Eagles Trade for Titans WR AJ Brown pick: 18 & 101, $100m extension

pgcd3

Well, I didn't see that coming, but I'm glad it happened. 2 proven WR's with their best years ahead of them for Hurts and/or his replacement in 2023. I liked Burks a lot, but this was a good move.

Like this trade for both teams actually

With the Eagles franchise poor history of drafting WRs, I'd rather have the OG AJ Brown at the premium of a 1st and 3rd with that contract extension versus taking a chance on Treylon Burks who could be the next AJ Brown, or end up being the next big bodied WR bust that can't get separation in the pros.

Titans were put in a tough spot and got a good young prospect who could very well be the next closest thing plus a 3rd round pick

Drake London is in that boom or bust category as well IMO

I like Burks for the record, but Howie can't afford the risk of another early round WR bust after whiffing on JJAW and Reagor

4 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Nah the Rams and Raiders got that on lock. 

Yeah maybe the Raiders, but I’d take our 3 over the Rams 3.

Was just surfing Titans messageboard, and they are furious AJ Brown is gone.......

On 4/25/2022 at 7:12 PM, NOTW said:

Feeding rumors from some fans that AJ brown might be traded to the Eagles, he's entering his contract year.

38 minutes ago, judunno said:

He's the guy for this season yes.

We shall see, but the Eagles haven’t changed their stance regarding him. For now he’s the guy and now they gave him one of his closest friends as a target. Jalen’s gonna need to throw a lot more passes to keep everyone happy.

Glad to get a quality WR, but looking at defensive talent in the late 1st coulda traded back. Jermaine Johnson, Devin Lloyd. And i really liked the flexibility in three 5ths and that 4th. Hopefully the offense is explosive & it helps Smith.

52 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

I don't necessarily agree. But we certainly would not have made it hard on him.

The question is, did Sririanni make Hurts go by the script as he learned, or can he not really read defenses?

I think Jalen had a hard time processing NFL defenses. It’s been a difficult transition because he’s always had the ability to use his legs, but I think the player can improve and now he has two legit outside targets to work with to include a guy who is big enough to box out and go get those 50/50 balls. No more Reagor.

56 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

A lot of people on the boat were hoping they would get a veteran for this reason. Not sure why some are so pissy about it

Not only that, he knows the QB and Smith did say publicly they need a veteran. It's good for the room.

Now I'll admit I wanted Williams, but he was picked. This may turn out the better route for us anyways.

Just now, Infam said:

Not only that, he knows the QB and Smith did say publicly they need a veteran. It's good for the room.

Now I'll admit I wanted Williams, but he was picked. This may turn out the better route for us anyways.

Agreed I have zero issues with this move

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

This. Too much for a WR, IMO.

Titans starting QB cap hit 2022: $38.6 million

Eagles starting QB cap hit 2022: $1.6 million

Eagles can afford to pay for Brown

The best thing about this is that we don’t need to worry about drafting a WR bust in the 1st round this year

Just now, eagle-mike said:

Titans starting QB cap hit 2022: $38.6 million

Eagles starting QB cap hit 2022: $1.6 million

Eagles can afford to pay for Brown

I was referring to the draft capital. I'm not against using a 1st, but a 1st and a 3rd is a lot for a WR. I also only felt we needed to find a competent WR3 this offseason. I guess it comes down to how much one values the WR position. I think it's a bit overrated by fans.

I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed we have less picks to address positions I feel we have a bigger need at. 

1 hour ago, DBW said:

Howie remember when you were in the basement? Kelce does!  And he’s a fan again! 

if Kelce loves it, so do I lol

12 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I was referring to the draft capital. I'm not against using a 1st, but a 1st and a 3rd is a lot for a WR. I also only felt we needed to find a competent WR3 this offseason. I guess it comes down to how much one values the WR position. I think it's a bit overrated by fans.

I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed we have less picks to address positions I feel we have a bigger need at. 

Well the way I'm looking at it is we gave up a late 3rd round pick to guarantee that we aren't getting a bust at wr... I'll take that any day... I don't trust Howie to identify talent at wr in the draft 

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

Well, I didn't see that coming, but I'm glad it happened. 2 proven WR's with their best years ahead of them for Hurts and/or his replacement in 2023. I liked Burks a lot, but this was a good move.

Don't forget Pascal and Watkins. We're loaded. Expecting Reagor to get moved for a 7th compensatory pick

Great we finally have the WR talent, now we just need a QB who can throw to them.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

We shall see, but the Eagles haven’t changed their stance regarding him. For now he’s the guy and now they gave him one of his closest friends as a target. Jalen’s gonna need to throw a lot more passes to keep everyone happy.

No he's going to need to complete a lot more passes.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

We shall see, but the Eagles haven’t changed their stance regarding him. 

They spent all of Free agency chasing other QBs....  

Archived