David Ojabo (Michigan EDGE) -- DRAFTED BY BALTIMORE #45

D-Shiznit

6 hours ago, AberdeenEagle said:

Since he lived in Aberdeen Scotland for 10 years before heading over on a basketball scholarship I'd love to see the Eagles take a punt on him, he's likely to go around where we are drafting as well!  🙂 

Me too! 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 8:48 PM, Waiting4Someday said:

Ton of upside - and the cupboard is bare. Jermaine Johnson  is another guy, I’ve been meaning to look at.

172D48BE-8786-4C45-A6AF-421496CD0572.jpeg

A 4.55 corner, you're out of your mind!!

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

A 4.55 corner, you're out of your mind!!

What coverage scheme are we playing here? Zone - watch Rasul Douglas, if you want to see an example in the playoffs.

15 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

What coverage scheme are we playing here? Zone - watch Rasul Douglas, if you want to see an example in the playoffs.

I'm looking for a lockdown corner, someone who can cover the opponent's best WR 1-on-1 all game long so as to nullify his arse.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

I'm looking for a lockdown corner, someone who can cover the opponent's best WR 1-on-1 all game long so as to nullify his arse.

That would be great... But I actually think a stud DE and a really really good DL could make a bigger difference. Look at SF.

• Like 1

Still not buying Ojabo in the first round. There is a reason he is not staying at Michigan another year. Hutchinson dominated and forced a lot of double teams leaving Obajo in single coverage. Obajo has one year under his belt in college. Id like to see him take another year to prove himself before making him a mid first round pick. Late first, maybe 2nd round I would take a flyer on, but not at our picks. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That would be great... But I actually think a stud DE and a really really good DL could make a bigger difference. Look at SF.

You make it sound like it's one or the other, with 3 #1's why not both?

5 hours ago, EagleVA said:

You make it sound like it's one or the other, with 3 #1's why not both?

No I said a stud DE AND a really good DL. No reference at all to picking one or the other. I said SF have both. 

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No I said a stud DE AND a really good DL. No reference at all to picking one or the other. I said SF have both. 

It seems like you don't understand the phrase "You make it sound like", I never said you said anything about "picking one or the other".

3 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

It seems like you don't understand the phrase "You make it sound like", I never said you said anything about "picking one or the other".

I understand the phrase perfectly thanks! It's our language. That may be the issue here... You don't fully understand and grasp the English language. 

Jesus ... VA says "lockdown corner" ... UK says "stud DE/really good DL" ... VA says "with 3 picks why not both" (assuming to mean why not both a DE AND a lockdown CB?  

I am in complete agreement with using a 1 on a DE and another 1 on a lockdown CB.  With that 3rd 1, I'd be cool with moving it for a 2023 1 if the opportunity presents itself.  If they do decide to use it this April, I'd be cool with another pick on another DL (or LB or S but gut says they won't take one of those positions).  I agree with UK that a stout defensive front would make a huge difference here - our pass rush was basically invisible for most of the year.  I also think we need to find a young stud CB to play opposite Slay who likely only has a couple more good years left in the tank.  

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

Jesus ... VA says "lockdown corner" ... UK says "stud DE/really good DL" ... VA says "with 3 picks why not both" (assuming to mean why not both a DE AND a lockdown CB?  

I am in complete agreement with using a 1 on a DE and another 1 on a lockdown CB.  With that 3rd 1, I'd be cool with moving it for a 2023

UK says use the 3rd on DL, making is sound like DE is not a part of the DL 🙂

15 hours ago, time2rock said:

I agree with UK that a stout defensive front would make a huge difference here - our pass rush was basically invisible for most of the year.  I also think we need to find a young stud CB to play opposite Slay who likely only has a couple more good years left in the tank.  

And my point was, and is, that the SF secondary is nothing to write home about but that DL makes a huge difference. 

On 1/23/2022 at 1:42 PM, DeathByEagle said:

Still not buying Ojabo in the first round. There is a reason he is not staying at Michigan another year. Hutchinson dominated and forced a lot of double teams leaving Obajo in single coverage. Obajo has one year under his belt in college. Id like to see him take another year to prove himself before making him a mid first round pick. Late first, maybe 2nd round I would take a flyer on, but not at our picks. 

There certainly is a bit of risk associated with him and even the possibility that he could go off the board before our pick.

The Ravens just hired Michigan DC Mike Macdonald as their new DC. I've seen mock drafts out there having Ojabo going to the Ravens at 14 before this hire, but this could certainly increase his odds of being selected sooner rather than later.

I personally wouldn't be crazy for trading up for Ojabo though. Would rather just stay put and use one of our 1sts on Jermaine Johnson or Travon Walker.

17 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I personally wouldn't be crazy for trading up for Ojabo though. Would rather just stay put and use one of our 1sts on Jermaine Johnson or Travon Walker.

Agreed, I like Ojabo for one of our picks without trading up. Think it’s fair value.

On 1/28/2022 at 4:00 PM, eaglesfan0075 said:

On 1/29/2022 at 9:16 AM, Infam said:

Agreed, I like Ojabo for one of our picks without trading up. Think it’s fair value.

Agreed!

Although I like Ojabo, I wonder in what kind of scheme he’d fit best. This kid has all the potential in the World but he’s so raw and hardly ever played with his hands in the dirt. Something tells me he might be better suited to play in a 3-4 scheme in a pass rushing OLB role like Von Miller.

I don’t have these questions about both Walker and Johnson. These kids look and feel like prototypical 4-3 guys.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Agreed!

Although I like Ojabo, I wonder in what kind of scheme he’d fit best. This kid has all the potential in the World but he’s so raw and hardly ever played with his hands in the dirt. Something tells me he might be better suited to play in a 3-4 scheme in a pass rushing OLB role like Von Miller.

I don’t have these questions about both Walker and Johnson. These kids look and feel like prototypical 4-3 guys.

Im not in on Ojabo BUT

Does anyone watch the Eagles play before they make comments? I keep hearing people talk about players being a better fit for 3-4. We are a 3-4 over base team now under Gannon. Yes we run some 4 man front but our base is a 3-4 over.  Does no one watch the games anymore and pay attention to the formations?

10 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Walker is someone that has really peaked my interest recently. Tall, explosive, nimble, and played against better competition.

Like you said, there is also no ambiguity about whether or not he is better suited for a 3-4 OLB. The dude is a Bona Fide 4-3 DE.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2022 at 2:11 PM, DeathByEagle said:

Im not in on Ojabo BUT

Does anyone watch the Eagles play before they make comments? I keep hearing people talk about players being a better fit for 3-4. We are a 3-4 over base team now under Gannon. Yes we run some 4 man front but our base is a 3-4 over.  Does no one watch the games anymore and pay attention to the formations?

Yup.  Gannon runs a lot of the 4i scheme, meaning a DL directly over the C and the 2 DEs are lined up on the inside shoulders of the OTs.  It's more like a 3-4 than a 4-3 even though often times you'll see a 4th DL player around the Los usually standing instead of his hand in the dirt. 

Ojabo could be a good fit for this scheme as a pass rushing stand up OLB or as that 4th DL player who gets moved up/down the LoS trying to get a pass rush mismatch.

On 1/23/2022 at 2:42 PM, DeathByEagle said:

So in other words the Eagles are taking him in the 1st.  

DE is a need but I just cannot see Ojabo as a top 20 player in this draft. He was not THE GUY at Michigan. He was the the guy that got solid production because THE GUY (Hutchinson) was getting most of the attention. I am not saying he is terrible, I am saying he seems like a guy with a average potential and a low floor in the NFL. 

Dont reach based on need. Just draft the best player available and we will be solid

23 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

DE is a need but I just cannot see Ojabo as a top 20 player in this draft. He was not THE GUY at Michigan. He was the the guy that got solid production because THE GUY (Hutchinson) was getting most of the attention. I am not saying he is terrible, I am saying he seems like a guy with a average potential and a low floor in the NFL. 

Dont reach based on need. Just draft the best player available and we will be solid

I'd agree he's a boom or bust type, but he has produced given his inexperience... so I disagree that he has 'average' potential.