Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny June 2023 - official trailer up

NOTW

41 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

A friend spoiled some parts of the film for me knowing I'll never watch it. 

Hide contents

Did they really think flying a WW2 era plane through a wormhole and have crew fire at Romans and Greeks with pistols would look good and make sense? 

Indiana Jones should have nothing to do with time travel; should be a funny treasure/legend hunt thing.  Why not look for Atlantis or some magical Egyptian Tomb?  Time travel is a well worn trope nowadays

They did say the same cinema was barely 25% full for it, which doesn't look good for Lucasfilm's bottom line.  Could be another flop

As an aside.  Every time I see Dial of Destiny, my mind changes it to Pick of Destiny.  Which in itself was a pretty bad film

Spoiler

The time travel was like the very end of the movie for like 10 min. The rest was looking for the device that caused the time travel. I wasn't thrilled with the time travel thing either till I realized it was just a very small part of it

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:
  Hide contents

The time travel was like the very end of the movie for like 10 min. The rest was looking for the device that caused the time travel. I wasn't thrilled with the time travel thing either till I realized it was just a very small part of it

I just watched it tonight 

Spoiler

They did almost lose me with this in what was otherwise a pretty great film. But then again, I feel like every Indiana Jones film has something completely ridiculous happen just before the end so it stays true to form. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

My friend was similar but their kid enjoyed it enough. Did say they completed wasted Mads Mikkelsen as the villain. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2023 at 3:57 PM, UK Eagle said:
  Hide contents

My friend was similar but their kid enjoyed it enough. Did say they completed wasted Mads Mikkelsen as the villain. 

Spoiler

As is the tradition.  Studios really don’t know how to use Mads well. Im looking at you Dr. strange. 

• Like 1

These are some great updates everyone!  Nothing like black spoiler tags over and over to get me bonered up for this one!  We are actually going to see it Monday afternoon at 12 and we’re bringing our 5 week old. Our goal is for her to be milk drunk the entire movie from mama’s teet. 

• Haha 3

It was better than Crystal Skull but that's a low bar. Was nowhere near as good as the first 3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

It was better than Crystal Skull but that's a low bar. Was nowhere near as good as the first 3

I know a lot of people hate temple of doom for some reason ( I don't)  and I saw a ranking that placed temple of doom 4th in the series and this one 3rd. 

Only thing I can think of is the female character in temple of doom aka Willie was obnoxious and did nothing for the story 

24 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I know a lot of people hate temple of doom for some reason ( I don't)  and I saw a ranking that placed temple of doom 4th in the series and this one 3rd. 

Only thing I can think of is the female character in temple of doom aka Willie was obnoxious and did nothing for the story 

I didn't like Shia Labeouf in the movie

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I didn't like Shia Labeouf in the movie

I wasn't talking about Crystal skull, everyone knows that one is hot garbage 

• Like 1

You’re all nuts. This movie was A+ all the way through. I loved every minute of it.  We successfully got through it with my wife wearing our 5 week old girl on the front pouch. 

32 minutes ago, hputenis said:

You’re all nuts. This movie was A+ all the way through. I loved every minute of it.  We successfully got through it with my wife wearing our 5 week old girl on the front pouch. 

I said it was excellent dammit!! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

167f8837-6b42-486c-a099-e344df37d15e_tex

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

167f8837-6b42-486c-a099-e344df37d15e_tex

Him too lol. 

• 4 months later...

This is streaming on Disney +, I finally watched it, and now I'm going to tell you what I thought about it.  Mixed bag.  Overall I think I liked it, but it had one big problem, the Helena Shaw character.  She was just so unlikeable for so much of the movie, and Indy was forced to become a willing sucker because she sucked so bad.  And, I'm sorry, but the actress who played her is just so unappealing no matter how many times they laughably try to tell us that she's really beautiful. She's not, and while I'll simply accept a lot of things in an effort to make a movie more entertaining, her being sold as attractive is not one of the things I'll accept.  That's the bad, now the good, I found the Indy/Marion/Mutt story line to be emotionally affecting and, in that vein, I thought the ending worked.  Many of the action scenes were also well done, but young CGI Indy early on was not very well done.  All in all it was decent.

• Like 2

On 12/5/2023 at 11:15 AM, The_Omega said:

This is streaming on Disney +, I finally watched it, and now I'm going to tell you what I thought about it.  Mixed bag.  Overall I think I liked it, but it had one big problem, the Helena Shaw character.  She was just so unlikeable for so much of the movie, and Indy was forced to become a willing sucker because she sucked so bad.  And, I'm sorry, but the actress who played her is just so unappealing no matter how many times they laughably try to tell us that she's really beautiful. She's not, and while I'll simply accept a lot of things in an effort to make a movie more entertaining, her being sold as attractive is not one of the things I'll accept.  That's the bad, now the good, I found the Indy/Marion/Mutt story line to be emotionally affecting and, in that vein, I thought the ending worked.  Many of the action scenes were also well done, but young CGI Indy early on was not very well done.  All in all it was decent.

honestly, everytime i heard them say her name, this ran through my head..

Hell in a cell!!! : r/memes

• Haha 1