David Ojabo (Michigan EDGE) -- DRAFTED BY BALTIMORE #45

D-Shiznit

Ojabo said he could not remember if he met with the Eagles this week.

In formal interviews Eagles have prospects shooting hoops. IMO you’d remember such a meeting so my guess is that the Eagles had an informal meeting with Ojabo or didn’t really talk to him at all (highly unlikely).

22 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Ojabo said he could not remember if he met with the Eagles this week.

In formal interviews Eagles have prospects shooting hoops. IMO you’d remember such a meeting so my guess is that the Eagles had an informal meeting with Ojabo or didn’t really talk to him at all (highly unlikely).

Fortunately, since I’m a huge ojabo fan, the Eagles have taken picks we have talked little/not at all with: as recently as Dillard. 

ojabo is going to be a stud imo. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NOTW said:

He just became the next Howie special.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

guess sitting on the bench with BG for a year wouldn’t be bad if we could get him in the 3rd? 

2 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

guess sitting on the bench with BG for a year wouldn’t be bad if we could get him in the 3rd? 

No way he drops too far. Guys come back insanely quick from ACLs anymore. I guess he still goes late 1 unless injury is devastating. Too much upside. 

2 hours ago, homerpat said:

No way he drops too far. Guys come back insanely quick from ACLs anymore. I guess he still goes late 1 unless injury is devastating. Too much upside. 

He's going to drop though and it's whether a team wants to take a chance on a full recovery etc. He's essentially going to need to sit his full rookie year really. 

44 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's going to drop though and it's whether a team wants to take a chance on a full recovery etc. He's essentially going to need to sit his full rookie year really. 

Agreed, but no chance he drops to 3 like previous poster stated. mid 2nd at very latest IMO. probably end of round 1 very early 2

His raw talent and 1 year of production was already putting him as a borderline 1st in my mind. Now he is definitely a 2nd rounder. If the eagles want him, trade down or out of 1st to gather a 1st next year, maybe a 2nd or so for this year and get him with a high to mid 2nd rounder. Eagles definitely cannot draft him in the top 20 now with the injury

Feel terrible for the kid. If it is a tear, he will drop, maybe even beyond mid-RD2.

4 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Feel terrible for the kid. If it is a tear, he will drop, maybe even beyond mid-RD2.

As we have seen with Sidney Jones, explosiveness is not the same. His major strength was explosiveness so it is a big flag. I wouldn't touch him in the first 2 rounds tbh

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

As we have seen with Sidney Jones, explosiveness is not the same. His major strength was explosiveness so it is a big flag. I wouldn't touch him in the first 2 rounds tbh

Yeah. In the case of an achilles tear, chances are he plays zero snaps his rookie year.

Having your 2nd rd pick make zero contributions in year 1 is a tough pill to swallow, especially in a deep DE class like this.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Yeah. In the case of an achilles tear, chances are he plays zero snaps his rookie year.

Having your 2nd rd pick make zero contributions in year 1 is a tough pill to swallow, especially in a deep DE class like this.

Well not only that, he was a flash in the pan at Michigan. Looked good this past season but that’s all. One year production and played opposite of potential #1 overall pick (which I hate to hold against him but I must take it into account) so the guy is already a risk. Add an Achilles tear and I am out

• Like 1

14 hours ago, time2rock said:

Guaranteed 2nd round pick. 

2 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

I’m not sure Sidney Jones is a good comparison. I think Sidney was just soft. He would’ve sucked injury or not. 

Look at Cam Akers, he came back in the same year after tearing an Achilles. Today’s surgeons and therapists are amazing. These injuries used to be career ending. I wouldn’t be afraid to take a chance on him. 

I’d pick him in the 3rd, after adding an edge in the first, terrible news for Ojabo. I don’t remember all the details, but college game day did a story on him and his mother’s journey from Nigeria to Scotland, basketball to football, etc. He’s a player I’d root for whether in midnight green or not…

15 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

His raw talent and 1 year of production was already putting him as a borderline 1st in my mind. Now he is definitely a 2nd rounder. If the eagles want him, trade down or out of 1st to gather a 1st next year, maybe a 2nd or so for this year and get him with a high to mid 2nd rounder. Eagles definitely cannot draft him in the top 20 now with the injury

I agree - could be a blessing for us to get him later while picking up a pick. Heck, you could go with a DE like Johnson, Karlaftis or Walker or possibly .thinedoux with a trade up in the first to fill the need, then trade back with one of our firsts to have another second and an extra high pick next year and if Obajo is available with one our seconds, you take him so in 2023 you have a DE rotation of the future with Johmson/Karlaftis/Walker, Obajo and Sweat and you get an extra high pick for next year in case we need a QB or are still absorbing all the dead cap money Howie saddled us with. 

Another idea would be to take swing DL Wyatt in the first and Obajo in the second and have Wyatt play DE for a year or two then have rotate/replace Cox at DT. 

• Like 2

I'm not so sure he falls all the way to our 2nd round pick. If he did, I would have no issue taking him there. We wouldn't need him to start right away, but getting a player of his potential with a #2 is worth the wait. 

• Like 2

I was already out on him because of the Reddick signing - awful break though. I figure somebody will grab him in the 2nd - bummer he can’t go back to school for a medical redshirt or something.

On 3/18/2022 at 12:28 PM, time2rock said:

Howie might be the only person who was happy he got hurt, cause now he can wait to draft him. 

• Like 1

Some guys that get injured in the pre-draft still work out really well as picks.

Guys with that super high upside to be special at times are worth gambling on - don't think Titans are complaining about Jeffery Simmons. Of course sometimes you whiff out e.g. Sidney Jones. Ojabo has the sort of the upside that I can live with a rookie year right off. I no longer want him at 15 or 16 but OK with the Eagles taking a flyer on him at the back end of Rd 1 following a trade down or trade up in Rd 2. Luxury of multiple picks is you can use one of them on a guy who has a really high upside if things work out, even if its a bit of a flyer compared to some other prospects.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2022 at 7:04 PM, philafan4o8 said:

Yes

On 3/20/2022 at 5:47 AM, EazyEaglez said:

Howie might be the only person who was happy he got hurt, cause now he can wait to draft him. 

So, what's the all-hurt draft look like.

1: Kyle Hamilton (Achy Knee)

1: Derek Stingley (Lisfranc)

1: Jameson Williams (ACL)

2: David Ojabo (Achilles)

3: Carson Strong (Frankenstein Knee)

4: Damone Clark (Herniated Disc)

Not too bad... maybe get some healthy players in the 5th.

6: Punter

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

So, what's the all-hurt draft look like.

1: Kyle Hamilton (Achy Knee)

1: Derek Stingley (Lisfranc)

1: Jameson Williams (ACL)

2: David Ojabo (Achilles)

3: Carson Strong (Frankenstein Knee)

4: Damone Clark (Herniated Disc)

Not too bad... maybe get some healthy players in the 5th.

6: Punter

Howie all broken team.