Jameson Williams (Alabama WR) -- DRAFTED BY DETROIT #12

Godfather

He's starting to become my draft day crush. If the Eagles trade down with one of their 1st rd picks and he's there, I'm all for it. Yea yea yea. Not another 1st rd wr blah blah blah. Reagor sucking could make it possible

On 12/16/2021 at 9:59 AM, Godfather said:

He's starting to become my draft day crush. If the Eagles trade down with one of their 1st rd picks and he's there, I'm all for it. Yea yea yea. Not another 1st rd wr blah blah blah. Reagor sucking could make it possible

Unfortunately the Reagor debacle makes this feasible, one thing is for sure, Williams is damn good.......Williams, Watkins, and Smith would be something to fear. 

I'm not against a wr in the first at all... We need someone to compliment Devonta Smith... Reagor is not that guy... My thing is I don't want to see them target a small fast receiver or just someone who is fast I'd prefer a bigger go up and get the ball type of player... I don't know if he is first round worthy but I like the kid out of Arkansas Treylon Burks

9 minutes ago, Aspiritfall said:

I'm not against a wr in the first at all... We need someone to compliment Devonta Smith... Reagor is not that guy... My thing is I don't want to see them target a small fast receiver or just someone who is fast I'd prefer a bigger go up and get the ball type of player... I don't know if he is first round worthy but I like the kid out of Arkansas Treylon Burks

I like Bell in the 2nd if that is the type they look for.  However, I have zero problem with them taking another route technician with elite speed like Dotson or Williams.  Offense is much easier for young QBs when they can throw to guys who get clear separation on a regular basis (like Smith) vs big body guys that are more about contested catches.  If they get a big body it needs to be someone who can also run great routes and get separation.

3 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

Burks is going to be good

Id rather have Treylon Burks if they want a late round round 1st/early 2nd round WR. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Definitely liking Trayvon - especially after watching the game last night (SF/TEN). 

F81D3208-F2E7-4E53-B187-6F8D995D3C20.jpeg

There seems to be a couple of picks missing from that mock.  We should have 3 picks in the 5th round (our own, one from Washington from a 2021 draft day trade, and one from Arizona for Ertz).  And even though we dealt our own 6th for Minshew, we acquired 2 picks in that round (one from Indy for Pryor and our 7th, one from NYJ for Flacco - the latter one was conditional that could have became a 5th depending on the amount of his play time in NY).  

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

There seems to be a couple of picks missing from that mock.  We should have 3 picks in the 5th round (our own, one from Washington from a 2021 draft day trade, and one from Arizona for Ertz).  And even though we dealt our own 6th for Minshew, we acquired 2 picks in that round (one from Indy for Pryor and our 7th, one from NYJ for Flacco - the latter one was conditional that could have became a 5th depending on the amount of his play time in NY).  

I just cut it off at the 5th for the whole brevity thing. Ideally, we draft some more Polynesian rugby players in the late rounds for Stout.

• Haha 1

On 12/24/2021 at 2:52 PM, Waiting4Someday said:

Definitely liking Trayvon - especially after watching the game last night (SF/TEN). 

F81D3208-F2E7-4E53-B187-6F8D995D3C20.jpeg

I don't like the Davis pick. He's better suited for a 3-4

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

I don't like the Davis pick. He's better suited for a 3-4

Or a team who wants to run multiple fronts while having their safeties play 20 yards away from the LOS?  I think this was idea behind the 6th rounder from USC, but he wasn’t any good.

42 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Or a team who wants to run multiple fronts while having their safeties play 20 yards away from the LOS?  I think this was idea behind the 6th rounder from USC, but he wasn’t any good.

He's played 2 games. He was more of depth/project pick

3 hours ago, Godfather said:

He's played 2 games. He was more of depth/project pick

If you believe there is a Zimmer-Gannon connection in terms of scheme/personnel look at the DT depth chart over at the Vikings.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Milkman420 said:

I would risk a second on him still. 

No doubt

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Starting to get a feeling Eagles will draft him

WR in the first/second round is certainly a possibility with how these free agents are getting paid. Bringing back Greg Ward is a solid insurance policy in case we can't find a veteran WR bargain late in free agency. At the very least, he gives us someone that is more reliable than Jalen Reagor to man the WR3 spot.

Part of me wonders though if the team is leaning towards bringing in a bigger WR to complement Smith and serve as a redzone threat. They have spent a lot of time with Treylon Burks from Arkansas, with Aaron Moorehead leading his workout at his Pro Day, and also interviewed both Drake London and Justyn Ross at the Combine. To be fair, they did also talk to Skyy Moore and Williams as well, so it's not like they're exclusively looking at bigger WRs.

We have been historically bad as a franchise when it comes to drafting WRs early, but we did manage to draft DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin in back to back draft classes in 2008-2009, so it's not impossible for lightning to strike twice again. We did get burned in 2019-2020 with JJAW and Reagor. However, we at least know that Devonta Smith is a legitimate WR1 and this is another solid WR draft class.

9 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

WR in the first/second round is certainly a possibility with how these free agents are getting paid. Bringing back Greg Ward is a solid insurance policy in case we can't find a veteran WR bargain late in free agency. At the very least, he gives us someone that is more reliable than Jalen Reagor to man the WR3 spot.

Part of me wonders though if the team is leaning towards bringing in a bigger WR to complement Smith and serve as a redzone threat. They have spent a lot of time with Treylon Burks from Arkansas, with Aaron Moorehead leading his workout at his Pro Day, and also interviewed both Drake London and Justyn Ross at the Combine. To be fair, they did also talk to Skyy Moore and Williams as well, so it's not like they're exclusively looking at bigger WRs.

We have been historically bad as a franchise when it comes to drafting WRs early, but we did manage to draft DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin in back to back draft classes in 2008-2009, so it's not impossible for lightning to strike twice again. We did get burned in 2019-2020 with JJAW and Reagor. However, we at least know that Devonta Smith is a legitimate WR1 and this is another solid WR draft class.

The fact they tried to trade for Ridley tells me they want to make a splash on the WR position asap. But with the WR market in FA there is no way they pay that type of money to a vet WR. Williams is not small but not as big as London or Burks. I believe is easily better than both and can be the X for our team. London and Burks worry me with their limited route tree. Especially London, has bug bust potential and reminds me of Whiteside coming out of Stanford. Doesn’t get a lot of separation on his routes. Getting separation translates to the NFL more than being a 50/50 ball guy in college. With Wilson, Olave or Williams I think the eagles solidify the WR position for the next decade

• Like 3

I'm also not as high on Drake London, but I do like Treylon Burks upside.

You do make a valid point though, if you're going to bet on a skillset translating to the NFL, route running and ability to separate translates better than winning 50/50 jump balls.

I wouldn't be opposed to Wilson, Olave or Williams if we can't land a veteran WR.

6 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

The fact they tried to trade for Ridley tells me they want to make a splash on the WR position asap. But with the WR market in FA there is no way they pay that type of money to a vet WR. Williams is not small but not as big as London or Burks. I believe is easily better than both and can be the X for our team. London and Burks worry me with their limited route tree. Especially London, has bug bust potential and reminds me of Whiteside coming out of Stanford. Doesn’t get a lot of separation on his routes. Getting separation translates to the NFL more than being a 50/50 ball guy in college. With Wilson, Olave or Williams I think the eagles solidify the WR position for the next decade

I want nothing to do with London.  If having to choose between he and Burks I'd take the latter 8 days/week.  But also not as high on him as some others are (even though he seems to be a decent complement to Smith).  I think Wilson is the better overall prospect but his skill set does seem to be a bit redundant with what Smith offers.  Is having 2 Smiths on the outside a bad thing?  Then maybe add a more physical presence in the slot?  

• 3 weeks later...