GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants, 11-28-21 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

On 11/28/2021 at 8:10 PM, olsilverhair said:

Completely wrong, they lost because they have no qb

Oh I'm pretty sure they have a quarterback, he just isn't capable of doing what they ask of him. He can runz lotz though.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Unfortunately there isn’t much the coach can do with the roster he’s been given. 

True. This year is for finding out who can do what and who needs to go. Players are being discovered that are getting better (Taylor, Lane, etc) while others are getting exposed, usually repeated mistakes that they are not or will not (won't take coaching, think their way is better, even though they suck). Exposed examples...

• Sanders will go out of bounds at the end of games and stop the clock, when the team is trying to RUN OUT the clock. Very basic stuff, yet he continues to do it. I am not saying he totally sucks, but he is being exposed as either un-coachable, or just a pretty dumb player. He needs to do those basic pee wee football thing on a regular basis.
  • Hurts appears to have a weak arm, throws a lot of fluttery balls that are hard to catch, constantly throws behind his wr's, is a "one and run QB" who never even see's wide open second or God forbid- 3rd options. Everyone in the NFL is now going to try to force him into his biggest weakness- passing. He is taking a beating as a runner now. Cheap shots are coming to make him think twice about running. A QB's biggest strength should be passing 1st, running when necessary. He has it backwards thus far and it seems that's all he is going to be. He just isn't an NFL passing QB at this point. He is not "the guy" after all these games. Great runner, but... sigh. I wanted him to succeed.
  • Reagor may not even be an NFL player much longer- he is that bad. Is it possible to be worse than Agholor? Yes, and we may be looking at it. Dumb player, low football IQ, can't catch, is WAY slower than he was in college. He is the slowest "fast guy" I have ever seen.
  • This is just a quick sample ( I gotta go get stuff done) This is what THIS season is. You can play or nay. That's all this year is. And we watch as some rise, some sink.

I know you have your own guys who are showing they can play and have a future here on your lists, and those that are showing they need to be shown the door. let me know what your views are on who is sinking and who is swimming, if you have the time to. 
    Thanks for reading (and posting)

6 hours ago, Talonblood said:

True. This year is for finding out who can do what and who needs to go. Players are being discovered that are getting better (Taylor, Lane, etc) while others are getting exposed, usually repeated mistakes that they are not or will not (won't take coaching, think their way is better, even though they suck). Exposed examples...

• Sanders will go out of bounds at the end of games and stop the clock, when the team is trying to RUN OUT the clock. Very basic stuff, yet he continues to do it. I am not saying he totally sucks, but he is being exposed as either un-coachable, or just a pretty dumb player. He needs to do those basic pee wee football thing on a regular basis.
  • Hurts appears to have a weak arm, throws a lot of fluttery balls that are hard to catch, constantly throws behind his wr's, is a "one and run QB" who never even see's wide open second or God forbid- 3rd options. Everyone in the NFL is now going to try to force him into his biggest weakness- passing. He is taking a beating as a runner now. Cheap shots are coming to make him think twice about running. A QB's biggest strength should be passing 1st, running when necessary. He has it backwards thus far and it seems that's all he is going to be. He just isn't an NFL passing QB at this point. He is not "the guy" after all these games. Great runner, but... sigh. I wanted him to succeed.
  • Reagor may not even be an NFL player much longer- he is that bad. Is it possible to be worse than Agholor? Yes, and we may be looking at it. Dumb player, low football IQ, can't catch, is WAY slower than he was in college. He is the slowest "fast guy" I have ever seen.
  • This is just a quick sample ( I gotta go get stuff done) This is what THIS season is. You can play or nay. That's all this year is. And we watch as some rise, some sink.

I know you have your own guys who are showing they can play and have a future here on your lists, and those that are showing they need to be shown the door. let me know what your views are on who is sinking and who is swimming, if you have the time to. 
    Thanks for reading (and posting)

Barnett is easily one of the dumbest players on the roster. Just so many bad penalties. I know injuries are a part of football, but it just seems like Howie’s guys are always on the slab. Not for nothing but how many times did people say Wentz needed to be more careful with the football and his health and he basic dismissed all of it? Just feels like Howie drafts far too many injury prone and stubborn/stupid players who tend to put their own interest before the team. Howie has a place in this league I believe, but talent evaluator isn’t that place. 

27 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Barnett is easily one of the dumbest players on the roster. Just so many bad penalties. I know injuries are a part of football, but it just seems like Howie’s guys are always on the slab. Not for nothing but how many times did people say Wentz needed to be more careful with the football and his health and he basic dismissed all of it? Just feels like Howie drafts far too many injury prone and stubborn/stupid players who tend to put their own interest before the team. Howie has a place in this league I believe, but talent evaluator isn’t that place. 

If Lurie would just keep Howie out of all personnel decisions, and let him go what what he is good at, he would have the best of both worlds. Not fire him and get better player at the same time. 

4 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

If Lurie would just keep Howie out of all personnel decisions, and let him go what what he is good at, he would have the best of both worlds. Not fire him and get better player at the same time. 

For Howie to somewhat swindle his way into 3 first round picks is highly commendable, but if those picks turn into Jalen Reagor, Andre Dillard, and Derek Barnett version 2 it’s kind of pointless. 

Archived