Sick of all this Eagles winning the offseason hype

Procus

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Its a great point actually. I mean at this time of year every team has hopes and dreams. No teams have lost a game at this time of year so every fan dreams of something special. But there are a lot of teams that realistically are not going to achieve a lot. Bad teams, teams with very clear holes. And right now I don't think we are one of them. 

We haven't been for a while.  Even during down years since 2000, there were extenuating circumstances.  2005 we had the SB hangover combined with TO's drama and McNabb's injury.  2012 had the death of Reid's son in TC plus pressure from management and a rash of injuries.  The team knew a change was at hand and was banged up on top of it.  2015-16 weren't horrible years, just less than .500 years resulting from Chip Kelly's heavy hand.  2020 was a Covid and injury ravaged year.

Last time the Eagles were really bad were the last two years of the Rhodes era and first year of the Reid era.  Over 20 years ago.

• Like 1

This is nothing new.  We hype ourselves up every year anyways.  

we have a talented roster.  But do we have a good football team? Gotta wait and see. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

This is nothing new.  We hype ourselves up every year anyways.  

we have a talented roster.  But do we have a good football team? Gotta wait and see. 

Give it a few more wks. Every1s gonna be hyping Dallas up like they always do 

Oh yeah? Well you guys just wait until we raise that 2022 Offseason World Champions banner!

1 hour ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Give it a few more wks. Every1s gonna be hyping Dallas up like they always do 

Yeah that’s true and if anything that’s what I’m sick of 

1 hour ago, SNOORDA said:

Yeah that’s true and if anything that’s what I’m sick of 

They're gonna do it anyway and it makes it that much better when they crash and burn 😂😂

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

So far the hype has moved to the regular season now too. 

0D9CB898-5C06-4A16-A45B-3E2720526E95.jpeg

Only thing with that is the salary cap number won’t be anywhere close to that if this keeps up. Hurts will get a massive contract with the way he’s playing 

Unlike other teams who pay their QB, we have a treasure trove of picks to accumulate cheap players if Hurts gets extended.

Win-Win.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nipples said:

Only thing with that is the salary cap number won’t be anywhere close to that if this keeps up. Hurts will get a massive contract with the way he’s playing 

We have to let it all play out, but if Hurts is playing well enough to get a massive deal then it means we have an elite level quarterback who’s barely 26. Personally I don’t like giving the quarterbacks big deals unless they’re elite level. Even tho use guys don’t win SB nearly as often as they should though. I do wonder which is more important to Jalen. Is it the big contract or will it be winning. The guys who want to win will take less money. Also we should not easily dismiss the Howie Roseman factor here. Everyone said the Eagles wouldn’t dump Wentz because of that contract and if they did it would set them back years. The following year they made the playoffs despite being cap strapped and this year arguably have one of the best rosters in football. I wouldn’t worry too much about the cap. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

We have to let it all play out, but if Hurts is playing well enough to get a massive deal then it means we have an elite level quarterback who’s barely 26. Personally I don’t like giving the quarterbacks big deals unless they’re elite level. Even tho use guys don’t win SB nearly as often as they should though. I do wonder which is more important to Jalen. Is it the big contract or will it be winning. The guys who want to win will take less money. Also we should not easily dismiss the Howie Roseman factor here. Everyone said the Eagles wouldn’t dump Wentz because of that contract and if they did it would set them back years. The following year they made the playoffs despite being cap strapped and this year arguably have one of the best rosters in football. I wouldn’t worry too much about the cap. 

I’m not worried about the cap. Just that if Jalen is re-signed, which he should be if his current level of play continues, they won’t have anywhere close to $36M in space. 

3 hours ago, nipples said:

I’m not worried about the cap. Just that if Jalen is re-signed, which he should be if his current level of play continues, they won’t have anywhere close to $36M in space. 

You know Howie though. He always finds ways to manipulate the cap to still get what he wants.