EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

41 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Why should he get paid?

I don't think he will be unles he goes on the Commissioner's exempt list.  If he is suspended, I believe the suspension is without pay.  

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He specifically said there was only 3 times he "cheered harder for than usual" and it was Lane, Mailata and Wilson. One other time they asked his preference about JJAW vs Paris Campbell and he had no opinion. 

The follow up question should have been: Why does Howie say JJAW was your pick? 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He specifically said there was only 3 times he "cheered harder for than usual" and it was Lane, Mailata and Wilson. One other time they asked his preference about JJAW vs Paris Campbell and he had no opinion. 

Well how convenient for him...

1 hour ago, RLC said:

No arguments here. It's not just a player thing. From Kamara to Snyder, they should be in jail.

I don't disagree.  Break the law, serve the sentence.

57 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

IF he's found guilty of assault and suspended because of it, he will get zero pay, even if he manages to avoid jail time. But they can't just put him on the list barring him of doing his contractual job and withhold his pay while he's still presumed innocent. 

Agreed.  I was presuming that he was found guilty, because if he's not found guilty. then there would be no grounds for suspension, imo.

21 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I don't think he will be unles he goes on the Commissioner's exempt list.  If he is suspended, I believe the suspension is without pay.  

Makes sense.

Indefinitely would sure be something. Andrew Berry might be out of a job soon. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Indefinitely could just mean until all the dust settles in these lawsuits.  And there's no time frame placed on that yet that I am aware of.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Indefinitely would be the proper ruling from the NFL brand's standpoint -- no telling how many more of these 66 Instagram "masseuses" could still come out of the woodwork.

He would likely be reinstated for the 2023 season unless still embroiled in this mess (of his own making)

27 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Indefinitely could just mean until all the dust settles in these lawsuits.  And there's no time frame placed on that yet that I am aware of.

20 of 24 are settled. Would think the current other 4 wouldn't be too far behind.

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

20 of 24 are settled. Would think the current other 4 wouldn't be too far behind.

That would depend on those 4, I'd assume.  How far do they want to take it?   Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Not to mention how effective would he be if it’s not until 2023 until he comes back?  Yeah, guy can stay in shape.  But over time your other skills, like awareness and accuracy and vision wear away.  Skills you would need real live reps to, develop.  Unless you play for the Eagles.  We don’t need that in Philly.  We got Nick.

We have iPads, we're fine there.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Not to mention how effective would he be if it’s not until 2023 until he comes back?  Yeah, guy can stay in shape.  But over time your other skills, like awareness and accuracy and vision wear away.  Skills you would need real live reps to, develop.  Unless you play for the Eagles.  We don’t need that in Philly.  We got Nick.

It seems he's already pretty effective at coming on his back.

14 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That would depend on those 4, I'd assume.  How far do they want to take it?   Time will tell.

They may feel like giving an indefinite suspension forces him to settle those suits.  They may want him to actually be remorseful.  

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

Indefinitely would be the proper ruling from the NFL brand's standpoint -- no telling how many more of these 66 Instagram "masseuses" could still come out of the woodwork.

He would likely be reinstated for the 2023 season unless still embroiled in this mess (of his own making)

At least was smart enough to "handle” his victims. 

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I don't disagree.  Break the law, serve the sentence.

Unless you riot, burn and loot cities

You disrespectful SOBs.  Hurtsy had 5

I wouldn't mind guessing what his 2022 completion percentage will be.  My prediction is 62.8%

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I wouldn't mind guessing what his 2022 completion percentage will be.  My prediction is 62.8%

Correct. Got by with the skin on his teeth with one 65.38% game

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I said none for my own entertainment.  I'm so bored of the Hurts talk, I actually try and avoid it for the most part.  Like Politics on the blog, no thanks.

1 minute ago, UK Eagle said:

I said none for my own entertainment.  I'm so bored of the Hurts talk, I actually try and avoid it for the most part.  Like Politics on the blog, no thanks.

Okay, then I have two questions for you:

People seem "alarmed" by the Queen's present condition.  She's 96.  How many more years does she have before you get King Chuck? (or George)

Will Harry be stripped of his royal titles before he gets rid of that dreadful Meghan Markle?

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Okay, then I have two questions for you:

People seem "alarmed" by the Queen's present condition.  She's 96.  How many more years does she have before you get King Chuck? (or George)

Will Harry be stripped of his royal titles before he gets rid of that dreadful Meghan Markle?

My guess is she has a year or so - only because she has got a lot older in the last year has some mobility issues and had almost sad look on her face at last Jubilee celebration.  But the genes in her family are for long life, so in some respects, her being 100 and Queen is possible.  If it keeps Charles away from King, all good.

Harry has lost some titles and may do so with the rest of them.  Charles seem keen to slim things down, and if they Netflix the Royal Family, I can see them being the same as Zara Tindall - legal family, not a Royal.  It would hurt the bank balance not being an official royal and being Harry and Meghan Wales.

1 hour ago, Iggles25 said:

It seems he's already pretty effective at coming on his back.

What he does on the masseuse table regularly.

Sorry my word plays are off before I start drinking 🤣

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Anyone want to guess Hurts?

I'd also like to see what the average percentage was for opposing QBs.  It seems every good to great QB threw for 80% plus against Gannon's brilliant death by papercuts defense that couldn't create turnovers.  

7 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I'd also like to see what the average percentage was for opposing QBs.  It seems every good to great QB threw for 80% plus against Gannon's brilliant death by papercuts defense that couldn't create turnovers.  

Att Comp %
Falcons 35 21 60.00%
49ers 30 22 73.33%
Cowboys 26 21 80.77%
Chiefs 30 24 80.00%
Panthers 37 21 56.76%
Bucs 42 34 80.95%
Raiders 34 31 91.18%
Lions 34 25 73.53%
Chargers 38 32 84.21%
Broncos 36 22 61.11%
Saints 40 22 55.00%