Round 3: Eagles select Georgia LB Nakobe Dean

NOTW

2 minutes ago, Fresh_Prince said:

I feel the Davis pick influenced this and it's a Georgia package deal of sorts

They'll play well together

I was 100% thinking the same thing. He’s in the building today and was likely selling him to Howie

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Procus said:

Dude - maybe a nice antidepressant?  You've been a Debbie Downer this whole draft.  What gives?

The players selected are good, just joking that we might not see these guys for 2 years. Dean will probably be able to recover and play this year. Jurgens will sit, Davis is a beast but will sit behind Cox at first & rotate in. Maybe make a case to start before the end of the year. 

Another key player from an SEC champion. Howie's learned his lesson to not draft from the soft ass West coast teams.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

We finally got a real LB!

1st round talent fell to the 3rd. Glad they grabbed him there.

• Like 2

This person has legendary praise about him at Georgia. His football smarts are off the charts. Big time leader. I feel like this is dream he fell this far to us. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

1st round talent fell to the 3rd. Glad they grabbed him there.

Yep. Even if he misses time with the bicep strain it's still a steal. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Howie doesn't draft LBs in the first, and rarely does in the 2nd round, but now we luck into a 1st round quality talent in the 3rd round. People are scared of the size and his pec injury, but totally worth taking a chance on him in the 3rd round. The guy many of us wanted in the 2nd is now an Eagle.

Sure, not drafting a DB early is tough to see but, but they definitely improved the front seven in a big way in Day 1 and 2

They’d better be dominant because the back four will be really bad. 

Once his shoulder heals... he's gonna have a chip on it for lasting till the 3rd.

• Like 2

Some people wanted this guy in the first. Eagles got him in the 3rd due to injury. He’s so small he can get lost behind Davis though. 😂

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Some people wanted this guy in the first. Eagles got him in the 3rd due to injury. He’s so small he can get lost behind Davis though. 😂

Yup, and people were calling for Howies head after the 2nd round pick. 🤦‍♂️

13 minutes ago, NOTW said:

This is going to be the story we are all sick of come September: what is the status of Nakobe Dean?

I heard somewhere (not a reliable source) it was a grade 3 pec strain, which is not good. Also, read a tweet that "independent doctors evaluated him and cleared him, medically". Never heard of using PRP therapy for pec injuries, either. Regardless, I love getting him in the 3rd Round, even if it is a redshirt year.

23 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The players selected are good, just joking that we might not see these guys for 2 years. Dean will probably be able to recover and play this year. Jurgens will sit, Davis is a beast but will sit behind Cox at first & rotate in. Maybe make a case to start before the end of the year. 

With as often as linemen get injured on the Eagles Jurgens probably sees time at guard. 

• Like 2

Just now, Portyansky said:

Yup, and people were calling for Howies head after the 2nd round pick. 🤦‍♂️

I wasn’t calling for Howie’s head, but it did feel like another one of those grooming type picks. It isn’t always we see plug in and play players like we saw last season. Frankly I’d be all for the grooming style if we didn’t have so many holes on the roster. All in all I’m fine with hos the off-season has gone so far. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

With as often as linemen get injured on the Eagles Jurgens probably sees time at guard. 

In general, I do like building O line depth and guys for Stoutland to develop. Keep O line strong.

Just now, NOTW said:

In general, I do like building O line depth and guys for Stoutland to develop. Keep O line strong.

Overall you build up front. They’re making a strength much stronger. I ain’t mad it, but I would like to see a little DB help now. 

30 minutes ago, NOTW said:

We thought Dickerson would "sit" with all the "injury concerns"... he comes in at LG and legit takes the job so substantially.. that they literally draft ANOTHER center in the 2nd because they are damn sure they are starting Dickerson at LG from this point forward. We really never know who is going to "sit". 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Overall you build up front. They’re making a strength much stronger. I ain’t mad it, but I would like to see a little DB help now. 

At some point, he has to take a CB or S in the 1st. Maybe before I die.

• Haha 1

Smith gets Booed, Barry Sanders gets cheered. We all know who was the best of the two :)

• Thanks 1