JuJu Smith-Schuster (Steelers WR) -- SIGNED WITH KANSAS CITY

Ray75

You trying to show me up @Ray75? šŸ˜”I came in here to start this thread since I forgot yesterday. Good thing I scrolled through before I created another one lol.Ā 

I'm all for the Eagles signing him. Was surprised he turned down a 3 year deal from us in the off-season to go back on a 1 year deal with the SteelersĀ 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Godfather said:

I'm all for the Eagles signing him. Was surprised he turned down a 3 year deal from us in the off-season to go back on a 1 year deal with the SteelersĀ 

If he turned down a 3 year deal with us last year then I'm not sure he's about to sign with us this offseason? But I would really like this team to add him.Ā 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If he turned down a 3 year deal with us last year then I'm not sure he's about to sign with us this offseason? But I would really like this team to add him.Ā 

Weā€˜ve been a mess last year. If we make the playoffs this year our chances to sign FAs will increase.

Always liked Juju. Heā€˜s a good receiver.. with some annoying drops from time to time. Heā€˜ll fit right in. šŸ˜„

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I like the move. They tried before. Might as well try again.Ā 

Exactly! šŸ‘ŠšŸ»

Sorry it's a no for me, he's essentially a slot receiver who's coming off shoulder surgery which means his value is impossible to gauge and I get the feeling his heart wouldn't really be in it anywhere but Pittsburgh.

• 2 months later...

According to ESPN'sĀ Jeremy Fowler, the longtime Pittsburgh Steelers wideout is expected to draw interest from the Philadelphia Eagles, Kansas City Chiefs, Chicago Bears and Jacksonville Jaguars.

Re-signing in Pittsburgh is also a possibility.Ā 

would like it but i know the chiefs made an offer last year and if the offers are close i would pick KC

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

would like it but i know the chiefs made an offer last year and if the offers are close i would pick KC

Agreed JuJu would probably prefer to go to KC.

10 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Agreed JuJu would probably prefer to go to KC.

I'm not sure he's what we need anyway. I mean yes he's a very good WR and so yes of course he would be a good addition... But he's not an X.

no but heā€™s a much better slot then we have for the right price he is an upgradeĀ 

4 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

no but heā€™s a much better slot then we have for the right price he is an upgradeĀ 

Yeah very true he is... And look Slot is a very productive position just look at the Rams with Kupp.Ā 

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah very true he is... And look Slot is a very productive position just look at the Rams with Kupp.Ā 

with all the people trashing hurts i think throwing those bubble screens and things like that to JuJu and him picking up 8-10 yards could serve us very well.

20 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

with all the people trashing hurts i think throwing those bubble screens and things like that to JuJu and him picking up 8-10 yards could serve us very well.

They could yes... But let's not forget that Hurts doesn't throw a lot to the middle of the field and he's not very good at throwing over the middle.Ā 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not sure he's what we need anyway. I mean yes he's a very good WR and so yes of course he would be a good addition... But he's not an X.

Agree to disagree.

What we need most IMO is a reliable slot, someone who can moveĀ the chains, someone who complements Smith perfectly. And yes, we could definitely use a big bodied pass catcher on the perimeter too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Agree to disagree.

What we need most IMO is a reliable slot, someone who can moveĀ the chains, someone who complements Smith perfectly. And yes, we could definitely use a big bodied pass catcher on the perimeter too.

With a QB who doesn't see the middle of the field very well?

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He might be an X. He played a lot of slot but heā€˜s no pure slot like others.

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Just stop. You should be smarter than parroting the BS here.

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

He might be an X. He played a lot of slot but heā€˜s no pure slot like others.

Just stop. You should be smarter than parroting the BS here.

But it is the reality here. Hurts doesn't use the middle of the field well.Ā 

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But it is the reality here. Hurts doesn't use the middle of the field well.Ā 

If you say so.

36 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ā 

16 minutes ago, Infam said:

If you say so.

Whether or notĀ Jalen can improve in year 3 and is the future beyond this season is a whole other discussion IMO.

You need playmakers on both sides. Eagles need to give Hurts every opportunity this year.

Around this time next year we might be talking about Jalen definitely not being the guy and Eagles looking to trade up for a QB.

Whoever that may be, he needs weapons and another go to guy like JuJu will definitely help.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Ā 

Whether or notĀ Jalen can improve in year 3 and is the future beyond this season is a whole other discussion IMO.

You need playmakers on both sides. Eagles need to give Hurts every opportunity this year.

Around this time next year we might be talking about Jalen definitely not being the guy and Eagles looking to trade up for a QB.

Whoever that may be, he needs weapons and another go to guy like JuJu will definitely help.

Exactly!Ā  Just because you may still have questions about Hurts (rightfully so, and "you" as in the Eagles)Ā should in no way stop you from adding talented playermakers where there is a need (and WR is still a major need)Ā ... that's ridiculous.Ā  A QB needs weapons, whether that is Hurts (likely in 2022) or someone new (in 2023 and beyond ... heck, possibly even 2022).Ā Ā 

• Like 2

market got a little smaller with chark off the board still a few wrā€™s iā€™m interested in letā€™s make something happenĀ 

@Ray75Ā every FA WR thread I've started as been a failure. Hopefully yours isn't. I have hope still, Allen RobinsonĀ