Eagles Release Nate Herbig (UPDATE: Signed with Jets)

pgcd3

18 minutes ago, Breeze 44 said:

I would've prefered to trade or waive Seumalo, he really hasn't played the last 2 years and makes good $$.  Herbig filled in well at G in his and others injury absencies.

In terms of performance I’d agree but you risk angering Kelce and Lane I guess.

Dudes, let's be real. Seumalo is a much better player than Herbig. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Yup

Herbig was always overrated by most and was lauded as outstanding depth, so this won’t be popular.  I do think he was better, more reliable depth than Driscoll, who was all upside and no tangible help.  

6 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Herbig was always overrated by most and was lauded as outstanding depth, so this won’t be popular.  I do think he was better, more reliable depth than Driscoll, who was all upside and no tangible help.  

I think Driscoll after a rough start looked really good at RG.

3 hours ago, Infam said:

I think Driscoll after a rough start looked really good at RG.

The problem with Driscoll, so far, is that he’s only as good as the guy behind him on the depth chart.  He has never played extended snaps without getting hurt.

35 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

The problem with Driscoll, so far, is that he’s only as good as the guy behind him on the depth chart.  He has never played extended snaps without getting hurt.

He played week 4-12?

Glad he landed on his feet. I'm sure Joe knows what he gets from a guy who spends time under Stoutland.

On 5/2/2022 at 5:10 PM, Infam said:

I think Driscoll has a leg up on Seumalo, but let’s see.

I'm not impressed with Seumalo, I'd love to see him removed as the starter.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I'm not impressed with Seumalo, I'd love to see him removed as the starter.

He is a great backup though. I do want to keep him.

On 5/7/2022 at 11:57 AM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Seumalo has had some hideous games that I can't forgive him for.  Decent backup but never been happy with him starting. 

On 5/8/2022 at 7:32 AM, Infam said:

He played week 4-12?

We won 4 games during that stretch.

Seumalo was flat out dominating last season before the injury. I understand the people that are concerned about his ability to stay healthy. But the people that are acting like he needs to be replaced due to his play aren't watching the games. I would prefer the Eagles put Seumalo back at LG and move Dickerson to RG. There's no way I would trade Seumalo --- especially after letting Herbig go. Jurgens needs to concentrate on C. We don't need him to play G. 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Seumalo was flat out dominating last season before the injury. I understand the people that are concerned about his ability to stay healthy. But the people that are acting like he needs to be replaced due to his play aren't watching the games. I would prefer the Eagles put Seumalo back at LG and move Dickerson to RG. There's no way I would trade Seumalo --- especially after letting Herbig go. Jurgens needs to concentrate on C. We don't need him to play G. 

Holy ish....we agree on something 100% 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

But the people that are acting like he needs to be replaced due to his play aren't watching the games.

I see it the exact opposite, those that are giving him he thumbs up aren't watching the games, he was easily the weakest link on the OL aside from Jason Peters when he began to decline.

Ehh, good for him to get another job.

But it's not really a loss for the Eagles. A Nate Herbig type of player can be found elsewhere if needed.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

I see it the exact opposite, those that are giving him he thumbs up aren't watching the games, he was easily the weakest link on the OL aside from Jason Peters when he began to decline.

Bearing in mind that Seumalo didn't play all 5 games (was hurt in the 3rd), I can't find the other tweet, but Seumalo played just over 100 passing snaps before the injury, gave up 0 sacks, 0 QB hits, and allowed only 1 hurry. There were also 3 tweets that were deleted (for I'm guessing copyrights) that showed 3 of his pancake blocks he made in 2021 before the injury. If you have some clips or something validating your argument, feel free to share them. 

5 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Jason Peters?   What year are you focusing on?  

7 hours ago, EagleVA said:

This is the post of an idiot. Someone has to be your weakest linemen.  I will take him all day as the weak link.