Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner (Cincinnati CB) -- DRAFTED BY N.Y. JETS #4

D-Shiznit

On 3/26/2022 at 11:18 PM, philafan4o8 said:

This would be a really bad move imo in the eagles trade two 1st to move up. They should be able to make it to 8-10 with #15, #51, and maybe a late rounder or a 2023 mid to late pick.

I think it is extremely unlikely they do that.  This is a team that hasn't used a single first round pick on a CB in 20 years ... have to believe that there is virtually no way they are all of the sudden going to use TWO first round picks to take ONE CB.   

Now if he falls to 11 or 12 and we can add our 3rd to move up to get him, that would seem much more likely.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2022 at 9:02 AM, time2rock said:

I think it is extremely unlikely they do that.  This is a team that hasn't used a single first round pick on a CB in 20 years ... have to believe that there is virtually no way they are all of the sudden going to use TWO first round picks to take ONE CB.   

Now if he falls to 11 or 12 and we can add our 3rd to move up to get him, that would seem much more likely.

I’m not so sure we can use the "haven’t taken this or that position in X years” narrative this time. When was the last time we had 3 first round picks? Just by default we might end up taking a position we don’t normally. 

that being said I agree and hope we don’t use multiple firsts to go get a cb. Or really any player. This draft is deep and our team isn’t. I want us to use all 3 picks.

29 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

I’m not so sure we can use the "haven’t taken this or that position in X years” narrative this time. When was the last time we had 3 first round picks? Just by default we might end up taking a position we don’t normally. 

that being said I agree and hope we don’t use multiple firsts to go get a cb. Or really any player. This draft is deep and our team isn’t. I want us to use all 3 picks.

I'm not using that narrative to say they won't use a 1st on a CB because we haven't done so in 20 years (in fact I think the opposite that we will use a day 1 pick on one).  I'm saying I find it highly unlikely we use another 1st to move up for one (using two 1st rd picks to get a CB).  

• Like 1

It hasn't been all that many years since all the "We never take (_____) in the 1st" talk included WRs.  So it's possible, with 3 1st Round picks that we was a CB, a S, or even a LB.  But using two 1st Round picks to get one CB would be foolish.  It'd be a poor use of resources.  Just be conscious of the team needs and play the Board.  There will be guys there.

26 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

It hasn't been all that many years since all the "We never take (_____) in the 1st" talk included WRs.  So it's possible, with 3 1st Round picks that we was a CB, a S, or even a LB.  But using two 1st Round picks to get one CB would be foolish.  It'd be a poor use of resources.  Just be conscious of the team needs and play the Board.  There will be guys there.

I wouldn't be on board with using two 1sts. A 2nd rounder I'd be a lot more tempted though if he drops far enough.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the value chart, it would take #15, #51 and #83 to get to #6 but we’ll probably have to overpay to get there. Two first is too rich though.

Remember; Ruhle is on the hot seat, Panthers likely want to take a QB but are not feeling comfortable taking one at #6 and Carolina doesn’t own a 2nd and 3rd rounder this year.

I believe they want to trade down cause 1) they still can get a QB they like in the middle of the first; 2) they desperately want to recoup some of the picks they lost in the Darnold trade.

So...if the Eagles want to trade up for Gardner, #6 is the sweet spot IMO.

Remember...it was rumored not that long ago the Panthers were interested in Minchew? Eagles could include him in the deal! And how about Dillard? Panthers need a LT too.

Maybe #15, #51 and Dillard or Minchew might get it done?

• Like 1

I‘d love to have Gardner but giving up a second in this draft pains me.

Wish Roseman would find some value magic to get him another way.

14 minutes ago, Infam said:

I‘d love to have Gardner but giving up a second in this draft pains me.

Wish Roseman would find some value magic to get him another way.

I’d happily give up a second for a blue chip corner!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Especially with that extra first round pick. If you told me we could come away with Sauce and a DL or WR in the first then I'd be happy with that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Completely agree. If I am eagles if Stingley or Sauce fall between 8-10 you have to call and be willing to trade 15, 51 and potentially 101 to go up and get one of them. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ray75 said:

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Especially with that extra first round pick. If you told me we could come away with Sauce and a DL or WR in the first then I'd be happy with that. 

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

Completely agree. If I am eagles if Stingley or Sauce fall between 8-10 you have to call and be willing to trade 15, 51 and potentially 101 to go up and get one of them. 

I’d probably give up a second to get Sauce. Then try and get a second or third back by trading down with 18. 

Stingley I wouldn’t give up more than a third to move up for with his injury history.

• Like 3

This guy might be the one that I'd trade up for.  Him, or maybe Hamilton.  That's it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

This guy might be the one that I'd trade up for.  Him, or maybe Hamilton.  That's it.

I'd be reluctant to give up our second, BUT if we could get Sauce and Howie was pretty confident about being able to trade down with 18 and pick up at least an extra third and possibly a second I would do it.

I'd give up a third to get Stingley, Hamilton or Johnson.

1 hour ago, ilikepargo said:

Why do some of u like hamilton? I don't get it...pure box safety if i ever seen one. 

On 4/23/2022 at 2:30 PM, NITEF4LL said:

Why do some of u like hamilton? I don't get it...pure box safety if i ever seen one. 

Box safety? Lmao

On 4/23/2022 at 12:58 PM, ManchesterEagle said:

I'd be reluctant to give up our second, BUT if we could get Sauce and Howie was pretty confident about being able to trade down with 18 and pick up at least an extra third and possibly a second I would do it.

I'd give up a third to get Stingley, Hamilton or Johnson.

I trade any short of 2 first rounders to move up for only Sauce and Stingley. I give up a 1st and 3rd to secure Garrett Wilson if possible. Outside of those 3, let the board fall how it may all the way to 15 and 18

On 4/23/2022 at 3:30 PM, NITEF4LL said:

I’ve seen plenty of your posts to be able to say with 💯 confidence your evaluation ‘skills’ suck.  

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I’ve seen plenty of your posts to be able to say with 💯 confidence your evaluation ‘skills’ suck.  

Lol ok this post will be a ITYS in a couple years. Cause apparently, you've hit all picks over the years 😂