Random shows thread

The_Omega

• 1 year later...

If you're into documentaries or WW2 shows there's an incredible one called DANCING IN THE FACE OF THE ENEMY on Tubi.
It's well worth enduring the commercials (and there aren't too many).

The subject is movie producer Gene Gutowski and how he outwitted the NSDAPs as a Jewish teenager in occupied Poland,
not only surviving the war but thriving. He's a very cool guy who went on to produce many excellent movies. If he'd been
born in England he could have been James Bond. I can't imagine why he didn't produce a dramatic feature film based
on his experiences. (He did win an Oscar for The Pianist.)

It should be required viewing in high schools today. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

watched some superstore over the weekend on hulu.  it's basically the office but set in a wal-mart type store. pretty funny show.  

• Like 1

Barney Miller. Funny, clean

Black sheep squadron 

5 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

Barney Miller. Funny, clean

Black sheep squadron 

you cannot miss for excellent writing, timing, humor with Barney Miller. Funniest all time scene is when they are stumped on trivia and look at Dietrich and for once he just looks at them with a ''what?'' look . Chickie (who is 10 years my jr) and i binge watched it back during the plague. 

Not necessarily random anymore but Jury Duty is friggen hilarious. Whoever came up with the concept couldn’t have imagined it would come out this good. 

• Like 3

I started watching "Heels". I still can't tell if I like it or not. 

Jury Duty really is a gem.  We have 2 episodes left and I don't want it to end.  I'll be a James Marsden fan after this.  He must be a pretty good d00de in real life because he had to know what a self-absorbed tool this was going to make him look like but he's all in.  Him clogging the toilet and jumping on the bed in the last episode were a riot. :roll: 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Watched the first episode of the 2nd season of Good Omens last night. Witty show and the two leads are really great together.

On 7/25/2023 at 5:40 PM, The_Omega said:

Jury Duty really is a gem.  We have 2 episodes left and I don't want it to end.  I'll be a James Marsden fan after this.  He must be a pretty good d00de in real life because he had to know what a self-absorbed tool this was going to make him look like but he's all in.  Him clogging the toilet and jumping on the bed in the last episode were a riot. :roll: 

He’s been on my Mount Rushmore of "done dirty” dudes in films, which is how I’ve known for like a decade that he doesn’t concern himself with how his on-screen performances make him look. 

9 hours ago, Agent23 said:

He’s been on my Mount Rushmore of "done dirty” dudes in films, which is how I’ve known for like a decade that he doesn’t concern himself with how his on-screen performances make him look. 

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

11 hours ago, Agent23 said:

youre-amazing-dude-wow.gif

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Lawmen: Lance Bass - Only 2 episodes released so far, but it’s been pretty good. Looking forward to watching the rest.

• 1 month later...

i'm contemplating a re-watch of Lost & watched most of the pilot ep this morning...but then i realized there are 121 episodes in total.  i love me some hurley kate but i can't do that!  :nonono:   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

i'm contemplating a re-watch of Lost & watched most of the pilot ep this morning...but then i realized there are 121 episodes in total.  i love me some hurley kate but i can't do that!  :nonono:   

pilot is great! 121 eps is not worth it tho!

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 7:02 PM, The_Omega said:

Lawmen: Lance Bass - Only 2 episodes released so far, but it’s been pretty good. Looking forward to watching the rest.

Glad it's over.  This one was not that good.  Oyelowo seemed to channel his inner Karl Childers for inspiration for the role of Bass Reeves.

49 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Glad it's over.  This one was not that good.  Oyelowo seemed to channel his inner Karl Childers for inspiration for the role of Bass Reeves.

Agreed - it was enough to hold my interest but the story wasn't really compelling in any way.  One of Sheridan's rare misses for me 

Huge Stephen King fan, and loved the Mr. Mercedes trilogy. Finally getting around to watching the show. Some creative liberties taken, but so far I am enjoying it. Brendan Gleeson is great, as he is in everything.