Watson Chooses The.....................Browns.

SPIDER-MAN

I'm sure the NFL will make it go away. These players get 5, 10, 15 chances to correct their mistakes, where everyone else normally gets 1 chance. I am finding it hard to believe that now 23 women would all lie. Yeah lets give rapists and women abusers millions of dollars. way to go society and media. 

The NFL has suspended people 6 games for a single allegation (that turned out to be total bunk) in the past, and all the talk is the other 31 owners are absolutely raging at the Browns trading for him and especially the contract, which apart from screwing the QB market, looks to be structured to avoid Watson losing any significant money from a possible season long ban.

It'll be interesting to see where the ban lands, the NFL is in a tougher spot still after what MLB did on Bauer. 

• Like 2

24th accuser steps forward.  Says he ejaculated on her face. 

Her face! 

• Haha 1

They are never gonna get to the bottom of this at this point. Someone does not want him playing anymore 

Watson was in contact with at least 66 different women....  Who needs 66 massage therapists?

Is that a lot?  That sounds like a lot. 

On 6/7/2022 at 12:46 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

They are never gonna get to the bottom of this at this point. Someone does not want him playing anymore 

Doesn't seem like there will be a happy ending to this story.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

• Haha 1

On 6/7/2022 at 5:46 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think at this point everyone but the Cleveland Browns would rather he wasn't playing any more.  Every journalist that has done any sort of investigation of Watson has found things that stink to high heaven and suggest a pattern of behaviour. Given the numbers of women the NYT is talking about, there could yet be more civil cases to come. The NFL can usually get a fanbase to go along with the cliche that the victim is out for a payday when it's one woman, but 23 civil cases? That's a big old cloud of smoke if there's no fire.

The NFL must be hoping and praying that the independent adjudicator doesn't go for a slap on the wrist because that will cause a shitstorm, the Bauer decision by MLB has reset the bar on this sort of question and the farce of handing down what looks like a hefty ban before collapsing to 6 or 7 games on appeal may not cut it this time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I think at this point everyone but the Cleveland Browns would rather he wasn't playing any more.  Every journalist that has done any sort of investigation of Watson has found things that stink to high heaven and suggest a pattern of behaviour. Given the numbers of women the NYT is talking about, there could yet be more civil cases to come. The NFL can usually get a fanbase to go along with the cliche that the victim is out for a payday when it's one woman, but 23 civil cases? That's a big old cloud of smoke if there's no fire.

The NFL must be hoping and praying that the independent adjudicator doesn't go for a slap on the wrist because that will cause a shitstorm, the Bauer decision by MLB has reset the bar on this sort of question and the farce of handing down what looks like a hefty ban before collapsing to 6 or 7 games on appeal may not cut it this time.

Yup.  Watson is still young and was playing at an elite level last we saw him so if he does his penance ala Vick he will get his shot again.  But I just don't see him playing again until at least late '23, prolly '24.  The Browns are swimming in a lake of their own doo-doo.

4 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Yup.  Watson is still young and was playing at an elite level last we saw him so if he does his penance ala Vick he will get his shot again.  But I just don't see him playing again until at least late '23, prolly '24.  The Browns are swimming in a lake of their own doo-doo.

It could be worse.  I mean, the Browns didn't guarantee to pay him all $230 million.  

Oh wait....

18 minutes ago, Vee said:

It could be worse.  I mean, the Browns didn't guarantee to pay him all $230 million.  

Oh wait....

Has to be some type of loophole in the contract.

On 6/8/2022 at 1:44 PM, downundermike said:

From what they said on the Pat McAfee show there isn't for past events and that's why he picked the Browns. They were out and wanted back in and gave him fully guaranteed. If that's the case they get what they deserve.

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

From what they said on the Pat McAfee show there isn't for past events and that's why he picked the Browns. They were out and wanted back in and gave him fully guaranteed. If that's the case they get what they deserve.

I've been quietly kinda rooting for the Browns ever since they came back into the league. And I've also kinda liked Baker Mayfield. But at this point, to hell with them. They deserve what they get as far as Watson is concerned. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I've been quietly kinda rooting for the Browns ever since they came back into the league. And I've also kinda liked Baker Mayfield. But at this point, to hell with them. They deserve what they get as far as Watson is concerned. 

Pretty much. They were desperate to get him, sounds like the threw a very stupid contract at him knowing the risks, and now they are screwed.

2 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Pretty much. They were desperate to get him, sounds like the threw a very stupid contract at him knowing the risks, and now they are screwed.

I can't blame Browns for trying to get better at QB despite risks. To be clear, I don't condone what Watson did if he is in fact guilty. Baker Mayfield isn't even a top 10 QB IMO. Watson is at least top 10, possibly top 5. A Browns YouTuber made point that Browns had talent on team and Baker couldn't do much with it.

54 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

I can't blame Browns for trying to get better at QB despite risks. To be clear, I don't condone what Watson did if he is in fact guilty. Baker Mayfield isn't even a top 10 QB IMO. Watson is at least top 10, possibly top 5. A Browns YouTuber made point that Browns had talent on team and Baker couldn't do much with it.

Baker was royally beat up last year, I don't think I've seen a Qb guts his way through a season like that since Jim McMahon.  I feel like Baker will make a better journeyman than franchise savior.

2 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Browns are in no position to make these kinds of moves they are historically bad with this sheet. Watson played their stupid asses now they have no QB. 

On 6/8/2022 at 3:44 PM, downundermike said:

I certainly hope so.

ummm....

jimGmLj.jpg

Edit: Looks like he locked it down 6/6

1 hour ago, paco said:

ummm....

jimGmLj.jpg

Edit: Looks like he locked it down 6/6

This guy, is a problem!

On 6/1/2022 at 12:11 PM, Wormlegs said:

I'm sure the NFL will make it go away. These players get 5, 10, 15 chances to correct their mistakes, where everyone else normally gets 1 chance. I am finding it hard to believe that now 23 women would all lie. Yeah lets give rapists and women abusers millions of dollars. way to go society and media. 

Ray rice didn’t. Now what he did wasn’t acceptable and the NFL probably wouldn’t have done anything where it not for video of the incident coming out. 

The thing that bugs me most(the allegations of 24 women are obviously important) is why the F did he need 66 massage therapists over 17 months  ? Did the Texans not have a medical staff who’d have handled that stuff. I mean Shannon sharpe said a couple of days ago, that he has had the same person since 1999, that works on him when needed. 1 over 23 years and Deshaun Watson somehow needed 66 in 17 months. 

• Like 1

And it should be pointed out that the NFL don’t need there to be charges filed for them to act. 
They’ve in the past suspended players or put them on the commissioners list for the optics alone ffs.