Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner (Cincinnati CB) -- DRAFTED BY N.Y. JETS #4

D-Shiznit

The 40 yard dash impacts the CB position more than any other, if he runs a slow time, he will fall.

On the other hand, if he runs a good time, he'll be the first CB off the board.

• Like 1

would love to have him but don’t see it anymore daniel jeremiah has him ranked 5th overall.

Ahmad Gardner

Cincinnati · CB · Junior

Gardner is a tall, long cornerback with elite movement skills and toughness. In press coverage, he uses his length to successfully re-route wideouts. He has abnormal fluidity for such a huge cornerback (6-3, 200). He can completely open his hips to mirror and match underneath. He’s rarely out of position, but if it happens, he has an incredible burst to recover. From off coverage, he is fluid and explodes out of his plant and drive. He has natural ball skills; he can find it and play it. His overall awareness is excellent. He is very willing as a run defender and blitzer. Although he'll miss an occasional tackle, the aggressiveness and want-to are easy to identify. Overall, Gardner has a unique skill set for his size, and I see similarities to four-time Pro Bowler Antonio Cromartie coming out of Florida State

Would love to have this player on the Eagles.  If you had to make a list of players you hope fall to our picks at #s 15 & 16 he'd be 1 of the 2 I'd put at the top of the list.  Sadly, I think he is shooting up teams' big boards and could go in the top 10 as CB is still one of the more valued positions with QB, DE, and OT.  IMO, the way the game is played now FS should be right there with them.

On 2/5/2022 at 8:06 AM, time2rock said:

Booth is my favorite of those that are more realistic targets (assuming both Stingley and Gardner are gone before 15 ... safe assumption on the former, perhaps not the latter).  I'd be ecstatic to land Booth at 19 and would feel good about McCreary there as well.  Want nothing to do with McDuffie.  

I agree with you.  McDuffie, for what it's worth, is Jeremiah's 13th overall rated prospect right now on his top 50 list.  Says he's "one of the safest players in the draft".  I don't know enough about him myself, but I'm always hesitant on PAC 12 players and Sydney Jones left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • PHI
    Derek Stingley Jr.
    CB LSU

• PHI
    Ahmad Gardner
    CB Cincinnati

• PHI
    Daxton Hill
    S Michigan

• PHI
    Chad Muma
    LB Wyoming

• PHI
    Nik Bonitto
    EDGE Oklahoma

• PHI
    John Ridgeway
    DT Arkansas

On 2/6/2022 at 6:19 PM, Green_Guinness said:

Would love to have this player on the Eagles.  If you had to make a list of players you hope fall to our picks at #s 15 & 16 he'd be 1 of the 2 I'd put at the top of the list.  Sadly, I think he is shooting up teams' big boards and could go in the top 10 as CB is still one of the more valued positions with QB, DE, and OT.  IMO, the way the game is played now FS should be right there with them.

Yeah, I think he goes top 10 at this point, likely the 1st CB off the board, but strange things do happen on draft day and it's not out of the realm of possibility that he could fall to 15 if there's a run on other positions like QB, DE, WR, etc...

On 12/19/2021 at 8:58 PM, Green_Guinness said:

FFS.  He hasn't allowed more than 13 yards receiving against him in any game?  How the Hell does that happen?

Yeah, his matchup vs Williams will be very interesting.  If he can corral him then either him or Booth with our first 1st Round pick (if there's no prime DEs and Hamilton is gone) would be fine.

It happened because of competition.

My picks would be Hill, Booth and either LB or DE and the other LB or DE in the 2nd.

Unless he runs a 4.5 or something, he'll be the 1st CB off the board.

The consensus is pretty much set about him over Stingley.

39 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Consensus by draft pundits.  We have no idea what those pulling the strings for their teams are thinking.  

It is going to be fun to watch where he goes as well as the other top CBs.  Perhaps one of them falls to us.  Then everyone freaks out when Howie takes McDuffie or Bryant!  :lol:

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

Daxton Hill is said to runs a 4.27 40, has a  43'' vertical, plays corner as well as safety.....and he's a hitter!!

Most importantly, he's likely to be there when the Eagles pick.

On 2/7/2022 at 7:10 AM, EaglesAddict said:

I agree with you.  McDuffie, for what it's worth, is Jeremiah's 13th overall rated prospect right now on his top 50 list.  Says he's "one of the safest players in the draft".  I don't know enough about him myself, but I'm always hesitant on PAC 12 players and Sydney Jones left a bad taste in my mouth.

PAC 10 playersare SOFT, right @PoconoDon?

Perfect draft scenario (should we not make a trade and keep all our 1st Round picks) is someone drafts Drake London ahead of us so Howie doesn't make a worse mistake than drafting JJAW in the 2nd Round, Gardner falls to us and Howie doesn't try to be the smartest guy in the room for a chance and runs to the podium to draft him, and one of Ojabo/Johnson/Walker is there for us for a DE/EDGE then we take Hill at 19.  I think most of us would fire one off like Ron Jeremy if that happened.

Ahmad Gardner
    CB Cincinnati

• PHI
    Jordan Davis
    DT Georgia

• PHI
    Nakobe Dean
    LB Georgia

• PHI
    Malik Willis
    QB Liberty

• PHI
    Boye Mafe
    EDGE Minnesota

• PHI
    James Cook
    RB Georgia

• PHI
    Bryan Cook
    S Cincinnati

• PHI
    Cole Strange
    OG Chattanooga

• PHI
    Cole Turner
    TE Nevada

• PHI
    Jake Camarda
    P Georgia

pfn-logo-results-420x50-black.png
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bleed Green said:
    Ahmad Gardner
    CB Cincinnati

• PHI
    Jordan Davis
    DT Georgia

• PHI
    Nakobe Dean
    LB Georgia

• PHI
    Malik Willis
    QB Liberty

• PHI
    Boye Mafe
    EDGE Minnesota

• PHI
    James Cook
    RB Georgia

• PHI
    Bryan Cook
    S Cincinnati

• PHI
    Cole Strange
    OG Chattanooga

• PHI
    Cole Turner
    TE Nevada

• PHI
    Jake Camarda
    P Georgia

If we take Willis at 51 I think it'd be time for me to retire as a fan

7 hours ago, Bleed Green said:
    Ahmad Gardner
    CB Cincinnati

• PHI
    Jordan Davis
    DT Georgia

• PHI
    Nakobe Dean
    LB Georgia

• PHI
    Malik Willis
    QB Liberty

• PHI
    Boye Mafe
    EDGE Minnesota

• PHI
    James Cook
    RB Georgia

• PHI
    Bryan Cook
    S Cincinnati

• PHI
    Cole Strange
    OG Chattanooga

• PHI
    Cole Turner
    TE Nevada

• PHI
    Jake Camarda
    P Georgia

Guess we’d have to change our name to the Philaelphia Bulldogs?

On 3/6/2022 at 9:15 AM, Bleed Green said:
    Ahmad Gardner
    CB Cincinnati

• PHI
    Jordan Davis
    DT Georgia

• PHI
    Nakobe Dean
    LB Georgia

• PHI
    Malik Willis
    QB Liberty

• PHI
    Boye Mafe
    EDGE Minnesota

• PHI
    James Cook
    RB Georgia

• PHI
    Bryan Cook
    S Cincinnati

• PHI
    Cole Strange
    OG Chattanooga

• PHI
    Cole Turner
    TE Nevada

• PHI
    Jake Camarda
    P Georgia

Too late to take an Edge rusher for my liking. That should be priority number one in this draft. 

On 2/27/2022 at 3:07 AM, Green_Guinness said:

PAC 10 playersare SOFT, right @PoconoDon?

Perfect draft scenario (should we not make a trade and keep all our 1st Round picks) is someone drafts Drake London ahead of us so Howie doesn't make a worse mistake than drafting JJAW in the 2nd Round, Gardner falls to us and Howie doesn't try to be the smartest guy in the room for a chance and runs to the podium to draft him, and one of Ojabo/Johnson/Walker is there for us for a DE/EDGE then we take Hill at 19.  I think most of us would fire one off like Ron Jeremy if that happened.

My belief is that the PAC-12 generates a disproportionately high number of Mr. Softees. Not all players from those schools are soft, but far too many are and fail in the NFL.

• Like 1

As much as I hope I’m wrong I don’t see us getting him without trading up. I’d prefer we stay put.

13 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

My belief is that the PAC-12 generates a disproportionately high number of Mr. Softees. Not all players from those schools are soft, but far too many are and fail in the NFL.

^^^^

THIS

• 2 weeks later...

Pauline reported the Birds have a top-30 scheduled with Gardner

34 minutes ago, BigEd76 said:

Pauline reported the Birds have a top-30 scheduled with Gardner

guess they are preparing to use 2 #1’s to trade up and get him… don’t see him making it out of the top 10 but if he does we should be on it.

4 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

guess they are preparing to use 2 #1’s to trade up and get him… don’t see him making it out of the top 10 but if he does we should be on it.

Dont think he drops to us but if hes there at #15/#16, I'd be running to the podium

17 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

I think this is more just doing due diligence in the event he falls to say 11 ... do you swing a deal with say pick 83 to jump up a couple spots to get him (in much the same way we used our 3rd last year to move up a couple spots to grab Smith).  

• Like 2

On 3/25/2022 at 12:36 PM, Cheesteakitis said:

This would be a really bad move imo in the eagles trade two 1st to move up. They should be able to make it to 8-10 with #15, #51, and maybe a late rounder or a 2023 mid to late pick.

I would like sauce but not if we have to give up a couple of picks to move up. Think we need to stay put and take bpa. Build out our roster, especially after a quiet free agency.