GDT: New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles, 12-26-21 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

15 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

It's just sad this guy gets injured every single game he plays. Every game. I know he can't control most of it, but dayum, he is cursed.

It’s disappointing because it seems he’s just not durable enough to be counted on as a full time back. He’s talented when he plays, but he just has too many drawbacks. If the Eagles give him an extension I hope they realize he needs to be a rotational guy and not the main guy. 

16 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s disappointing because it seems he’s just not durable enough to be counted on as a full time back. He’s talented when he plays, but he just has too many drawbacks. If the Eagles give him an extension I hope they realize he needs to be a rotational guy and not the main guy. 

If it was only durability.. but his hands are average at best too.

12 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/eagles-miles-sanders-x-rays-025610466.html

Yahoo reporting Miles could have a broken hand. Not good. 

I assumed this was the case when he didn't return. If it was just anything else he probably would have taped up and sent back in.

Just now, Infam said:

If it was only durability.. but his hands are average at best too.

He also does have fumble concerns as well. I like the player and his career YPC is pretty darn good, but there are just so many drawbacks. 

1 minute ago, Thing3 said:

I assumed this was the case when he didn't return. If it was just anything else he probably would have taped up and sent back in.

Yeah it’s a possibility both guys could be out for a while. We will see. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

He also does have fumble concerns as well. I like the player and his career YPC is pretty darn good, but there are just so many drawbacks. 

Yeah it’s a possibility both guys could be out for a while. We will see. 

I like Sanders too, yet I can’t help feeling good every time he gets replaced by Howard. Not saying he isn’t limited too, but it is how it is.

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

I like Sanders too, yet I can’t help feeling good every time he gets replaced by Howard. Not saying he isn’t limited too, but it is how it is.

Yeah but even Howard has his drawbacks. His Eagles career has been filled with injuries too. People ask what could’ve been if the Eagles ran the ball sooner, but judging how both guys lack durability it seems like they just would’ve gotten injured sooner. 

Did Siri say anything about the poor offensive performance in the beginning of the game yesterday?  There were terrible of drops and bad throws.

6 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

Did Siri say anything about the poor offensive performance in the beginning of the game yesterday?  There were terrible of drops and bad throws.

Every week fans complain about the First Quarter, not realizing there are 3 more quarters to go. People need to relax and not go berserk in the first quarter. The Eagles won the game in a blow out.

22 hours ago, brkmsn said:

That would be great!

I sure do hope not.   He seems to really be a good human being, with the way he handled the Logan Ryan situation, but being a good human being does not mean you should be a football head coach.

19 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Every week fans complain about the First Quarter, not realizing there are 3 more quarters to go. People need to relax and not go berserk in the first quarter. The Eagles won the game in a blow out.

That's fine against weak teams.  Against better teams they might not come back.  And starting poorly in the 1st quarter is a problem any team should address.  

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

That's fine against weak teams.  Against better teams they might not come back.  And starting poorly in the 1st quarter is a problem any team should address.  

This team has struggled to put complete games together for at least three years now. Slow starts and great finishes or the other way around. Not sure why this team always seems to have this problem, but they have been struggling with it for years.

On 12/27/2021 at 12:05 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah, it sucks that he's just not durable, but it could just be a string of bad luck - I mean, look at Barkley for the Giants.  I just hope this team isn't stupid enough to let Howard go again, or to put him on the practice squad.

2 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Yeah, it sucks that he's just not durable, but it could just be a string of bad luck - I mean, look at Barkley for the Giants.  I just hope this team isn't stupid enough to let Howard go again, or to put him on the practice squad.

Barkley seems like a shell of his former self. He seems to completely lack any burst now. That’s the bad side of committing to these backs for long term deals. One bad injury and it’s over. 

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Barkley seems like a shell of his former self. He seems to completely lack any burst now. That’s the bad side of committing to these backs for long term deals. One bad injury and it’s over. 

I’ve been thinking the same, especially with Barkley.  Dude was unstoppable his first season.  This past game?  Total non-factor.  The injury definitely rocked his effectiveness.

Archived