Your Most Memorable Concerts

Alpha_TATEr

My very 1st concert was at the Spectrum.  The Cars opened for Foreigner. Their 1st album.  46 years ago.

I've probably been to 20 Blue Oyster Cult shows. Saw the Boss a few times.  His shows are always great, and he plays for 3+ hours. RIP Clarence.  Jungleland sax solo still gives me goose bumps.

Talking about smaller venues I saw Dave Mason in a bar in DE.  Eddie Money at the Stone Ballon, and my favorite was Joe Cocker at The Brandywine Club. I also saw Billy Joel Elton John at the Vet.  It was so great. Billy and Elton played the first date of their co-headlining Face 2 Face tour on July 8, 1994 at the 62,000-capacity Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia PA. That Veterans Stadium concert began a run of 21 sold-out performances in 13 cities and established a winning formula for all future Face 2 Face concerts. The duo last toured together in 2003.  

It was hot as F. 

In more modern times, I've been going to different venues with my daughter who is a huge Dave Matthews Band fan (she's closing in on 40 shows - just mildly obsessed).  The Gorge in Washington state is just stunning views and they run the venue pretty well.  He plays there every Labor Day weekend.  Having a glass of wine at Cave B Estate is probably the closet to heaven as I'll ever get.  I literally flew out on a Sat. night spent the night in Seattle and went out to meet her across the state (because she had to do all 3 shows) saw the Sunday night show, drove back to Seattle and flew home.  That's one way to avoid jet lag.   Alpine Valley in WI was the worst.  First of all, that's where Stevie Ray departed us. Second, it's in the middle of nowhere so we took a bus.  The parking lot is a field.  They have wreckers there constantly pulling these buses out of there.  The lighting isn't bright enough either.  I wonder how many have been hurt trying to get out after the shows.  All the shows and venues in NY state have been awesome.  SPAC in Saratoga Springs. St. Joe's amphitheater Syracuse, and Bethel Woods (Woodstock).  We also went to a festival in Asbury Park NJ which I'd never been.  It was the Boss's birthday so alot of the bands would do a cover during their set.  Marcus King Band is really good.  Lumineers were the headliner the 1st night and they absolutely killed it for me.  DMB headlined the 2nd night, and it was awful. There were some equipment/power issues going on. 

Last memorable recent show was Marshall Tucker and Lynyrd Skynyrd @ Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City 12.1.18. Mr. Di left toward the end, but we found him back at the hotel in the bar. There were 4 of us and we were a sight the next day.  Rough night.  It was worth it. 

• Like 2

On 1/15/2023 at 12:20 PM, Shepard Wong said:

Nice list.  Never saw the Maytals live but wish to hell I had.

Great band. Toots is aesome. I've seen them in small clubs, large halls and a free concert on Santa Monica Pier.

23 hours ago, DiPros said:

My very 1st concert was at the Spectrum.  The Cars opened for Foreigner. Their 1st album.  46 years ago.

that's awesome. i'm a big cars fan. 

Saw Page and Plant in I want to say '98.  Pre-gamed real hard.  Threw up after one song.  Passed out the rest of the show.

Saw Beck/311 in the late 90's.  Dropped acid and got into a fist fight with a girl.  I didn't hit her, I poured a beer on her head and then she punched me in the face repeatedly as a huge crowd gathered around us.

Phish in the Everglades on the turn of the millennium was incredible.

First Bonaroo was great.

1 hour ago, VanHammersly said:

Saw Page and Plant in I want to say '98.  Pre-gamed real hard.  Threw up after one song.  Passed out the rest of the show.

Saw Beck/311 in the late 90's.  Dropped acid and got into a fist fight with a girl.  I didn't hit her, I poured a beer on her head and then she punched me in the face repeatedly as a huge crowd gathered around us.

Phish in the Everglades on the turn of the millennium was incredible.

First Bonaroo was great.

Ohhh concert fights might deserve it's own thread! I got into a fight with a skinhead at a Gwar show at the Crowbar at Penn State back in the 90's. Good times. :afro:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Ohhh concert fights might deserve it's own thread! I got into a fight with a skinhead at a Gwar show at the Crowbar at Penn State back in the 90's. Good times. :afro:

:lol:  That's the only fight i could add to that thread.  The girl was a friend of mine and she had been sliding down a muddy hill.  She came over and hugged me and covered me in mud so I dumped my beer on her head and she just started wailing on me.  It was rough.

Not quite the same, but I did get robbed with what I'm almost certain was a finger after a Dave Matthews concert in high school (tripping on acid that time too).  Two dudes came up to us, one stuck his head in the car and started asking everyone in it if they'd pay him to defog the windows (not sure why we would pay someone to do that) and the other one dragged me to the side and robbed me with his finger in his jacket.  He could've been holding it out of his jacket at that point and chances are I would've handed my wallet to him.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, VanHammersly said:

I did get robbed with what I'm almost certain was a finger 

You & many other 18 year old girls in the 80s. 

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...

I didn’t know where to put this (that’s what she said). Floyd were definitely a couple of my most memorable concerts, and some of what I remember may have actually happened.

Just had another memorable one, and probably the absolute best of my life.  

Hard Rock Live Hollywood FL Mar 2nd-Eagles Long Goodbye tour with special guest Steely Dan.  

Got to our seats just a little late, missed Josie but heard some of Hey Nineteen.  Steely Dan's band and the Danettes (I'll have to look their names up) 3 gals and the horns were just awesome.  Played a 12 song set.

The Eagles have been starting out with Seven Bridges Rd. (acapella) so right out of the gate you can hear all of their voices and their harmonizing.  The sound in the place was great. Here's the rest of the set list:

Take it Easy

One of these Nights

Lyin' Eyes

Take it to the Limit

New Kid in Town

Witchy Woman

Peaceful Easy Feeling

Tequila Sunrise

In the City

I Can't Tell You Why

Life's Been Good

Already Gone

Boys of Summer

Funk #49

Life in the Fast Lane

Hotel California

Rocky Mountain Way

Desperado

Heartache Tonight

Vince Gill, Tim Schmidt, Deacon Frey, Joe, Don, the other lead guitar guy and the keyboard player----every one of them KILLED IT.

Had a great time. 

The Eagles to embark on ‘The Long Goodbye’ farewell tour with a stop in ...

• Like 2