins a regular season game? Fine. Just make the rule that, if a visiting teams player gets injured during the storming then the home team has to forfeit the next however many games the opposing player is out with their injury.  

4 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

Everyone knew the court was going to get stormed by the last minute of the game.  He stood there like a deer in headlights.  I’ve seen over a hundred court storms and usually the losing side sprints off the court to avoid the tidal wave.  That’s the first time I’ve seen someone make zero effort to get out of the way.

@The_Omega has been telling me I need professional help for like 15 years.  FWIW

• Haha 1

Court storming should be reserved for something like this when an 88 game winning streak came to an end

Loser program is upset their fans didn’t hurt the opposing teams best player worse than they did. No surprise there.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Loser program is upset their fans didn’t hurt the opposing teams best player worse than they did. No surprise there.

He faked a serious injury then played 29 minutes last night in a game they won by 25 points :rolleyes: 

On 2/29/2024 at 2:27 PM, Dave Moss said:

He faked a serious injury then played 29 minutes last night in a game they won by 25 points :rolleyes: 

Looks like Wake has work to do to get into the dance.

7 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Looks like Wake has work to do to get into the dance.

Yeah, everyone in the ACC is on the bubble except UNC and Duke