Random shows thread

The_Omega

This threads for tv shows that you’ve watched, and feel compelled to tell us about, that aren’t on any of the major streaming services. I’ll start:

Joe Pickett - I tried to watch a couple of the ‘’Spectrum Original’’ series, and they were terrible. I mean really, really bad. So bad that I decided that I wasn’t going to waste any time on any more of them. Not sure why I decided to give this one a try, maybe it’s the whole Yellowstone thing going on. For whatever reason I did. This is not Yellowstone. Not even close. It’s not those other shows either, though. I mean, quite a bit about it is pretty bad, like the dialogue, and the acting, for starters. First, it’s apparently based off of a series of books, and it sounds like they took material directly from the books, and put it into the script, which usually doesn’t work. I liken it to Stephen King movies. What looks good on the page just doesn’t sound real on the screen. Weird names, weird phrases that real people just don’t actually say. Those add to the overacting that can be hard to look past. All of that said, though, it still works. When you put it all together, it was a fairly compelling, if ultimately predictable, story. If you’re looking for something to watch with the wife, watch Yellowstone. If you’ve already watched that, and have Spectrum cable, then you could do worse than this one.

ya wanna know what show i feel compelled to talk about that isnt on any streaming service? the drew carey show. loved it when i was a kid, would probably love it more now as an adult, but its no where to be found. <_< 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BFit said:

ya wanna know what show i feel compelled to talk about that isnt on any streaming service? the drew carey show. loved it when i was a kid, would probably love it more now as an adult, but its no where to be found. <_< 

Looks like you’d have to rent it.

Hightown. Two seasons on Starz. Nothing original, about some cops trying to take down a drug kingpin but entertaining enough and bewbs 

8 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Looks like you’d have to rent it.

only season 1 is avaible. ive never been able to find the whole series. im not even sure it was sold as dvds.

if we're talking old shows....watching the greatest american hero now isn't as fun as it was when i was a kid.  on the contrary, threes company is still f'n hilarious...especially the early seasons.  

On 1/15/2022 at 7:44 PM, NOTW said:

The Fall Guy.

Best theme song ever. 

29 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

if we're talking old shows....watching the greatest american hero now isn't as fun as it was when i was a kid.  on the contrary, threes company is still f'n hilarious...especially the early seasons.  

25 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

and i need to search for sledge hammer...i used to love that show. :lol:  

I watched all 3 of those shows.  All I can remember about the Greatest American Hero is him always falling into a dumpster.  Three's Company was great:  a man living with women.  Gasp!  Oh, it's ok because he's gay.  The 70s were wild.  Sledge Hammer, that was like a Dirty Harry spoof right?  That was pretty funny.

Random shows off the top of my head.

227 - gave us Jackay (or however you spell it)

Just the 10 of Us (spinoff from Growing Pains with the fat bald volleyball coach with 10 daughters)

There was a live action Spider-Man TV show that was pretty awful.

Mad About You - Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt.  Pretty funny relationship sitcom during the "must see TV" era on NBC with other hit shows that got the attention.

Gobots - the dollar store version of Transformers.

M.A.S.K. - cartoon with guys that put on these masks that could control vehicles, or something.  Trying to be like G.I. Joe.

That 80s Show - failed horribly at trying to the same format.  That 70s show was like Happy Days where it was set in that decade but was about the characters and stories, as if it were shot then.  That 80s show just tried to cram all the 80s elements into a blender and harp on nostalgia.  It was bad, but also too soon.  Other shows and movies captured 80s nostalgia better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 11:54 AM, NOTW said:

M.A.S.K. - cartoon with guys that put on these masks that could control vehicles, or something.  Trying to be like G.I. Joe.

That cartoon was awesome. And, the toy vehicles sold in stores were better than G.I. Joe at the time.  

17 minutes ago, Talkingbirds said:

Clutch Cargo.

can put space angel up there also; will never forget the popsicle stick cut out characters either from these shows. while the artwork for space angel was bad assed, you kids complaining about your dead fish eye stare in video games have nothing on these two shows and their expressionism .

MV5BNzFhOTBjMjMtNWVkYS00OTA5LWE2NzAtMjRi

now THAT'S a commander

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This probably doesn’t count but it’s so enjoyable I need to mention it. 

Curb your enthusiasm. I started it couple days ago, only about 5 episodes in, but it’s a fun one. Never really knew much about Larry David but I’m becoming a fan

6 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

This probably doesn’t count but it’s so enjoyable I need to mention it. 

Curb your enthusiasm. I started it couple days ago, only about 5 episodes in, but it’s a fun one. Never really knew much about Larry David but I’m becoming a fan

Best show on TV IMO. Middle seasons are amazing, but every season has a few gems. The Black swan is my favorite

On 1/20/2022 at 11:37 AM, What The F said:

Best theme song ever. 

I raise you one Greatest American Hero.

On 1/20/2022 at 11:15 AM, mr_hunt said:

Missed this comment. The show didn't age well at all. But the song was 🔥

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

I raise you one Greatest American Hero.

Never heard that song or saw that show.