Your Most Memorable Concerts

Alpha_TATEr

I haven’t seen many bands live.  My favorite concert was seeing New Found Glory play at Drexel.  The drummer gave me his drum sticks after their set.

A memorable, not in a great way, was when I went with my (then girlfriend) now wife in LA when I lived out there, to see Backstreet Boys.  Very small venue, which was odd and awkward.  The memorable thing about it was that all of the women there had bulky purses that they paid no attention to at all.  If I was a thief, I’d have made out like a bandit taking so much from the purses they were holding.

David Gilmour, Madison Square Garden.  Highly doubt I ever top that show. There's something really indescribable about seeing Pink Floyd performed live in that kind of environment.

setlist-image-v1?id=1bf19d64

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Stones/ Foreigner / Peter Tosh JFK Stadium - June 1978

Springsteen Madison Square Garden September 1979

Big Audio Dynamite Trocadero 1988

The US Festival San Bernadino

Blue Oyster Cult / Sanford Towsend / Crack the Sky   Spectrum 1978?? John Lennon sang ' I am the Walrus' with Crack the Sky

24 minutes ago, Gamblers said:

Big Audio Dynamite Trocadero 1988

The US Festival San Bernadino

yes, please.

I know they are only a cover band, but if you have a chance to go see "get the led out", don't miss it. I saw them a few years ago at the then electric factory, and what an amazing show, 2 1/2hrs of zeppelin that sounds very close to the real thing.

also, lucky for us that night, ted nuggent's original singer, derek st holmes showed up and they played stranglehold & dog eat dog.

My most memorable concerts are concerts that I didn't go to. One that I didn't go to, and one that never happened.

I wanted to go see Elvis at the Capital Centre in Landover, MD on May 22nd, 1977 (when I was 8 ). My father couldn't get tickets but said that he'd take me the next time Elvis came to Maryland. Of course, Elvis died fewer than 3 months later. 

Live Aid - JFK Stadium

Yes - 90210 - Spectrum (only time I've sat front row)

Gheorghe Zamfir - Flutepocolypse Tour - Gerber Patio & Landscape Center Spring Spectacular Clearance Sale & Parking Lot Funfest

• 2 weeks later...

Roxy Music 1975 University of Md.  Student Union

Little Feat 1977 Warner Theatre 

Wishbone Ash 1974 Warner Theatre

Rather spend my money on recorded music and now I don’t have to with YouTube downloader. If I was back around DC, 9:30 Club is my type of place, artists on the way up and on the way down

On 5/13/2020 at 10:05 PM, DEagle7 said:

David Gilmour, Madison Square Garden.  Highly doubt I ever top that show. There's something really indescribable about seeing Pink Floyd performed live in that kind of environment.

He didn't do Murder?  I always liked that solo album from him.

In 87, I saw Floyd at JFK on the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour.  Pretty cool experience for a 15 year old.  Saw them again a few years later at the Vet for The Division Bell tour.

No Waters obviously but still pretty great shows, particularly the JFK show.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pink-floyd/1987/john-f-kennedy-stadium-philadelphia-pa-3d6153b.html

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pink-floyd/1994/veterans-stadium-philadelphia-pa-5bd76784.html

As far as memorable goes, Woodstock 99.

1:25 of this video was insane - I never saw a crowd move like that

21 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

He didn't do Murder?  I always liked that solo album from him.

In 87, I saw Floyd at JFK on the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour.  Pretty cool experience for a 15 year old.  Saw them again a few years later at the Vet for The Division Bell tour.

No Waters obviously but still pretty great shows, particularly the JFK show.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pink-floyd/1987/john-f-kennedy-stadium-philadelphia-pa-3d6153b.html

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pink-floyd/1994/veterans-stadium-philadelphia-pa-5bd76784.html

i had a chance to go to that 87 show and didn't because of being pigheaded over no roger waters. i still regret that decision to this day.

• 2 years later...

so, went to a couple of concerts over the summer and took my 15yr old.

first we saw chris stapleton at hershey park. man what a great show, there basically zero difference between the live show and the album, sound wise. a couple of the songs had a slightly different twist, but that's to be expected. my only complaint was that he didnt play his cover version of metallica's nothing else matters. 

two weeks after that we were over in camden seeing nas, wu-tang & busta rhymes. hands down, one of the best concerts i have ever gone to. there was no real headliner. they each came on did some songs and then would switch off and also did a couple crossovers. so damn good. 

Seen B B King 5 times over the years.  He had Lucille ripping at State Theater in Easton. Caught one of his shows about a year before he passed.  Just sat in chair with band doing the heavy work, but he could still play.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 12:42 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

Muse

Saw them at Electric Factory, Liacouras, and Wells Fargo center. Always a great show and they go over the top with their lighting affects. 

Yeah, Muse puts on a great show. Nice guys too. My friends older brother was a roadie for them back in the day and I got to meet the band briefly. Pretty laid back, cool dudes.

• Like 1

Rush/Primus - My sister was on the UNC Gymnastics team and worked the gate for events at the Dean Dome.  She gave me a few old tickets to basketball games that no one used and me and my buddies would just find the gate she was working at, hand her the old tickets, and we were in like Flynn.  Of course we didn't actually have seats which could be problematic during sold out shows like this one.  Wasn't a problem during Primus, who I was unfamiliar with at the time.  We wandered in on the 2nd level and the arena was still almost empty when they went on so we sat in the front row.  Even though we were practically the only ones in there they tore it up.  One of the best live performances I've seen.  Rush was great too but we had to constantly move around because, like I said, no seats and the users kept running us off.

Primus - Lawrence Joel in Winston Salem.  I'd bought tickets for this one and specifically asked for floor seats, which they told me they'd sold me.  Got to the arena and found out that they were only selling the floor at the door and the seats that I bought were actually lower level.  We were pissed and weren't the only ones either because everyone in the lower level had thought that they'd bought floor seats too.  We were in our seats looking at the floor, which was practically empty, when a bunch of people hatched a plan to storm the floor, figuring they couldn't catch us all.  My buddies and I told them that we were in, but were going to let the other people lead the way, get caught, then we'd stroll down while security was dealing with them.  Right before they rushed the floor Les Claypool, apparently tired of playing to an empty floor, stopped the show and demanded that security let everyone who wanted to come down there.  We wound up right in front of the stage.  It was awesome.

Cornell solo at Croc Rock in Allentown. Must have played 2.5 hours and did solo stuff, Soungarden and Audioslave. Plus I caught a guitar pick he chucked after which I lost later that night.

Woodstock 99 

I know this type of music doesn't hold up today, but being in the crowd for this was absolutely insane (check out 1:25 of this video) 

Regular concerts probably goes to these:

And Social D opening up for Pearl Jam for the opening night of the last shows at the Spectrum

On 12/17/2022 at 7:08 PM, homerpat said:

Cornell solo at Croc Rock in Allentown. Must have played 2.5 hours and did solo stuff, Soungarden and Audioslave. Plus I caught a guitar pick he chucked after which I lost later that night.

i am beyond jealous. probably my favorite rock singer of all time and i never got to see him solo or with either group. 

2 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i am beyond jealous. probably my favorite rock singer of all time and i never got to see him solo or with either group. 

was a last minute go as well. Friend called and said hey they still have tickets. I’d love to say it was just ok, but honestly it was freaking awesome. Such a small venue and right by stage too. 

• 4 weeks later...

Bowie at Tower

Stones at Spectrum

Kinks multiple x

Alice Cooper hanging himself at Specrrum 

Toots & Maytals multiple x

Bob Marley at Tower

Supertramp at Tower

Clash at Hollywood Palladium

Ministry at Lollapalooza

Tex & Horseheads at Club Lingerie in Hollywood

Ten Years After, Moody Blues. Rod Stewart, Patti Smith, Springsteen, Elton John (first tour at original Electric Factory)

Many others at Soectrum and original Electric Factory and free concerts (Be-ins) at Fairmount Park

Countless 80s bands at Lhasa Club, Lingerie and other clubs in LA.

Once had dinner with Bjork (before she was famous) then watched her improvise vocals with a black jazz band
at a funky little club on Santa Monica Blvd.

Went to a private "invite only" concert by Beck

Once I was at the Kit-Kat Club, one of LA's many awesome strip clubs in the 80s, chatting up
a stripper and she invited me to come back on Sunday because they were starting something
new - having a rock band play live while they stripped. She said they were called the Red Hot Chili Peppers
,(this was before they were famous of course). Sadly, I didn't make that show.

yes I'm old but I had fun. and concerts were reasonably priced back in the day, not money grabs.

• Like 1

Pink Floyd at the vet (which was the last time they played in Philly I believe 1994 I think it was)

Further Fest (Black Crowes playing with Dead and Friends in an ultimate jam session)

Woodstock 99 (250,000 blood thirsty maniacs trying to kill me)

Billy Joel and Elton John at Citizens Bank Park

Queensryche performing "Operation Mindcrime” in its entirety (with Suicidal Tendencies opening)

Clash of the Titans (Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, Alice In Chains)

I had actually never seen U2. Saw them for the first time in 2017. Man they put on an amazing show.