Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny June 2023 - official trailer up

NOTW

10 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Drinking from the holy grail has been forgotten lol

Henry Sr. died

16 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Drinking from the holy grail has been forgotten lol

The plot of that movie has been forgotten:  the old Crusader told him the catch is that you have to stay within the boundary of that temple to keep drinking it.  Once you leave it has no effect and the entire building collapsed.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Henry Sr. died

Yes. Both characters drank from it. It's not a complaint. Just a funny find

On 5/27/2022 at 9:58 AM, hputenis said:

I don't even care.  This is the most "fun" franchise of all time.  Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was terrible, but I'll still watch it whenever it's on.  I can't wait.  Fight me! 

I agree. Although idk what went through their mind on that one

Stick your head up olsilverbag's arse and fight for air

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Because he would be 122 years old.

Sense the sarcasm 😂 

the last film was set in 1957 and involved the Soviets.  This one is supposed to be 1969.  

The first film was 1936 and I don’t know how old he was supposed to be then but 21 years later he was working a cushy teaching job.  I can’t math after all the whiskey but He’s probably like 122 anyway in the Indian timeline.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Lol as many times as I've seen the trailer in theaters I think this was the first time I noticed it looks like there's some time traveling going on

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol as many times as I've seen the trailer in theaters I think this was the first time I noticed it looks like there's some time traveling going on

yeah they published this trailer today and there seems to be some new footage?  I don't know if the previous ones were considered teasers and not the "official."

• 3 weeks later...

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/steven-spielberg-praises-indiana-jones-5-dial-of-destiny-1235594240/

Steven Spielberg Watched ‘Indiana Jones 5,’ Loved It and Told the Director: ‘Damn! I Thought I Only Knew How to Make One of These’

Steven Spielberg has seen "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny,” the fifth installment in the long-running adventure franchise and, notably, the first entry not to be directed by Spielberg himself. "The Wolverine” and "Ford v Ferrari” director James Mangold took over filmmaking duties on "Dial of Destiny.” Anyone worried a Spielberg-less "Indiana Jones” movie might not deliver the goods can now rest easy, as Spielberg himself loved the latest sequel.

"I just had that experience two nights ago,” Spielberg said at the Time 100 Summit when asked what it’s like watching an "Indiana Jones” movie he didn’t direct. "Bob Iger had a screening for a lot of the Disney executives, and I came to the screening along with the director James Mangold. Everybody loved the movie. It’s really, really a good ‘Indiana Jones’ film. I’m really proud of what Jim has done with it.”

Spielberg added, "When the lights came up I just turned to the group and said, ‘Damn! I thought I was the only one who knew how to make one of these.”

• 3 weeks later...

Early reviews on rotten tomatoes have it at 50%.  Prepare yourselves for another Indy flop. 

• Sad 1

You all are nuts. This is going to be 3rd best, at worst, and that’s 3rd behind 2 of the greatest movies ever made.

• 1 month later...

It was about a 6/10, but very minimal in the eye roll category which makes it watchable. 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

It was about a 6/10, but very minimal in the eye roll category which makes it watchable. 

The beginning had me nervous that it was gonna be a CGI fest but, turned out pretty good. They didn't make Indiana do anything to crazy as an old Fer

A friend spoiled some parts of the film for me knowing I'll never watch it. 

Spoiler

Did they really think flying a WW2 era plane through a wormhole and have crew fire at Romans and Greeks with pistols would look good and make sense? 

Indiana Jones should have nothing to do with time travel; should be a funny treasure/legend hunt thing.  Why not look for Atlantis or some magical Egyptian Tomb?  Time travel is a well worn trope nowadays

They did say the same cinema was barely 25% full for it, which doesn't look good for Lucasfilm's bottom line.  Could be another flop

As an aside.  Every time I see Dial of Destiny, my mind changes it to Pick of Destiny.  Which in itself was a pretty bad film