Eagles are Rebranding their word mark

DBW

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I work in retail, most customers are dumb AF and if we ran everything by customers we would be out of business. 

Eagles aren't exactly "retail." They have a fan base. has nothing to do with it. But I agree- some people are dumb as/f.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Eagles aren't exactly "retail." They have a fan base. has nothing to do with it. But I agree- some people are dumb as/f.

Still selling sheet bro! 😂😂

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2022 at 4:23 PM, EaglesFan1234 said:

It is not that much better, I do not like the Eagle, it looks like it is about to vomit or is choking 

The Eagle is gagging.

On 6/16/2022 at 2:53 PM, DBW said:

Pretty sure a 3rd grader did this with the stock Microsoft word art

The lettering reminds me of the current Rams wordmark. Trying to follow a trend I guess. As well as take advantage of all of the off-season buzz.

I think some of it might be due to print costs. This new wordmark is just one color, no outlines. It will require less ink on printed materials.  I'm not a fan of it, but there are probably financial reasons for this. 

On 6/25/2022 at 10:54 PM, Peacekeeper said:

New Logo looks pathetic 

You STFU

It's been almost two weeks since the new word mark was revealed, so I decided to swing back and take another look.

It's still stupid.  Truly dumb.  So bad that I'd be embarrassed to wear gear with that logo.  So I won't be buying any.

On 6/27/2022 at 5:08 PM, CaliEagle said:

I think some of it might be due to print costs. This new wordmark is just one color, no outlines. It will require less ink on printed materials.  I'm not a fan of it, but there are probably financial reasons for this. 

Yeah I think it would look good in very selective places.  Like Beanies.

On 6/16/2022 at 6:15 PM, QuinnWR4 said:

It’s terrible. There was no need to rework something that was fine just the way it was. Except to release new merchandise with the new word mark, of course. 

The Eagles had a great classic 1967 Chevy Skylark Blue and told the world that it wasn't good enough and replaced it with a FORD Pinto as an example of what a colossal ___ up the franchise made with this decision. In the end its just a logo, and not as important as player personnel decisions for example.

At least kelly green uniforms are back.

You guys still going off about letters? Lol

Ultimately - WGAF.

But it still feels weird that this came out now, a season before they are reintegrating the kelly green. Why not just arrive at that moment, and maybe even sneak this word art in then? 

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty safe and OK imo. The issue is it doesn't mesh with the current eagle, so they need to redo that with softer edges/lines or it'll just look slightly off.

On 6/29/2022 at 2:33 PM, JBENT87 said:

Ultimately - WGAF.

But it still feels weird that this came out now, a season before they are reintegrating the kelly green. Why not just arrive at that moment, and maybe even sneak this word art in then? 

What’s the Kelly green have to do with it? Its just going to be an alternate, so only worn a couple times a year.