Eagles are Rebranding their word mark

DBW

13 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Nah, it's just people like to complain about everything.   Nobody will care in a week or two.  It's just the letters, not like it's the logo.

Nah, it's just a bunch of people who refuse to accept SUCK

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DBW said:

Pretty sure a 3rd grader did this with the stock Microsoft word art

Yeah it's very generic. Not a fan

22 minutes ago, Seventy_Yard_FG said:

660409.jpg

we should take this, modify it with green colors, and use the same font but modify the font with some kind of feathering

no more cowboys as ‘americas team’

also get rid of the olive branch.  That works for international relations but this is football

Washington should have done this, if anyone was going to.

8 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Washington should have done this, if anyone was going to.

How about a modified Declaration of Independence cursive style font?

• Haha 2

It sucks when viewed on its own, but I think it could look decent on the jersey. 

I was kinda sick of the spiky wordmark tbh. I'm sort of OK with the new one.

I have never liked the current uniform font either. it can, with some letters/numbers, be too skinny to differentiate from a distance. I would like that to be changed too

I'd LOVE to see the current uniform colors done with a big wide traditional block font, but that won't happen. The reason why not is that NFL teams come up with all these ugly new fonts so they can trademark them.

I like the font that we've had.  Best in the league.  By a lot.

The new look is embarrassingly stupid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Garbage. Looks like a logo from the Rollerball league. Absolute trash.

• Like 2

A gazillion $$ football org can't hire a good professional designer to come up with a simple yet quality logo? They let an employee's child do it.

Maybe I missed it, but is that wordmark going to be used in the end zones?

NM. Saw an article by Zach Berman saying it will used in the end zones. Won't be on the jersey though.

I guess this is the first strike, so to say, for any upcoming uniform changes. 

Start with a safe and plain word mark change, the cater the new uni's to it, maybe? 

I would love to see silver or charcoal pants added. Tired of the white ones.

Next year at this time, Eagles marketing will be promoting sweatshirts with the retro mark

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2022 at 2:52 PM, LacesOut said:

Maybe I missed it, but is that wordmark going to be used in the end zones?

NM. Saw an article by Zach Berman saying it will used in the end zones. Won't be on the jersey though.

Huh.  It might actually look good there.

On 6/18/2022 at 3:05 PM, LacesOut said:

Start with a safe and plain word mark change, the cater the new uni's to it, maybe? 

The unis have needed a face lift for like 10 years, so I sure hope so.

• Like 1

Count me in as liking it.  It is nowhere near as gimmicky as the prior two (the first of which uses a positively weird trying-too-hard font, and the second of which is really really really trying to look space-age).  Just a nice clean font with the two indentations that call to mind an eagles beak or wing without being explicitly a beak or wing.  Really nice.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 8:05 PM, LacesOut said:

Silver pants nope.

The most awful colour of uniform ever invented, I believe they stopped making the material when they stopped filming Buck Rogers and between the various attempts of the NFL to make them a thing and 'lets go to PG rated sexy planet' episodes of Start Trek the Next Generation there now isn't enough material left to go around.

• Haha 2

On 6/16/2022 at 4:53 PM, DBW said:

Pretty sure a 3rd grader did this with the stock Microsoft word art

Lol I'm late to the news but this seems very accurate. I wonder if anyone has gone through the old Microsoft word art fonts and matched it :roll:

What makes zero sense to me is from a business perspective. 

Why would you not run this design by the people who matter the most- 1st? The CUSTOMER is the one who has to buy products with the word mark on it. If they hate it, you lose $$ as a business. STUPID way of doing business. Take polls or whatever you have to do to gage your customer interest/response, THEN make a decision. You don't just do whatever the hell YOU want, unless you like losing $$$. That's fine. 😂

14 hours ago, Talonblood said:

What makes zero sense to me is from a business perspective. 

Why would you not run this design by the people who matter the most- 1st? The CUSTOMER is the one who has to buy products with the word mark on it. If they hate it, you lose $$ as a business. STUPID way of doing business. Take polls or whatever you have to do to gage your customer interest/response, THEN make a decision. You don't just do whatever the hell YOU want, unless you like losing $$$. That's fine. 😂

I work in retail, most customers are dumb AF and if we ran everything by customers we would be out of business. 

• Haha 2

On 6/21/2022 at 6:22 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Silver pants nope.

The most awful colour of uniform ever invented, I believe they stopped making the material when they stopped filming Buck Rogers and between the various attempts of the NFL to make them a thing and 'lets go to PG rated sexy planet' episodes of Start Trek the Next Generation there now isn't enough material left to go around.

Silver pants baby!

On 6/21/2022 at 6:22 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Silver pants nope.

GIF gtfo - animated GIF on GIFER - by Mesar

On 6/17/2022 at 7:19 AM, mr_irie1 said:

"great now change the logo back NOWWWW!!!!11!!!" 🤣 

That must have been from JJ of Good Times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1