Grand Theft Auto 6

opengeo

43 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Little worried about the cultural shift

If it ain't broke don't fix it

Yeah I was saying this months back. Can't see how this franchise survives in its glorious state in the #MeToo era.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, opengeo said:

Yeah I was saying this months back. Can't see how this franchise survives in its glorious state in the #MeToo era.

It's survived being banned from countries before the metoo crap happened. I just don't want them changing what they are because of any PC crap

It was one of the things that brought me to them. I heard GTA3 was banned and was like oh crap I got to play this lol

• Like 1

Just now, Mike030270 said:

It's survived being banned from countries before the metoo crap happened. I just don't want them changing what they are because of any PC crap

It was one of the things that brought me to them. I heard GTA3 was banned and was like oh crap I got to play this lol

I think we're saying the same thing really. They can't compromise what they are to cater to the #MeToo movement.

• Like 1

I like them for being a company that didn't care if you were offended. They just put out great games

• Like 1

I just hope they go maintain fun characters and good stories. GTA3 was meh there but the gameplay was ground breaking making it a massive hit and creating "sandbox” as a gameplay term. 

Vice City and San Andreas we’re top to bottom great. GTA4 was whack. But GTA5 was beautiful, and I never got into any of the Online which I imagine makes the game only that much more amazing for the people into that stuff. 

Definitely looking forward to this. Ever since 3 they've been getting buried for everything from the violence to sex scenes, and they have been continually staying the course and putting out great games. Would be surprised if they dialed it back in the next one.

10 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Definitely looking forward to this. Ever since 3 they've been getting buried for everything from the violence to sex scenes, and they have been continually staying the course and putting out great games. Would be surprised if they dialed it back in the next one.

I got GTA5 PS3 on a a Friday if not mistaken, and brought it home to play. Had a roommate at the time, and she came home in the middle of one of the early scenes where Franklin and Lamar are just slinging N-bombs back and forth and one another and she was like "what the hell are you playing?!?!"

It was awesome :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I got GTA5 PS3 on a a Friday if not mistaken, and brought it home to play. Had a roommate at the time, and she came home in the middle of one of the early scenes where Franklin and Lamar are just slinging N-bombs back and forth and one another and she was like "what the hell are you playing?!?!"

It was awesome :lol: 

Lol that's great.

GTA Vice City came out when I was like 13 and my parents wouldn't let me have it. So I borrowed it from a friend, hid it in my room and would stay up in my room and play every night from like 1030pm to 1pm until I beat it. Good times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Lol that's great.

GTA Vice City came out when I was like 13 and my parents wouldn't let me have it. So I borrowed it from a friend, hid it in my room and would stay up in my room and play every night from like 1030pm to 1pm until I beat it. Good times.

I think I beat everything in that game except the final mission that was on a boat? No CLUE why I stopped. I had TONS of motorcycle jumps and all this other random stuff that I accomplished too which was the worst part. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/21/2020 at 2:09 PM, opengeo said:

If they take out the strippers with the big cans and the peach body spray...I'm out. Just sayin

Saw a rumor that this will be the first GTA game with a female protagonist and predictably, people are losing their ish. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Saw a rumor that this will be the first GTA game with a female protagonist and predictably, people are losing their ish. 

I'm all for women in leading roles movies games presidents what not. However, they should do new games and movies with them. I don't care for them taking over legendary or iconic characters that were always men. Like ghostbusters, terminator and things like that. 

They tend to force this PC stuff and it ends up bombing and killing a franchise because it ends up being done poorly on top of it. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Who cares. Kind of like what Bwestbrook36 said, as long as they're not remaking Vice City and having you play as Tammy Vercetti, a new female character in an installment of GTA isn't a big deal to me.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm all for women in leading roles movies games presidents what not. However, they should do new games and movies with them. I don't care for them taking over legendary or iconic characters that were always men. Like ghostbusters, terminator and things like that. 

They tend to force this PC stuff and it ends up bombing and killing a franchise because it ends up being done poorly on top of it. 

Ya I don't really care that much as long as the movies are good. From the sounds of it, these two most definitely weren't, so I never saw them and probably never will. Don't have time for anything that's mediocre.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Understandable, and I tend to agree with you, but in this case, just having a female option doesn't seem like a big deal IMO, but some will make it one.

Strippers mentioned above, sex workers are some of the loudest out there currently about their own rights, and their love of what they do. I think they, as a group, might actually be upset by being left out.

• Like 1

Maybe she's a stripper that ends up taking out the bosses and running all the clubs?

I liked all of the stories so I'm curious what they'd do with a female one. Do we know if it's just a solo one? The 3 separate ones was really cool in GTAV.

I don't see a company like Rockstar going PC so I'm not worried. GTA is the game that's been banned from countries and blamed for mass shootings

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

I liked all of the stories so I'm curious what they'd do with a female one. Do we know if it's just a solo one? The 3 separate ones was really cool in GTAV.

I don't see a company like Rockstar going PC so I'm not worried. GTA is the game that's been banned from countries and blamed for mass shootings

Yeah agree. Rockstar does whatever it wants it seems, and they’ll likely keep doing the same.