GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants, 11-28-21 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I would imagine any HC would love a great aerial assault. It didn't work earlier in the year putting 80% on the offense on Hurts' arm, and we did a 180 and went to a run heavy attack. I can't know what's in Siri's head, but maybe he wanted to put some more back on Jalen's plate knowing the Giants were down some DBs and the Giants just aren't good. Looks like the ground game is our best shot going forward.

I think you're right. There's no way to know except to do it and observe the result. Give Siri credit, he was willing to try and switch back when he didn't get the desired result. Some coaches -- I think I remember we had one -- that once they decided on a course of action they stuck with it no matter the result.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That might be true... But we need to build to be better than just above .500.

For a rookie HC hired to manage a kitchen fire of a team, that is pretty damn good

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yes we need to determine what we have in Sirianni. Which goes back to my point about the issue we have. Through 12 weeks we still don't know. 

Pretty solid assessment of the entire team. All we do know is right now they’re a 5 win team. Now look at the roster as a whole. How many of these guys start on other teams? Maybe 9-10 of 22? How many drafted all pro level players? It’s hard to evaluate Sirianni with the roster in its current state, but Howie has an opportunity to improve things with the draft and via free agency. 

The Eagles lost the turnover battle 4-0 and only lost the game because a WR dropped back-to-back touchdowns in the final 30 seconds. It’s almost impossible to be in a game when you’re -4.

The Giants only totaled 264 yards of offense.

The QB was abysmal and the Eagles deserved to lose this particular game. That being said, we just saw they are a much better football team than the NYG. This is just how it goes sometimes.

13 minutes ago, Miami said:

That’s about right.  Maybe they thought Hurts was ready for more.  Oops.

But how do you know if you don't try? I guess this year is still about figuring out what they really have, sneaking into the playoffs would be an unexpected bonus.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Reagor ain't open and even if he is you ignore him and go for someone who's covered.

After this game ended the way it did I 50 percent agree. Still can't blame the QB because a player whose job it is to catch footballs cannot catch.

3 minutes ago, SB52 said:

The Eagles lost the turnover battle 4-0 and only lost the game because a WR dropped back-to-back touchdowns in the final 30 seconds. It’s almost impossible to be in a game when you’re -4.

The Giants only totaled 264 yards of offense.

The QB was abysmal and the Eagles deserved to lose this particular game. That being said, we just saw they are a much better football team than the NYG. This is just how it goes sometimes.

Eagles lost because Reagor is the worst player in the league. By a lot. Yes they made other mistakes but he is the single reason they lost. He dropped like 3 balls, 2 of which could have won the game.

2 hours ago, goeagles5039 said:

Teams -4 in the turnover battle don’t win football games but we could have.

Exactly. Hurts was bad but reagor dropped two balls at the goal line.

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I'm sorry, I just can't discount 8 additional TD's and 600+ yds

I wasn't either. In the middle of getting today's stats, I had to stop to take care of some stuff here. Since I was 95% finished adding today's passing numbers in, I finished that and posted it. Otherwise, I'd have added all of the numbers in.

Though, personally, when comparing QB to QB, I only look at passing stats. You wouldn't compare Vick's running stats to Brady's. Running is a completely different skillset and isn't required to be a good QB. The same can't be said for passing. 

But my intention was to get all of the stats that you had posted and update them with today's numbers. It's just that more important things came up and I had to stop to take care of things. 

2 hours ago, Philthy Jawn said:

I swear, witnessing the temper tantrums on this board regarding Hurts today...as if this has never happened to another quarterback.  As if all young, inexperienced quarterbacks don't have to overcome very significant struggles.  As if the even best quarterbacks don't have games like today's.

My god, do some of you even watch NFL games beyond the Eagles?!

Im sure they do watch beyond eagles, but misery enjoys their company.

2 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

So Howie can draft another bust like Reagor or Dillard. 

Dillard isnt a bust. Its just that Mailata is better.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

1st and 10, go to Reagor deep. Ok fine, not the wisest but sure. 3rd and 10, go to Reagor. 4th and 10 go to Reagor. What the actual F! 

Hes an nfl wr. Its his job to catch and how will you ever know he can be a go to guy if hes not targeted?

Im no fan of reagor. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok so at this point... What do we think Sirianni wants his offensive scheme to be? 

I think we saw it at the beginning of the season and in the beginning of this game. At least Siri adjusted before it was too late in this game. We should have been able to pass it against the Giants but our receivers are average, at best, and Hurtz is not capable of compensating for that in any way other than with his legs. At this point I believe Hurts is destined to be a backup, but that doesn't mean I think an upgrade at QB is a priority. I think we can improve more next year with upgrades elsewhere. That also doesn't mean we build around Hurts. Hurts needs to adapt, not the other way around. A running QB with little passing ability doesn't get you to where you need to be no matter who you have around them.

12 minutes ago, Thing3 said:

I think we saw it at the beginning of the season and in the beginning of this game. At least Siri adjusted before it was too late in this game. We should have been able to pass it against the Giants but our receivers are average, at best, and Hurtz is not capable of compensating for that in any way other than with his legs. At this point I believe Hurts is destined to be a backup, but that doesn't mean I think an upgrade at QB is a priority. I think we can improve more next year with upgrades elsewhere. That also doesn't mean we build around Hurts. Hurts needs to adapt, not the other way around. A running QB with little passing ability doesn't get you to where you need to be no matter who you have around them.

I’m fine with using the next draft next year to improve the roster and come back and reassess QB in 2023, in part because the QB class is somewhat weak. But if they do that, they better flip one of the first into a first in 2023.

Hurts hasn’t shown enough so far in my opinion to give you comfort so you want extra assets going into 2023 draft. If he somehow manages to really develop next year as a passer, no worries - keep improving the rest of the roster. 

4 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

I watched Reagor drop two perfectly thrown balls that would’ve won the game. You’re just a Hurts hater. 

I like how you try to label a person with YOUR label. It didn't stick, butt wipe. I have backed Hurts all the way up until this game. You want that as your QB, fine. He truly is a running back- that's ALL he can do. That was one of the worst performances I have ever seen at the QB position. Take your lame "Hurts Hater" label and shove it. It will never stick to me. I don't like him now because he is not a QB. He truly is a running back. He can't even get to his second read. One and run. By the way, Smith freaked out, because he was WIDE OPEN and Hurts never threw it to him. Smith was pissed. You call me a hater, I call you a Hurts nut hugger, so that's that. 

3 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

What are you watching? Hurts gave Reagor two perfect balls in that situation and he dropped them both. The first one hit him in the helmet. Hurts did his job at the end. Reagor failed him. 

Smith freaked out and threw his helmet- he was WIDE OPEN and Hurts was too stupid to throw it to him. Smith lost it. If your #1 WR says you are stupid n suck, there must be some truth there. Smith is a pro and knows, you are a Monday morning QB twho thinks he knows better than a pro who was pissed at Hurts. I'll take Smith's perspective over yours 10/10. 

What was I watching? I was watching what Smith was watching.

5 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

I like how you try to label a person with YOU label. It didn't stick, butt wipe. I have backed Hurts all the way up until this game. You want that as your QB, fine. He truly is a running back- that's ALL he can do. That was one of the worst performances I have ever seen at the QB position. Take your lame "Hurts Hater label and shove it. It will never stick to me. I don't like him now because he is not a QB. He truly is a running back. He can't even get to his second read. One and run. By the way, Smith freaked out, because he was WIDE OPEN and Hurts never threw it to him. Smith was pissed. You call me a hater, I call you a Hurts nut hugger, so that's that. 

Hurts, as well as the rest of the team, did not have a good game. Siri , before he readjusted late, was also trying to call mostly throwing plays, trying to get away from the Run and what got him ahead during the last few games. The whole team lacked energy. Bad Game.

6 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Hurts, as well as the rest of the team, did not have a good game. Siri , before he readjusted late, was also trying to call mostly throwing plays, trying to get away from the Run and what got him ahead during the last few games. The whole team lacked energy. Bad Game.

This is false. Eagles had 33 rushing attempts, and 31 passing attempts.  The last possession was 8 consecutive passes, you do the math.

6 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

I don't think Siri adjusted too late. We should have been able to have success with the pass against this team and I don't fault Siri for at least trying to see if we could.

1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

Eagles lost because Reagor is the worst player in the league. By a lot. Yes they made other mistakes but he is the single reason they lost. He dropped like 3 balls, 2 of which could have won the game.

Completely wrong, they lost because they have no qb

2 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

I disagree. A pocket passer who is mobile (like Rodgers) is a completely different thing from a running QB. One has thrown himself out of trouble nearly all of the time in his career, while the other has run himself out of trouble nearly all of the time in his career. When defenses take away the run, the running QB fails. A hyper accurate passer will win in today's NFL a lot more than the less accurate running QB, like Hurts.

You actually just agreed lol. I didn't say anything about a running QB.

I didn’t think it wasn’t true at first, but this dude actually did close his eyes. 🤦🏾‍♂️

F21173E2-9BA3-424E-8CFF-79208A16184E.jpeg

4 hours ago, proveagle said:

I made that comment due to the one pass where receiver was wide open after the break and Hurts threw it late and safety came in to break it up.  I agree receivers sucked on that drive.  Frankly I don’t put all the passing game problems on Hurts nor do I hate him.  His problem is not his arm.  His problem is in his head.  He hasn’t developed his ability to process the passing game with multiple reads and throw with anticipation.  He also doesn’t take his easy check downs.  Both of those can be developed. He still hasn’t played a full season and I guess I have more patience than most here.  QBs are hard to find and the 2022 class isn’t good.  They need another WR and another bruiser back, draft for D and work with Hurts in passing game in off season.

I’m with you on hurts I can’t stand him and if you read through all my posts for the last three months when everybody’s been on his balls I’ve been saying he’s not an NFL quarterback I actually think he would be one of the best running backs in the league if he switch positions no joke. He is not an NFL quarterback however that last drive he legitimately throw two touchdown passes that were dropped and the drive before he was leading another great drive and they had a fumble. At some point when every one of your running backs have fumble problems you have to go to the running back coach and wonder what the hell he’s doing in teaching?

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I didn’t think it wasn’t true at first, but this dude actually did close his eyes. 🤦🏾‍♂️

F21173E2-9BA3-424E-8CFF-79208A16184E.jpeg

You know it’s bad when you’re praying you had Nelson Aguilar back

Archived