Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner (Cincinnati CB) -- DRAFTED BY N.Y. JETS #4

D-Shiznit

Todd McShay: It's hard to find another college corner who is trusted on an island in press-man coverage as much as "Sauce" Gardner. The 6-foot-2, 188-pounder's 321 such snaps this season lead the nation by 61. And despite that big ask, Gardner has yet to allow more than 13 yards in a single game this year.

Love from what I have seen from him this year. He's tall, long armed, has great footwork, and is a feisty competitor.

His 1v1 match-up against Jameson Williams in the semi-finals will be a showdown to watch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Love from what I have seen from him this year. He's tall, long armed, great footwork, and is a feisty competitor. His 1v1 match-up against Jameson Williams in the semi-finals will be a showdown to watch.

CB is absolutely a long term need for this team. Slay is having a very good year and Nelson has been a decent #2 but they do need to add in the draft. 

I'm higher on Gardner than Stingley.   Stingley's recent injury history is concerning.

I'd love to get some Sauce on our team. Think he would work well with our defensive scheme and is my ideal CB target for one of the Rd1 picks

this is my first pick in round 1 if we can't land one of the top 3 edge rushers. then BACKER.

On 12/15/2021 at 3:14 AM, D-Shiznit said:

Love from what I have seen from him this year. He's tall, long armed, great footwork, and is a feisty competitor.

His 1v1 match-up against Jameson Williams in the semi-finals will be a showdown to watch.

FFS.  He hasn't allowed more than 13 yards receiving against him in any game?  How the Hell does that happen?

Yeah, his matchup vs Williams will be very interesting.  If he can corral him then either him or Booth with our first 1st Round pick (if there's no prime DEs and Hamilton is gone) would be fine.

• Like 1

Booth and Sauce have roughly the same draft grade as of right now. So unless Sauce gets baptized by Jameson Williams in the semis, the 40 yard dash will be tie-breaker between the two.

• 2 weeks later...

Cincinnati has treated us well - I’m looking forward to the playoff to see if Sauce is as grabby as some think.

watched him the other day as well as previous games... very impressed with him.. wouldn't be upset if we could get him.

Sauce, Ojabo and a 2023 Rd 1 pick is my realistic dream scenario for the first three picks!

• Like 2

On 12/29/2021 at 10:00 AM, Waiting4Someday said:

Cincinnati has treated us well - I’m looking forward to the playoff to see if Sauce is as grabby as some think.

I was unable to watch the game ... how did he fare?

17 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I was unable to watch the game ... how did he fare?

Bama ran the ball and stayed away from him from what I saw - he didn't follow Jameson around, setup on the QB's front side each play.  Wasn't particularly physical in run support - I'd call his pass coverage handsy rather than grabby (maybe an issue with the ticky-tacky referee types, most days not problem).

Good day for watching RBs, Ford or Robinson would fit in here.  I like Ford better, due to the versatility/long speed/runs mostly out of the shotgun, etc. but Robinson is a grinder.  Bama DL/OL keeps rolling.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 7:43 PM, CaliEagle said:

I'm higher on Gardner than Stingley.   Stingley's recent injury history is concerning.

i like gardner more too

3 hours ago, kentwo said:

If the sauce is there, you gotta take him. Unfortunately, I see more and more mocks having him go in the top ten.

My gut says he won’t go top 10 but will go before 15 but even if he oldies slide to 15 we won’t go CB … I am 95% sure Howie will go DE there (or QB if a guy he likes falls).  I can see us going CB with 19 but am further guessing that the choices then will be Booth (who I like quite a bit) and McCreary.  

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

My gut says he won’t go top 10 but will go before 15 but even if he oldies slide to 15 we won’t go CB … I am 95% sure Howie will go DE there (or QB if a guy he likes falls).  I can see us going CB with 19 but am further guessing that the choices then will be Booth (who I like quite a bit) and McCreary.  

I also think he'll be gone before 16.

Interestingly, during the season I'd see Elam mentioned as a first round CB, now Kiper and others have him ranked closer to the 10th at his position. What happened to him? I don't follow Florida football enough to know.

Different names for me at least, as the mix of top DL have changed value wise (high ceiling guys leap frogging high floor guys like GK). Still wanting a S and WR in FA - the QB draft situation isn’t doing us many favors (either for candidates of our own, or pushing other prospects down to us). Given that Lloyd can stay on the field for 99% of defensive snaps, maybe this will be the year. Mathis is a good consolation for not getting JD99 (for me at least). Likely is a good all around TE for 12 personnel and can step in if Goedert gets dinged. Pierce, big slot with nice speed. Tycen has the tools, but needs to be developed - STer at least. Ford, feel like with his breakaway speed and hard running, will be gone in the 3rd… but we’re having fun. Volson is kicking butt at the shrine, and appears to have G/T versatility Stout likes. There’s the logic…

E1A1DF8E-A6DF-4E46-9BBF-4F9D5C56210F.jpeg

• Like 1

Starting to really look like if the Eagles were to want Gardner, they will have to trade up to get him.  He's starting to look like he will be the first CB off the board, before Stingley.  

4 hours ago, EaglesAddict said:

Starting to really look like if the Eagles were to want Gardner, they will have to trade up to get him.  He's starting to look like he will be the first CB off the board, before Stingley.  

I'd take Stingley, when physically available.

6 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I'd take Stingley, when physically available.

If Stingley doesn't go top 10, I definitely don't see him getting past Baltimore at 14.  If the Eagles want to take a CB, they'll likely be choosing from Booth, McCreary or McDuffie.  And if all 3 are on the board at 15...and they have them all graded equally, they could take 2 other prospects at 15 and 16 then take whomever is there from those 3 at 19 because one of them will be guaranteed to be there.

38 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:

If Stingley doesn't go top 10, I definitely don't see him getting past Baltimore at 14.  If the Eagles want to take a CB, they'll likely be choosing from Booth, McCreary or McDuffie.  And if all 3 are on the board at 15...and they have them all graded equally, they could take 2 other prospects at 15 and 16 then take whomever is there from those 3 at 19 because one of them will be guaranteed to be there.

McCreary took a hit with the short arm measurement - didn't seem to affect his level of play at Auburn, but might be the negative versus an equally graded prospect, idk I'm still fine with him.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, EaglesAddict said:

Booth is my favorite of those that are more realistic targets (assuming both Stingley and Gardner are gone before 15 ... safe assumption on the former, perhaps not the latter).  I'd be ecstatic to land Booth at 19 and would feel good about McCreary there as well.  Want nothing to do with McDuffie.  

• Like 1

Daniel Jeremiah had him ranked #5 on his Top 50 that was released 4 days ago. There’s still plenty of time to go, but have to wonder if he’ll even be available at this point. Going to need a few QB to go before us to help us out a bit.