Best Game I ever played

PoconoDon

Forgot about Mario bros 3 and Mario Wolrd

Sonic on Sega and sonic pinball on sega. 

6 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Forgot about Mario bros 3 and Mario Wolrd

Sonic on Sega and sonic pinball on sega. 

I tried to list games I could be myself going back to. Super Mario World was great and I still will play that at least every 2-3 years. Sonic I know I played a lot growing up having a Sega but I didn't even play whatever ones they give you for FREE on PS4 having a PS+ subscription.... 

• Like 1

I don't remember a lot of the old games. I remember Duck Hunt only because I recently had a convo about that game

Atari 2600

- Pitfall

- Raiders of the Lost Ark

Commodore 64

- D&D - Pool of Radiance 

Sega

- Virtua Racing

- Toy Commander

- Virtua Tennis

- Shadow Man

Xbox

- COD 2

- Oblivian

- first Modern Warfare

On 4/23/2020 at 12:14 PM, Agent23 said:

I haven't seen any mention of like FF6 or some random Megaman so I'm guessing @jrsu hasn't joined this board yet. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)...FF III SNES and Mega Man II...And Castlevania 3.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)...FF III SNES and Mega Man II...And Castlevania 3.

Lol this is the post that led to the text :roll: 

• Like 1

Big fan of TLOU and Uncharted franchises, so Naughty Dog in general.

Also a big fan of Quantic Dream, so Heavy Rain and Detroit: Become Human.

FFVI (III here)

InFamous series

I grew up with Nintendo so Zeldas and Marios 1,2,3

Horizon Zero Dawn

Skyrim

• Like 1

11 hours ago, opengeo said:

Conkers Bad Fur Day on N64. Can’t believe i forgot about that. 

Maaaaaaaaaan I've been looking for a properly functioning N64 Emulator to play that game alone forever. I actually still have my N64, but it just looks like shiz on my TV. Should try to find some way to make the picture better, and then just shell out the $100+ dollars for the game. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

Maaaaaaaaaan I've been looking for a properly functioning N64 Emulator to play that game alone forever. I actually still have my N64, but it just looks like shiz on my TV. Should try to find some way to make the picture better, and then just shell out the $100+ dollars for the game. 

I still have my N64 AND Conker's Bad Fur Day - we used to just play the beach storming multiplayer mode for HOURS.  What a game.  I should hook that sucker up and play again 

• Like 2

On 4/21/2020 at 5:58 AM, downundermike said:

63F69FC3-12C0-4B4D-A89F-4BF8075BECBE.gif

This one

So many good ones.

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Nintendo 64. Really hard to pick one from all the Zelda franchise, and Ocarina of Time is classic, but MM is just so well done with the real time clock and songs etc.

Starcraft 1/2, PC. Man I loved these games.  My go to for slow call nights back in the day. I've beaten the whole thing on Brutal several times and yet I always go back after awhile. Frustrating AF and punishes every little mistake but so satisfying when you get things right.

Super Smash Brothers, Nintendo 64. Mario Kart for N64 is a close second but this was my go-to middle/high school group game, and still go back to it sometimes when we get back together. Nothing like wrecking your friends with a tiny pink puff ball.

Mass Effect Series, XBOX/PS.  Love a good story line and this is one of the best.  Not the best combat system but the consequences, good/evil, character customize, world immersion etc was some of the best.

Super Mario World, SNES. Again hard to pick  favorite from Mario but this one is my personal favorite.  Traveling the whole world, getting the new suits, going back and forth to world.  Loved it.  Wish I could play it again...gotta find an emmulator.

Witcher 3XBOX/PS. Again love a good story line and this one IMO is the best. The shear size of the world, characters, side quests is just insane. Really Fed up story but it's incredibly well written and the attention to detail is second to none. Plus unlike Mass effect the combat system is actually well done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I still have my N64 AND Conker's Bad Fur Day - we used to just play the beach storming multiplayer mode for HOURS.  What a game.  I should hook that sucker up and play again 

Dude I was going to mention that mini game...But I just deleted it. Man...That minigame was fun as heck, but the premise is soooooooo bad...The Teddiez, and the refugees trying to get up the beach. 

I played that game with my 3 female roomates in college so much...And the game was already sooooooo old by then that it was already retro.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 12:22 PM, Mike030270 said:

FFXV

Sneaky good. All it was missing was a good story that drew you in.

The combat system, open world, weapons, and magic were all A+.

1 hour ago, mayanh8 said:

Sneaky good. All it was missing was a good story that drew you in.

The combat system, open world, weapons, and magic were all A+.

I think I played a solid 45 hours of that game the first couple weeks it was out, and then I got distracted by "life" for enough weeks that I had that "ish... do I even remember the controls/combat at this point?" thought/fear come over me (that has happened dozens of times over the years), and I allow that fear of thinking I won't be able to just pick it up and keep playing prevent me from every picking it back up to contine.

What I should probably do is replay like 5 hours of the game from the beginning to get into a routine of the controls and fight mechanics and then load my original file and pwn ish.

I recall some special item you could find at random (should appear more regularly in certain areas)... and "item" is probably an overstatement of what it is. But I recall doing that which maybe gives character boosts and beating that MASSIVE monster you can see in a field from the highway. I was making great progress... 

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

What's everyone's favorite genre?

I'd have to say RPG. 

Although I'm pretty sure I've spent the most actual hours playing first person shooters or sports games.

There is just nothing better than immersing yourself in a whole new exciting world ie skyrim/ mass effect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I'd have to say RPG. 

Although I'm pretty sure I've spent the most actual hours playing first person shooters or sports games.

There is just nothing better than immersing yourself in a whole new exciting world ie skyrim/ mass effect.

Before consoles and internet was mainstream I used to spend so many hours playing Duke Nukem, Doom, numerous pinball style games, Baldurs Gate and a ton of others on PC

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Current - Third Person/First Person heavy story driven open world(ish). The Last of Us, Uncharted Horizon Zero Dawn, Far Cry, Skyrim

Old - JRPG and side scrolling adventure games. Mega Man, Castlevania, FF II, III, Zelda, Mario

Some of my favz now are a mix...Hyper Light Drifter for PS4 was just...Soooooo good. Like a mix of Zelda, Shadowrun and Bladerunner or some ish.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

When I was young(ish) probably RPGs. I remember a summer between 5th and 6th grade where a friend and I spent hours every day playing Final Fantasy 1 on NES, which is still the most challenging game I think I've played. Sold my N64 and games in summer 1998 and used the money to buy a PlayStation and FF7. Got 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 when they all came out and played them (most re-played).

But as I've gotten into college and adulthood, that story-based action-adventure genre is where I'm happiest, and I think it's because it's giving me that sense of story and character depth and world building that RPGs have, but it's doing it in a 12-20 hour increment (which I can stick with an finish) instead of a 50+ hour requirement (some probably closer to 80) that I just won't stick with in most cases these days. 

God of War 1, 2, 3, the PSP versions (which has a PS3 re-release). The PS4 masterpiece

Uncharted 1-4 and Lost Legacy

Last of Us (soon to by LoU2)

All 3 Tomb Raiders on PS4 (with the first also being on PS3. Played it on both platforms).

I would even add in the three inFAMOUS games and even Assassin's Creed into this general category.

Because of the story, character depth, world-building, and interactive gameplay, these titles feel like a worthy use of my time and like they provide some additional value/culture to my life. I know I'm the minority around here when it comes to hating on and sheeting on FPS games, but how is chasing one another around in Halo/COD/Battlefield/etc. going "pew pew pew" over and over and over again doing anything different than those ****ots who are sitting on their couch binging all five hundred seasons of Friends for the 37th time?!?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Because of the story, character depth, world-building, and interactive gameplay, these titles feel like a worthy use of my time and like they provide some additional value/culture to my life. I know I'm the minority around here when it comes to hating on and sheeting on FPS games, but how is chasing one another around in Halo/COD/Battlefield/etc. going "pew pew pew" over and over and over again doing anything different than those ****ots who are sitting on their couch binging all five hundred seasons of Friends for the 37th time?!?

It's really cool how games went from hop hop pew pew to basically a choose your own adventure cinema experience...I think the first game to do this was Out of this World. The opening for that game was just mindblowing to young lil Jrsu. I think FF III did some of that too with Ultros, The Opera Scene and Celeste.

For reference

• Like 2

My fav genre is RPGs, but I also have a love for story driven adventure, i.e. Uncharted/TLOU/Tomb Raider/some AC. I have spent the most time in my gaming life in some sort of MMO-RPG/FPS between WoW, Destiny, SW:TOR.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, twistr said:

My fav genre is RPGs, but I also have a love for story driven adventure, i.e. Uncharted/TLOU/Tomb Raider/some AC. I have spent the most time in my gaming life in some sort of MMO-RPG/FPS between WoW, Destiny, SW:TOR.

Dude I almost died playing Everquest in the late 90s...Long story, but failed INTO a second degree, lost my two favorite girlfriends, lost 20lbs from not leaving my basement and I'm never allowed in an Applebee's again. 

It was the end of my PC gaming life.

• Like 1