Sick of all this Eagles winning the offseason hype

Procus

Look, I'm not complaining about the moves the team made this offseason.  Some really commendable maneuvers by Howie et al.    But every year, there is some team - usually a team like the Browns - who kill it during the offseason, generate a ton of hype, and lay an egg once the regular season starts.

How bout we slow down on the hype and see how the team plays before declaring us the NFC rep in the SB.

• Like 19

Yes, all 25 of us on this MB should be able to convince the media and the fanbase at large to slow down the hype. Get right on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Procus said:

who kill it during the offseason, generate a ton of hype, and lay an egg once the regular season starts.

Think Jerrah will be jealous?

1 hour ago, Procus said:

Look, I'm not complaining about the moves the team made this offseason.  Some really commendable maneuvers by Howie et al.    But every year, there is some team - usually a team like the Browns - who kill it during the offseason, generate a ton of hype, and lay an egg once the regular season starts.

How bout we slow down on the hype and see how the team plays before declaring us the NFC rep in the SB.

I guess you didn't hear ... I'll recap:

Hurts is still the QB. Hurts single-handedly lost the Playoff game last season. Hurts will get carried through the regular season and then in the postseason:

tumblr_las6wsBpik1qb7evco1_500.gifv

This has been confirmed 100% accurate by pessimists everywhere.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You should avoid message forums then.  It's kind of the whole point of it's existence.

Every no name FA that gets signed warrants a Super Bowlzzz response.

Every big name FA signing warrants a debate on whether this team has mortgaged its future.

Every win during the season warrants questions on whether it was "the real test" or to remind everyone which upcoming game will be the real test.

Every loss storms the Link with torches and pitchforks.

If you're tired of it, don't come here, and don't read the sportspages.

But I don't think there's anything wrong with having hope that on paper this team looks good. And that the schedule is quite favourable. And that this team is moving in the right direction. 

Do most of us think they are going to win the SB this year? No. But I think they can win the NFC East. I think they can win a play off game and from there who knows?

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But I don't think there's anything wrong with having hope that on paper this team looks good. And that the schedule is quite favourable. And that this team is moving in the right direction. 

Do most of us think they are going to win the SB this year? No. But I think they can win the NFC East. I think they can win a play off game and from there who knows?

For them to do anything, the QB has to take a leap. Everything else we talk about here is meaningless (even the division) if this doesn’t happen. So yes the hype is pointless.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Vee said:

You should avoid message forums then.  It's kind of the whole point of it's existence.

Every big name FA signing warrants a debate on whether this team has mortgaged its future.

Every win during the season warrants questions on whether it was "the real test" or to remind everyone which upcoming game will be the real test.

You're big on telling people to take down threads and what to think and not think I see.  :roll:

53 minutes ago, Thrive said:

For them to do anything, the QB has to take a leap. Everything else we talk about here is meaningless (even the division) if this doesn’t happen. So yes the hype is pointless.

Actually, all a team has to do is play within themselves. If you need a QB hero to win games, then the rest of your team is a liability.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vee said:

This thread was a trap to make you forget the trap game :ph34r:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Thrive said:

Actually I think Hurts could the the same as last year and they have a better chance. They have a better roster and at this time an easier roster. However, yes to be a real contender he needs to make that leap.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Actually, all a team has to do is play within themselves. If you need a QB hero to win games, then the rest of your team is a liability.

32 teams have roster liabilities, that’s why QB heroes are winning every SB.

Welcome to the salary cap era

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Procus said:

While I completely agree with you, it is pretty typical of Philly media and fans.

I hope the coaching staff keeps the team grounded in the fact that they haven't won anything yet.  That the new additions jell quickly and, being a young team, can be more consistent.  Right now, they should only be focusing on training camp and preseason.  Then only worry about beating the lions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

32 teams have roster liabilities, that’s why QB heroes are winning every SB.

Welcome to the salary cap era

Nope. Defenses still win championships. Foles, a backup, went toe to toe with an all time great and was actually outperformed statistically, but the game came down to which defense made a key play. You had 2 good QBs last year fighting it out, but in the end, it was the performance by Donald  that made the difference. QBs win MVPs, but defenses still win championships. 

20 hours ago, Procus said:

This year it going to be al about Sirianni and Co., they have enough talent to win 10-12 games, if they don't win at least 10 games it's going to be on the coaching staff.

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Nope. Defenses still win championships. Foles, a backup, went toe to toe with an all time great and was actually outperformed statistically, but the game came down to which defense made a key play. You had 2 good QBs last year fighting it out, but in the end, it was the performance by Donald  that made the difference. QBs win MVPs, but defenses still win championships. 

You need a team to win, yes, but those defense aren’t winning anything without the QB play: the original argument

A lot of writers are jumping us way ahead of Dallas, even calling the Eagles contenders and that's really unwarranted

I don't know what to make of this team other than it's not going to win playoff games (because of Hurts). Whether that means we're a 10 win team or a 6 win team I can't say until I see how the new defense comes together, And that will take at least a few regular season games to see.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Procus said:

You're big on telling people to take down threads and what to think and not think I see.  :roll:

Well when people come to forums to complain about what people come to forums to do....

Other times it's kinda nice to close a longstanding outdated thread and begin a new one.

But, whatever.  You wanna come and complain about people complaining???  Complain away.

As far as telling people what to think?  Eh, I think that's a bit of a stretch, but you go on with your bad self.  Like I said before, the whole point of a forum is for people to express their thoughts.

The Rams bucked that trend last year. With Hurts as our QB we really don't have much hype

I have been saying the same thing all over social media. I like how things have gone, but you have to play the games to know if your coaches, players and schemes are good or not. One writer even mentioned a comparison to the Dream Team. NEVER SAY Dream Team- ever.... in Philly. Play the f ing games and let that be the measuring stick. 🏈

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I have been saying the same thing all over social media. I like how things have gone, but you have to play the games to know if your coaches, players and schemes are good or not. One writer even mentioned a comparison to the Dream Team. NEVER SAY Dream Team- ever.... in Philly. Play the f ing games and let that be the measuring stick. 🏈

Exactly! I like the moves, I give credit to Howie for what he's done but right now that's all on paper. In previous years he's made moves that I haven't liked that have worked out so until we see the results on the field we don't know for sure.

• Like 2