Devonta Smith discussion: rate his performance

700Level4Life

4 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Ok, I am good with that. There was a time DJax could do that, and it wasn't so bad. I was just saying don't start talking ish until you KNOW you are great. 

I hated Djax from the very first game he played for us when he dropped the football before going into the end zone. F that guy

8 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I hated Djax from the very first game he played for us when he dropped the football before going into the end zone. F that guy

That was actually his 2nd game. You must have liked him for that one game against the Rams. 😛 

13 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

That was actually his 2nd game. You must have liked him for that one game against the Rams. 😛 

Lmao! Damn you Joe!!! Well the drop was against the cowboys so it stood out more.

I actually just went and looked at those games and his stats are nearly identical in the Rams and cowboys game..... Even the touchdowns are the same at ZERO! WONDER WHY THAT IS! 🖕

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lmao! Damn you Joe!!! Well the drop was against the cowboys so it stood out more.

I actually just went and looked at those games and his stats are nearly identical in the Rams and cowboys game..... Even the touchdowns are the same at ZERO! WONDER WHY THAT IS! 🖕

I always told myself that he did that because he had Westbrook on his fantasy team. Westbrook scored on the next play lol. 

59 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Understood. I never liked him as a person/personality, but loved his big plays. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I always told myself that he did that because he had Westbrook on his fantasy team. Westbrook scored on the next play lol. 

I did no such things!

• Haha 1

On 2/9/2022 at 10:51 AM, downundermike said:

Agree with 4for4, he is the best Eagles receiver, but he is not putting up #1 numbers.

His 64 catches rank 64th in the league, that would put him as the last 2nd receiving option.

His 916 yards rank 29th, so he is the bottom of #1's in yards.

No way....

But seriously he was a rookie playing in a run-heavy offense with a QB a lot of folks on this board spend hours every day complaining about. Don't think we saw anything to suggest Smith isn't a #1.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 10:51 AM, downundermike said:

Agree with 4for4, he is the best Eagles receiver, but he is not putting up #1 numbers.

His 64 catches rank 64th in the league, that would put him as the last 2nd receiving option.

His 916 yards rank 29th, so he is the bottom of #1's in yards.

It seems like you of all people would be screaming from the mountain tops as to the exact reason for this.  😀

3 hours ago, hputenis said:

It seems like you of all people would be screaming from the mountain tops as to the exact reason for this.  😀

I miss you

• Haha 1

In 2016, Wentz had a group of garbage WRs to throw to (Matthews, Agholor, and DGB). In 2017, we brought in Jeffery (a true #1), Smith (a legitimate deep threat) and moved Agholor to the slot. Jeffery was targeted 120 times and caught 57-789-9TDs. Jeffery's presence helped the receivers and passing game as defenses gave him a lot of attention. Things opened up more for Ertz (and the TEs) and Agholor wasn't feeling the pressure that seemed to be his issue. 

Now people are sitting here questioning if Smith is a #1 simply because his numbers are lower than other #1s around the league. Instead of only looking at stats, maybe these people should watch games. What are defense doing when they play the Eagles? What players are getting the most attention when they are running routes? Not only is Smith clearly a #1 (from day 1), he is one of the best route-runners at his position in the league and repeatedly demonstrates uncanny body control with amazing sideline catches almost weekly. 

Every time you watch a play live and it's close as to whether the play is good or no good, you always worry that it might be premature to get excited and celebrate the play  until you see enough replays. Now, for me, when I see it's Smith, I don't even hesitate. He seems to consistently make that play. That isn't luck. It's a special player.

Doubters will doubt. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Whatever!

You can't miss me if I never left bruh!  

MRW when I post an anti-Hillary joke - GIF on Imgur

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hputenis said:

It doesn't seem like you are around enough! 

Probably spending all your time with that kid you stole !

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, hputenis said:

d16faa14-437c-4076-9df0-7d7ace414a8d_text.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Thread crush!

74145963-FF1B-443E-9176-D62E8F1E9DD4.jpeg

You really couldn't have kidnapped a cuter kid!! 

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2022 at 8:22 AM, brkmsn said:

Not only is Smith clearly a #1 (from day 1)

Yeah right, Travis Fulgham was clearly a #1 from Day 1 according to most on this board also.

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Yeah right, Travis Fulgham was clearly a #1 from Day 1 according to most on this board also.

... and if Fulgham was as refined a route runner, as fast as Smith and had half of Smith's professionalism he'd be a key starter for some team. 

9 hours ago, brkmsn said:

... and if Fulgham was as refined a route runner, as fast as Smith and had half of Smith's professionalism he'd be a key starter for some team. 

The point I was trying to make is Eagle fans crowned Fulgham (and Reagor) legit before they provided substantial evidence that they were legit, likewise, many including myself don't feel as though Smith provided substantial evidence that he's a legit #1 receiver.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

The point I was trying to make is Eagle fans crowned Fulgham (and Reagor) legit before they provided substantial evidence that they were legit, likewise, many including myself don't feel as though Smith provided substantial evidence that he's a legit #1 receiver.

The problem with your belief is you rip Smith and say he hasn’t proved anything, but you also crown Watkins and he’s proved less than Smith. Frankly that makes no sense. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The problem with your belief is you rip Smith and say he hasn’t proved anything, but you also crown Watkins and he’s proved less than Smith. Frankly that makes no sense. 

New to reading his posts?  :lol:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

From my perspective, Watkins has proved more than Smith, I've said many times Quez is the best WR on the team.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

From my perspective, Watkins has proved more than Smith, I've said many times Quez is the best WR on the team.

From everyone else’s perspective (to include the team) he’s not the best receiver on the team. I guess you don’t see the irony in being critical of people for "anointing” Smith for having a solid rookie season, while you boastfully claim Watkins is the best receiver on the team when his numbers for two seasons don’t even add up to Smith’s one season. 🤦🏾‍♂️