Jordan Howard Likely OUT Against Giants (Knee Sprain)

SPIDER-MAN

it's not about "giving up" on Sanders, but more about his style of running being less effective without a consistent N-S option behind that line extending possessions and beating the crap out of opponents behind that line to soften them up.

Do you see Miles pounding the rock to keep drives alive, or being just as willing to cede control of the ball and clock more often in the hopes of "breaking the big one?"

Remember:  at this point Philly only has 2 possible options downfield (Dallas/Devonta)

Hope Hurts stays healthy,  and Scott is able to do the heavy lifting.

1 minute ago, jsdarkstar said:

Yep. The turnover battle is often the key to beating the Giants. Howard will be missed, I just hope Sanders/Scott get more carries than Hurts. He worries me. That cut he made last week could have resulted in a knee injury. 

I think it did for the defender. 😂🤣😂 All joking aside I don’t see Hurts taking a lot of punishing hits from the defense. In fact some of the bigger hits he’s taken have been while he’s in the pocket. Admittedly I don’t want to see him gettin 18 carries again in a game, but he’s a football player. He could get hurt just sitting in the pocket. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think it’s wrong to point out a legit concern nor am I saying I want Sanders gone either. It’s something he definitely needs to clean up in his game. He has fumble issue. Also I didn’t even add the receptions of Henry and Howard to the list, and if I did that would create the disparity even more. Either way as you say he’s still under 100 touches by a lot. He needs to get better at ball security and believe me teams will be punching at that ball, because they know he tends to be lose with it. Turnovers are killers in football. It doesn’t matter how dynamic Sanders is or can be if he’s giving the ball to the other team. 

There's nothing wrong with pointing out a concern, but this all started with this reaction. Do you agree with this sentiment?

My point is I don't care if Sanders has 100 "near fumbles" if in the end he only has 1. Turnovers are bad and his fumble was a turnover. We won the game. This was Sanders first game back after not practicing for 3 weeks. The fumble and the 4th qtr run out of bounds were two mistakes he needs to clean up. That's what coaches are for. I look forward to seeing how he responds. 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

There's nothing wrong with pointing out a concern, but this all started with this reaction. Do you agree with this sentiment?

My point is I don't care if Sanders has 100 "near fumbles" if in the end he only has 1. Turnovers are bad and his fumble was a turnover. We won the game. This was Sanders first game back after not practicing for 3 weeks. The fumble and the 4th qtr run out of bounds were two mistakes he needs to clean up. That's what coaches are for. I look forward to seeing how he responds. 

My sentiment is what I wrote about it and that it shouldn’t be minimized as no big deal he’s fumbling. I agree with the idea that the coaches need to clean it up though. I don’t like the idea some people have I’ve getting rid of Sanders. He’s a home run threat when he touches the football. Going out of bounds did irk me though. He has to play much smarter than that. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

My sentiment is what I wrote about it and that it shouldn’t be minimized as no big deal he’s fumbling. I agree with the idea that the coaches need to clean it up though. I don’t like the idea some people have I’ve getting rid of Sanders. He’s a home run threat when he touches the football. Going out of bounds did irk me though. He has to play much smarter than that. 

I just think he does things that can hurt this team. He lost a fumble and was lucky not to lose another. And then late in the game he didn't stay in bounds and that's after he did that twice against Carolina. He's absolutely a home run threat but maybe he needs to be taken out of the game in the key moments? I.e. not when we are within our own 20 and not late in the game. 

51 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I just think he does things that can hurt this team. He lost a fumble and was lucky not to lose another. And then late in the game he didn't stay in bounds and that's after he did that twice against Carolina. He's absolutely a home run threat but maybe he needs to be taken out of the game in the key moments? I.e. not when we are within our own 20 and not late in the game. 

I thought Sirianni handled Sanders well. After the fumble he went back to him even though he almost fumbled again and when he stepped out of bounds (not a smart move) he took him out. Now that Howard is out we are back to the back group from the beginning. We shall see what happens if Sirianni goes back to that early offense or will he keep running the ball. Either way I feel like we will once again see more work put on Hurts, because a lot of the players on the offense can’t be counted on. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I thought Sirianni handled Sanders well. After the fumble he went back to him even though he almost fumbled again and when he stepped out of bounds (not a smart move) he took him out. Now that Howard is out we are back to the back group from the beginning. We shall see what happens if Sirianni goes back to that early offense or will he keep running the ball. Either way I feel like we will once again see more work put on Hurts, because a lot of the players on the offense can’t be counted on. 

Teams will keep trying to stop the run anyways. Let him throw it on them then. Time to show he is ready to do it all.

18 minutes ago, Infam said:

Teams will keep trying to stop the run anyways. Let him throw it on them then. Time to show he is ready to do it all.

Yeah I’m not ready to say that. To me the Eagles offense is suffering from two fatal flaws right now. One is their quarterback and his inconsistency as a passer and the second is a lack of talent from the other receiver options. I don’t think this team is going anywhere by having Hurts throwing it 30-40 times a game again. For the record I didn’t think it was a good idea to be throwing that much over the past three years either. The formula to win was shown during the Super Bowl season and even that Green Bay game a few years ago. Run the ball with punishing backs and game management from the quarterback. Now that doesn’t mean the quarterback can’t make plays though. That drive by Hurts at the end of the Saints game was big time with his arm and his legs. He still has to have that ability which he’s shown he does, but going back to 30-40 passes just led to stalled drives. I don’t think he nor the guys not named Goedert and Smith are ready for that yet. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He still has to have that ability which he’s shown he does, but going back to 30-40 passes just led to stalled drives

Yeah it makes no sense to go back to that. Look teams are going to try and take away the run game but it isn't that easy. Our OL is so good that teams aren't going to just be able to shut it down. Mix in a QB who's an exceptional runner and that makes it even more difficult for opposing defenses to stop our run game. This offense just needs to keep doing that. Some games Hurts may need to throw 25 times, other games perhaps under 20. But going up to 30? Yeah that would be a mistake. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah it makes no sense to go back to that. Look teams are going to try and take away the run game but it isn't that easy. Our OL is so good that teams aren't going to just be able to shut it down. Mix in a QB who's an exceptional runner and that makes it even more difficult for opposing defenses to stop our run game. This offense just needs to keep doing that. Some games Hurts may need to throw 25 times, other games perhaps under 20. But going up to 30? Yeah that would be a mistake. 

25 should be about the limit this team should want their quarterback to throw regardless if it Hurts or by some chance Minshew got out there. The run game behind this offensive line needs to be center stage. It’s going to be harder without Howard out there for sure. This run game isn’t the same without his punishing runs, but I would still rather see carries by the rest of the backs mixed with runs by Hurts than back to 40 passes again. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

25 should be about the limit this team should want their quarterback to throw regardless if it Hurts or by some chance Minshew got out there. The run game behind this offensive line needs to be center stage. It’s going to be harder without Howard out there for sure. This run game isn’t the same without his punishing runs, but I would still rather see carries by the rest of the backs mixed with runs by Hurts than back to 40 passes again. 

Oh without doubt! And look I think Hurts is a weapon but you don't want him passing too much. It isn't his game end of. This team needs to establish the run and in turn that will help the pass game and pass protection. 

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

You 2 keep saying the same thing in agreement to each other over and over just saying it in a different way each time. Mix it up a bit and argue about something to get some variety! Lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You 2 keep saying the same thing in agreement to each other over and over just saying it in a different way each time. Mix it up a bit and argue about something to get some variety! Lol

Hey cut me some slack! I’m leaving the Beanbaggers alone today. 😂🤣😂