I see the trolls got my thread removed again

JP HOF

Reading is fundamental. If you can't read, I can always have this guy read for you.

Pin on Live From New York...

Since the new EMB was created, many have wondered what we can "get away with" now that we're not associated with the official Eagles site.  We've also had questions about etiquette, rules, how to handle trolls or annoying posters, the report function, etc.  So we want to address some guidelines.   

We are all thankful to have a new home here; we want to continue a strong community with good ongoing discussions.  Our goal was to run things just like the old EMB as much as possible.  Below is a list of guidelines, not necessarily rules.  The moderating team may make subjective calls.  There also may be history with certain posters so while it seems to you someone was suspended for something minor, or someone else did something similar in another forum you may not know the history.  We also allowed some posters here who were banned from the old EMB with the understanding they’d be on a short leash.  

1. Use existing topics instead of creating duplicates.  Use the appropriate forum.  There are 2 long ongoing topics where you can talk anything Eagles:  the TATE EMB Blog and the 411 Ongoing News Discussion.  If you just want to vent or be crazy start it in Rant & Rave.
  2. Politics belong in CVON; however there are sports-related political topics such as COVID affecting teams, national anthem or sports teams discussing racial justice.  Use your judgment and don't get off topic.   
  3. Do not harass other posters or engage in personal attacks.  If someone replies that you've gone too far, back off or they may report you.    
  4. If someone is bothering you: either don't reply, put them on ignore or tell them to stop.  If it continues, report them.  
  5. When you report a post, we’ll review it and take action if necessary.  Sometimes reports do not warrant any action and you may not hear a response.  Trust that we are reviewing them and keeping an eye on repeat offenders.  Overuse of the report function may result in action toward YOU: it’s the internet you also need to have thick skin.
  6. Enter What’s Up (WU) and Conflicting Views and Other News (CVON) at your own risk.  WU is like a bar with people joking around, CVON is going to be divisive and heated at times and you have to be able to stand the heat or get out of the kitchen.  But if things go too far, follow the advice above and report if needed.  
  7. Do not contact VABeach_Eagle about warnings or suspensions, he doesn't handle those he handles the technology.  He realized the system was using his name when sending out standard emails so he’s updated that.  He doesn’t handle any moderation (warnings, suspensions, etc).  Contact a mod if you have a question.  Posting in public attacking the mods: not a good idea, send a pm if you have a legit question.  Post your technical questions in the pinned bug thread in TATE.
  8. Surprise!  We’ve relaxed the filters to allow a couple minor curse words, we’ll let you have fun figuring out which ones.
  9. Pictures should not have nudity or profanity (other than what’s allowed by the filters).  
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Moderator6 said:

No trolls. I merged your duplicate topic about free agency to the one already created. 

You create duplicate topics a lot. So, you know, stop doing that.

Seeing as he blamed us, and we had nothing to do with this.

Can you move this topic to R&R, I will totally take the heat for it.

25 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Seeing as he blamed us, and we had nothing to do with this.

Can you move this topic to R&R, I will totally take the heat for it.

I didn't even know there was a thread by him and he still blamed me for it getting moved lmao. Actually most times I don't say anything in his threads until he starts crying saying his thread is ruined because of me. 

It's like the department mgrs at work some of them can't figure out why their people quit on a regular basis... You would think at some point you would look in the mirror and ask what " YOU" are doing that's causing this strange phenomenon that only happens in your department or in this case " YOUR" crap ass threads. 

I had a post removed before- and I deserved it. It's not a personal thing. The mods do what they gotta do to keep the board straight. I was also warned about something before, and the mod was right, so I heeded his warning and everything turned out ok.

Duplicate or redundant topics should be moved otherwise you have information and opinions spread across multiple topics. That said, It seems lately that most conversations are taking place in one or two very active topics that contain multiple topics of discussion that probably deserve their own space. I'm not sure why this is. Maybe people just prefer to use a topic as a chatroom type of discussion or just want to post in the most active threads. I do suspect there are some people who are hesitant to start new topics for fear of them being moved and/or criticized. I'm all for keeping an organized house but not if that means you're throwing everything in one room that is a complete disorganized pile of trash. I know it's easier said then done, but it would be nice if there was some emphasis among this community to also keep topics from getting too far off topic. For example do I need to see everyone's draft pick prediction in the same topic where people are discussing potential FAs, bashing the FO and other teams moves along with everything else under the sun.

There's my two cents....now move this to R&R

11 hours ago, JP HOF said:

well you kind of prove my point there.  First off you admit the failing of the previous board.  but think about it, why are you even approaching a fan board with the attitude that the word leniency is even a factor?  Why would you have to strive for that tight structure thing at all?   I never saw an MLB team shut down the bleachers because they wanted less fans.  They never threw any kids out of high school pep rallies.  That's bizarro for a mod at a fansite to have a disposition about cracking down on what is allowed.  

Furthermore, the "we have plenty of people" is transparent.  You think you got plenty of people.  like no more needed, no new fans please.  A growing, dynamic fanbase is what you really should be aspiring to achieve here.

I will say that you allowing this thread thus far is the most lenient thing I've ever seen on this or the other forum by far.  Maybe you should consolidate it with 50 other complaint threads you've gotten over the years to keep with the spirit of tidiness your squad demands.

wow. you really have no idea what you are talking about.

• Like 1

I gave the same compliments to the OPs mom last night

PXL_20220305_142121066.MP.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Luckily for you, there's Reddit...a magical place where you can have 100 of the same topic and no one even tries to slow it down.  The delicates there won't care and will upvote your "original" topics to build your confidence right back up.  Now, go forth on your trusty unicorn and return home!

unicorn-unicorn-dance.gif

He's not sitting on it right.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Big___Al said:

He's not sitting on it right.

:roll: That's not a man baby. LOL.

1 hour ago, jsdarkstar said:

Reading is fundamental. If you can't read, I can always have this guy read for you.

Since the new EMB was created, many have wondered what we can "get away with" now that we're not associated with the official Eagles site.  We've also had questions about etiquette, rules, how to handle trolls or annoying posters, the report function, etc.  So we want to address some guidelines.   

We are all thankful to have a new home here; we want to continue a strong community with good ongoing discussions.  Our goal was to run things just like the old EMB as much as possible.  Below is a list of guidelines, not necessarily rules.  The moderating team may make subjective calls.  There also may be history with certain posters so while it seems to you someone was suspended for something minor, or someone else did something similar in another forum you may not know the history.  We also allowed some posters here who were banned from the old EMB with the understanding they’d be on a short leash.  

1. Use existing topics instead of creating duplicates.  Use the appropriate forum.  There are 2 long ongoing topics where you can talk anything Eagles:  the TATE EMB Blog and the 411 Ongoing News Discussion.  If you just want to vent or be crazy start it in Rant & Rave.
  2. Politics belong in CVON; however there are sports-related political topics such as COVID affecting teams, national anthem or sports teams discussing racial justice.  Use your judgment and don't get off topic.   
  3. Do not harass other posters or engage in personal attacks.  If someone replies that you've gone too far, back off or they may report you.    
  4. If someone is bothering you: either don't reply, put them on ignore or tell them to stop.  If it continues, report them.  
  5. When you report a post, we’ll review it and take action if necessary.  Sometimes reports do not warrant any action and you may not hear a response.  Trust that we are reviewing them and keeping an eye on repeat offenders.  Overuse of the report function may result in action toward YOU: it’s the internet you also need to have thick skin.
  6. Enter What’s Up (WU) and Conflicting Views and Other News (CVON) at your own risk.  WU is like a bar with people joking around, CVON is going to be divisive and heated at times and you have to be able to stand the heat or get out of the kitchen.  But if things go too far, follow the advice above and report if needed.  
  7. Do not contact VABeach_Eagle about warnings or suspensions, he doesn't handle those he handles the technology.  He realized the system was using his name when sending out standard emails so he’s updated that.  He doesn’t handle any moderation (warnings, suspensions, etc).  Contact a mod if you have a question.  Posting in public attacking the mods: not a good idea, send a pm if you have a legit question.  Post your technical questions in the pinned bug thread in TATE.
  8. Surprise!  We’ve relaxed the filters to allow a couple minor curse words, we’ll let you have fun figuring out which ones.
  9. Pictures should not have nudity or profanity (other than what’s allowed by the filters).  

Hey Mod 6 you used the wrong acct

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I gave the same compliments to the OPs mom last night

PXL_20220305_142121066.MP.jpg

wahhhhhh, you used a mom joke against another poster wahhhhhhhhh

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

:roll: That's not a man baby. LOL.

It was intended for the OP, which is who I pictured partaking in the activity.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Thing3 said:

Duplicate or redundant topics should be moved otherwise you have information and opinions spread across multiple topics. That said, It seems lately that most conversations are taking place in one or two very active topics that contain multiple topics of discussion that probably deserve their own space. I'm not sure why this is. Maybe people just prefer to use a topic as a chatroom type of discussion or just want to post in the most active threads. I do suspect there are some people who are hesitant to start new topics for fear of them being moved and/or criticized. I'm all for keeping an organized house but not if that means you're throwing everything in one room that is a complete disorganized pile of trash. I know it's easier said then done, but it would be nice if there was some emphasis among this community to also keep topics from getting too far off topic. For example do I need to see everyone's draft pick prediction in the same topic where people are discussing potential FAs, bashing the FO and other teams moves along with everything else under the sun.

There's my two cents....now move this to R&R

There are a bunch of different topics. But discussions get on tangents all the time. Hurts, Howie sucks, Wentz, QB debates, etc.

Example: a topic about DeVonta Smith becomes bashing Hurts.

Or new topics push other ones to page 2 or beyond. 

Or, some topics just don't get a lot of replies and people aren't interested. 

When there are new topics about a small angle of a similar topic with a "unique" idea, then people are just making the same points in 3 or 4 different topics. 

15 minutes ago, NOTW said:

There are a bunch of different topics. But discussions get on tangents all the time. Hurts, Howie sucks, Wentz, QB debates, etc.

When there are new topics about a small angle of a similar topic with a "unique" idea, then people are just making the same points in 3 or 4 different topics. 

Yeah, yeah, Hurts sucks!

12 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I get it. But it would be nice if, say at the current time, we have topic a for draft predictions, another for discussing Eagles Free agency and another for moves around the NFL. Just some more refined topics would be nice. But that's me and it's always going to be like trying to herd cats...I get it.

2 minutes ago, Thing3 said:

I get it. But it would be nice if, say at the current time, we have topic a for draft predictions, another for discussing Eagles Free agency and another for moves around the NFL. Just some more refined topics would be nice. But that's me and it's always going to be like trying to herd cats...I get it.

There are sub-forums for every topic you just named.

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

There are sub-forums for every topic you just named.

But not everyone is using them. Like said....herding cats....not easy...I know.

15 hours ago, Moderator6 said:

Your topic had absolutely nothing original,

I noticed you didn't comment on my post......I give you credit for not lying about it.

6 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

blah, blah, blah, say something meaningful once in your life, monkey spank

17 hours ago, JP HOF said:

well you kind of prove my point there.  First off you admit the failing of the previous board.  but think about it, why are you even approaching a fan board with the attitude that the word leniency is even a factor?  Why would you have to strive for that tight structure thing at all?   I never saw an MLB team shut down the bleachers because they wanted less fans.  They never threw any kids out of high school pep rallies.  That's bizarro for a mod at a fansite to have a disposition about cracking down on what is allowed.  

Furthermore, the "we have plenty of people" is transparent.  You think you got plenty of people.  like no more needed, no new fans please.  A growing, dynamic fanbase is what you really should be aspiring to achieve here.

I will say that you allowing this thread thus far is the most lenient thing I've ever seen on this or the other forum by far.  Maybe you should consolidate it with 50 other complaint threads you've gotten over the years to keep with the spirit of tidiness your squad demands.

Imma bet you wear a dress.:roll:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

blah, blah, blah, say something meaningful once in your life, monkey spank

Ok. If Scientists took all of your brain power, and multiplied it by every star in the Universe and turned it into gasoline, and put it inside the gas tank of a match box car, it wouldn't have enough power to run around the inside ring of a Cheerio. blah, blah, blah, waste of sperm.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Ok. If Scientists took all of your brain power, and multiplied it by every star in the Universe and turned it into gasoline, and put it inside the gas tank of a match box car, it wouldn't have enough power to run around the inside ring of a Cheerio. blah, blah, blah, waste of sperm.

Oh yeah, 

well that's easily solved.  Rig it up so every thread that mentions Hurts or mentions Howie or mentions Wentz get classified into their own threads.  So what then if a thread mentions both Hurts and Howie?  Easy, copy the thread and drop it in both places.

I got another suggestion, take all the lame memes and put them in a thread called Lame Memes.

Here's another cool idea, start a special thread that takes everytime downundermike has made a post criticizing my threads (including on the last board) and have the alltime most humongous thread.  You could also have one that combined that thread with every thread ever created about Wentz and call that the downundermike/Wentz catchall thread.  Since we all know the more moderating, the better board that makes all the semi-retarded people here (who pass the muster) happy.  I'm thoroughly convinced that the posters left here are all MAGAs since MAGAs are the only alertness-adled folks out there who would be defending this doofy board format.  They're all ok with Trump calling Putin a genius, they'd surely defend this anti-fan board too.

Or.. and this is the mindblower.  Take all the positive threads started with original ideas that didn't get trolled and make that into one thread, only thing is, there are none.

You may need to make most of you moderators to get this kind of energy moderating to happen, but at least it would achieve the desired objective of making this the shittiest fan board anyone's ever imagined.  but wait, I have the ultimate idea.  When somebody applies to join the board give them a long questionaire and just don't let anyone in who actually roots for the Birds or has a brain in their head.  What, you already did that?  well sorry I slipped in to mess with your continuity.

haha I just read what I wrote and realized not one of you will figure out that it was facetious!