EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

I have lived in Cary/Raleigh/Fuquay area my whole life

You are one of the few natives.  We lived in North Raleigh out towards Wake Forest. 

59 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

They were right off Jones Franklin and Tryon

There used to be a decent place on Hillsborough St but that was like 10+ years ago.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I can't disagree with anyone on there but just feels like Reagor really needs a spot. 

Next year, I'd agree. There remains a slither of hope, but only a small slither that he isn't a complete bust. Agholor was outta here at the end of the 2016 season but is still in the league.

4 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

We’ve already completely replaced Reagor with multiple high-investment players not 2 years after drafting him 21st overall.

That way trumps the second round pick JJAW, who could very well end up with a longer Eagles tenure

JJAW could have tenure, but he's produced very little and has changed postion.

3 hours ago, Infam said:

Fair. Though Agholor and Reagor sure gave it their all..

Agholor is still in the league and producing. He had 2017 season, which was very productive.

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I did.  They were one of the finalists. 

Watch out for Nicholaus Iamaleava.  He's going to the perfect system for his skillset.  

Nicholaus Iamaleava. Is he?

28 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Going soft on the rookies now.

Also a typo, he means July 26

Why would you want to bring in the rookies early and get them some extra coaching with the staff?  Get some of the basics down before the larger group comes in and the number of reps drops off dramatically?  

pfft.  Unnecessary.

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Why would you want to bring in the rookies early and get them some extra coaching with the staff?  Get some of the basics down before the larger group comes in and the number of reps drops off dramatically?  

pfft.  Unnecessary.

Especially in a year where they themselves felt to describe the UDFA class as basically draft picks in any other draft. 

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Google him.  Has a ton of skill.  Will be a great fit for Huepel’s offense. 

His name is nominative determinism. Nicholaus Iamaleava, is he?

Childish joke, I know. It makes be laugh every time I see one

10 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

pfft.  Unnecessary.

Reps don’t decrease until after cut downs.  They have in essence three/four teams. (90-3)/22.   

3 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Reps don’t decrease until after cut downs.  They have in essence three/four teams. (90-3)/22.   

The reps when it's just the rookies will be dramatically different than when it's the full 90.  

Guest justrelax
28 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

pfft.  Unnecessary.

23 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Especially in a year where they themselves felt to describe the UDFA class as basically draft picks in any other draft. 

Clearly this coaching staff knows far less than we do.

P.S. Doug did the same thing and he's doing it with the Jaguars too.

Just finished 6 Underground, maybe the first bad review I’d give a movie in years.

It’s like they asked Michael Bay to try and make a movie without a writer and just go nuts

10 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Ok, well I agree with the majority of the NFL that knows more than I do that are doing it a different way. 

9 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Not sure what the PS has to do with anything.  Doug didn't do things perfectly, and the team put very little emphasis on preseason games, but also struggled at developing young players.  Maybe there's a link between those things.  But then again, maybe this staff knows less than the 22 staffs that are taking advantage of the limited contact time with players.  Maybe the wheel doesn't need to be reinvented and that being on the field with players will help them bond as teammates, connect with coaches, learn some fundamentals, etc.  (Were you not just discussing the importance of fundamentals the other day?)  Or maybe practice is overrated in general and the team can just do everything remotely and just show up on game days.   The CBA has limited the amount contact time allowed between players and coaches.  And the Eagles have decided to further reduce the contact time even more than they are required to.   That doesn't add up for me when football is the sport that has the greatest number of players on the field at a single time of any major sport, and has the greatest importance placed on each player on the field knowing exactly what they are supposed to do for any given play to be successful.

18 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Just finished 6 Underground, maybe the first bad review I’d give a movie in years.

It’s like they asked Michael Bay to try and make a movie without a writer and just go nuts

I thought the chase scene through Florence was pretty cool as I went there a year or two before i watched the movie.  Check out RRR on Netflix.  it's pretty entertaining 

13 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Not sure what the PS has to do with anything.  Doug didn't do things perfectly, and the team put very little emphasis on preseason games, but also struggled at developing young players.  Maybe there's a link between those things.  But then again, maybe this staff knows less than the 22 staffs that are taking advantage of the limited contact time with players.  Maybe the wheel doesn't need to be reinvented and that being on the field with players will help them bond as teammates, connect with coaches, learn some fundamentals, etc.  (Were you not just discussing the importance of fundamentals the other day?)  Or maybe practice is overrated in general and the team can just do everything remotely and just show up on game days.   The CBA has limited the amount contact time allowed between players and coaches.  And the Eagles have decided to further reduce the contact time even more than they are required to.   That doesn't add up for me when football is the sport that has the greatest number of players on the field at a single time of any major sport, and has the greatest importance placed on each player on the field knowing exactly what they are supposed to do for any given play to be successful.

Wanting to limit wear and tear on players' bodies is certainly understandable and wise. Limiting classroom/study time? Are they afraid of strained or torn neurons? They claim to be  professionals after all.

15 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Wanting to limit wear and tear on players' bodies is certainly understandable and wise. Limiting classroom/study time? Are they afraid of strained or torn neurons? They claim to be  professionals after all.

Is it even limiting wear and tear? Maybe. But with everyone posting on social media it sure looks like they are just doing their own wear and tear away from the facility and coaches. Seems counter productive to let them work out on their own but your too afraid to have them work out at z multi-million dollar facility with a full coaching and strength & conditioning staff. 

54 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

We looked at a few houses in Wake Forest, before we settled in Clayton.  Now Clayton is like Cary was 20 years ago.  Just a little more rif raf 

I think the town of Clayton itself is much smaller than Cary was 20 years ago. Cary was a city of about 100,000 20 years ago.  I would imagine the county and surrounding are about the same size as Cary/Apex/Morrisville and Holly Springs were 20 years ago.  One of the big things that has limited the growth was a change in the laws that allow for the expansion of cities in 2012.  Essentially, city boundaries can only be done with consent or by the state legislature.  A lot of Cary's growth was in the late 90's and early 2000s.  When cities could not just incorporate new subdivisions, that slowed some of the growth. 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Is it even limiting wear and tear? Maybe. But with everyone posting on social media it sure looks like they are just doing their own wear and tear away from the facility and coaches. Seems counter productive to let them work out on their own but your too afraid to have them work out at z multi-million dollar facility with a full coaching and strength & conditioning staff. 

I agree with you but it's not what you or I think, it's what the collective bargaining agreement says.

4 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

I agree with you but it's not what you or I think, it's what the collective bargaining agreement says.

Sure, but they are doing WELL short of what the CBA says. It feels like they are roughly doing 50% of what they are actually allowed. 

What would it take to get Robert Quinn in here for DE. He's not happy and wants out of Chi town. Can't blame him there. That dude would put our d-line over the top and we have the assets and money to get it done. 

8 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

What would it take to get Robert Quinn in here for DE. He's not happy and wants out of Chi town. Can't blame him there. That dude would put our d-line over the top and we have the assets and money to get it done. 

About 3 years and 60m$. He’s upset because he wants a massive raise. Would be a colossal mistake

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The reps when it's just the rookies will be dramatically different than when it's the full 90.  

When rookies report early, it equates to about three practices and pretty much the fundamentals.  We would be talking five draft choices and some UDFAs, including Strong.  Not sure I see that as a huge loss of opportunity. 

7 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

The Eagles are paying Josh Sweat 3 years/$40M and Haason Reddick 3 years/$45M.  Like it or not, the Eagles are paying them to be Robert Quinns

Paying unhappy people lots of money doesn't usually put teams over the top.

Second and fourth rounders starting to sign.  Hopefully Jurgens does soon.

4 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

How funny would it be if Kyrie goes to LA, KD leaves for wherever, and the only "star" left on the Nets is Ben Simmons

As a Nets fan, I fully anticipate this is what's on the horizon.

Archived